Will Hitler someday be viewed as a Patriotic German??

I am not saying that the German people will grow to love Hitler.

But as time goes by; they will come to admire his achievments and gloss over his failures..

That's just human nature

His achievements?

You mean turning Germany into a world wide pariah followed by the near total destruction of it, too?

Yeah, Hitler's achievements are something the Germans are going to admire, some day...assuming they grow to hate Germany and the German people, too.

Hitler was a disaster for his nation, Sunni.

Well, I would say Hitler was a very patriotic German. In fact, I'd say there's no question about it.

It's just that that's where patriotism can lead to sometimes.

Everything in moderation, and such.

Well, I would say Hitler was a very patriotic German. In fact, I'd say there's no question about it.

Hitler, that thankless psychotic animal, knew the war was lost, blamed the GERMAN people for losing it, and therefore refused to give up to save his nation from total desctruction.

That's not patriotism, ED, that solopsism.

Hitler, that thankless psychotic animal, knew the war was lost, blamed the GERMAN people for losing it, and therefore refused to give up to save his nation from total desctruction.

Really?? I hadn't heard of that. Where can I find? [Not that I doubt, I just wanna know more, you know]

And yes, I think he was a thankless psychotic animal, but you would at least think that he was absolutely obsessed with German Greatness and all things german [except, you know, german jews, and communism]. Maybe it was only his own greatness though. I was just speaking as a layman.

Really?? I hadn't heard of that. Where can I find? [Not that I doubt, I just wanna know more, you know]

And yes, I think he was a thankless psychotic animal, but you would at least think that he was absolutely obsessed with German Greatness and all things german [except, you know, german jews, and communism]. Maybe it was only his own greatness though. I was just speaking as a layman.

Hitler was obsessed with his own greatness. when a battle was lost, the blame was shifted to the generals, even when hitler overruled the commander on the ground, being the big führer and all. so rommel got blamed for letting the allies land in normandy, and Paulus was blamed for the Stalingrad disaster.he was promoted to Feldmarschall while in the Kessel, meaning an order to suicide, because until then no german Feldmarschall was ever captured in battle or surrendered. Paulus did not commit suicide, and was maligned for that by Hitler personally and of course by the press. rommel was allowed to commit suicide after he was accused of participating in unternehmen walküre.

in the last months of the war, i don't know if Hitler knew what was actually going on outside of his bubble, with all the drugs and the lap dogs only reporting what he wanted to hear.

i am shooting from the hip here basically, so correct me if i am wrong, but we can all agree that Hitler was a major league asshole, and if i can help it, he will never by seen as a patriotic german. for me personally, there exists no national pride, no patriotism, no special respect for soldiers, no flag-waving, no singing the anthem and so on. i don't miss it, but this is of course a result of the third reich.

Last edited:

Hitler was obsessed with his own greatness. when a battle was lost, the blame was shifted to the generals, even when hitler overruled the commander on the ground, being the big führer and all. so rommel got blamed for letting the allies land in normandy, and Paulus was blamed for the Stalingrad disaster.he was promoted to Feldmarschall while in the Kessel, meaning an order to suicide, because until then no german Feldmarschall was ever captured in battle or surrendered. Paulus did not commit suicide, and was maligned for that by Hitler personally and of course by the press. rommel was allowed to commit suicide after he was accused of participating in unternehmen walküre.

in the last months of the war, i don't know if Hitler knew what was actually going on outside of his bubble, with all the drugs and the lap dogs only reporting what he wanted to hear.

i am shooting from the hip here basically, so correct me if i am wrong, but we can all agree that Hitler was a major league asshole, and if i can help it, he will never by seen as a patriotic german. for me personally, there exists no national pride, no patriotism, no special respect for soldiers, no flag-waving, no singing the anthem and so on. i don't miss it, but this is of course a result of the third reich.

I can definitely agree that Hitler was a major league asshole and much worse, and I know that he would blame his generals for his defeats, but I hadn't ever heard that he cursed the German people for losing the War in the final act, not that I doubt it, I could see it happen, just hadn't read about that, and I'd like to read more.

I also don't doubt that he was obsessed with his own greatness. But, I dunno, he did have a total obsession with the superiority and greatness of his race and he most definitely thought Germany was by far the greatest country ever, and that it deserved to wipe out all others from the planet just because they were "better". I was just drawing the conclusion that excessive "patriotism" can lead to such a dark path. I'm obviously not talking about the healthy "I wanna make my country better" patriotism, I'm talking about the "My country can never do wrong and it's the best in the world because it represents civilization and the course of history and all the rest are savages" type patriotism... which happens to be alive and well in the 21st century!

I'm of the school of thought that Hitler, for all his horrifying brutality, was really not that special. He was a racist asshole who happened to lead one of the most powerful countries ever, but there are/were plenty of assholes that would've done the same, and that is the REALLY scary part of it. Truth is, history is littered with Little Hitlers; and those are the ones we have to keep watching out for.

That's my take on it, anyway.

I can definitely agree that Hitler was a major league asshole and much worse, and I know that he would blame his generals for his defeats, but I hadn't ever heard that he cursed the German people for losing the War in the final act, not that I doubt it, I could see it happen, just hadn't read about that, and I'd like to read more.

I also don't doubt that he was obsessed with his own greatness. But, I dunno, he did have a total obsession with the superiority and greatness of his race and he most definitely thought Germany was by far the greatest country ever, and that it deserved to wipe out all others from the planet just because they were "better". I was just drawing the conclusion that excessive "patriotism" can lead to such a dark path. I'm obviously not talking about the healthy "I wanna make my country better" patriotism, I'm talking about the "My country can never do wrong and it's the best in the world because it represents civilization and the course of history and all the rest are savages" type patriotism... which happens to be alive and well in the 21st century!

I'm of the school of thought that Hitler, for all his horrifying brutality, was really not that special. He was a racist asshole who happened to lead one of the most powerful countries ever, but there are/were plenty of assholes that would've done the same, and that is the REALLY scary part of it. Truth is, history is littered with Little Hitlers; and those are the ones we have to keep watching out for.

That's my take on it, anyway.

i completely agree (how boring), especially about the part with excessive patriotism, and that hitler was NOT a singularity and being watchful for the new hitlers.

i also suspect that hitler never stopped thinking that germans were teh best and teh most awesome, GERMANY No 1, Hurra! when someone failed him, he was declared non-german, corrupted by judeo-bolshevik elements, e.g. so the list of true germans became shorter and shorter, in the end the only true germans were dolferl and blondie.

see the pattern?

true scotsman, true german, true conservative... lol

I am not saying that the German people will grow to love Hitler.

But as time goes by; they will come to admire his achievments and gloss over his failures..

That's just human nature

His achievements?

You mean turning Germany into a world wide pariah followed by the near total destruction of it, too?

Yeah, Hitler's achievements are something the Germans are going to admire, some day...assuming they grow to hate Germany and the German people, too.

Hitler was a disaster for his nation, Sunni.
I believe that in several generations.

The German people will remember that Hitler sowed the seeds for man's space exploration.

That Hitler's autobaun was the basis for all moder highway systems.

That he is mainly responsible for modern swept wing jet aircraft.

And many other leaps in advanced technology.

I believe that the German people in a few generations will not see Hitler as evil.

But will view him as a misunderstand leader. Who was a true patriot to Germany.

And they will gloss over any failings he might have caused.

The German people will remember that Hitler sowed the seeds for man's space exploration.

Science and technology had been a strongpoint of German civilization long before Hitler.

Science and technology had been a strongpoint of German civilization long before Hitler.
Under Hitler's leadership,

Germany was the world's leader in just about every category of science and technology.

A man whose actions brought shame on the nation for generations to come... a man whose work left the nation bereft of sons, in ruins and enslaved to foreign powers, a slavery that lasted four times as long as his regime, a man who started out as a petty criminal and wound up a vandal destroying the best of the national culture..... He will only be a hero to fellow sociopaths.

Napoleon left behind him, for all his faults, a europe where bigotry and slavery were badly damaged, he left a legal code that was a huge improvement on what went before, and is still in use.

Napoleon cleansed Europe of its worst vices. Even though he was pretty bad himself, western civilization is better off for what he managed to accomplish.

Hitler is a stain on western civilization that can never be cleaned away.

I don't believe Hitler can be considered a patriotic german either. He was a gangster first, last and always. He liked violence for its own sake.

Everything that is Germany, culture, manners, intelligence... he is the anti Germany. Uncultured, ill mannered, clever and violent taking the place of brains.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edp02HyBqrY]YouTube - Mass murderers[/ame]

My opinion of Hitler closely parallels that of Eddie Izzard above :lol:

And no... I don't believe any intelligent German with a heart will ever praise Hitler - for anything.

Not a mixed bag. Total unrelieved disaster from beginning to end. About the only positive was he built some roads. BFHD. From trashing the republic to the total disintegration under millions of pound of explosive, he was a disaster for Germany.

He found Germany as a basket case, and her turned it into a worse basket case. Along the way he left a path of death destruction and despair. There is nothing positive to the man but the fact he died.

Not a mixed bag. Total unrelieved disaster from beginning to end. About the only positive was he built some roads. BFHD. From trashing the republic to the total disintegration under millions of pound of explosive, he was a disaster for Germany.

He found Germany as a basket case, and her turned it into a worse basket case. Along the way he left a path of death destruction and despair. There is nothing positive to the man but the fact he died.

hitler was a mixed bag.

in the bag were all kinds of shit.

and not the one you smoke.

Forum List

Back