For those afraid of where the U.S is headed spiritually, one key indicator I have found in history to be concerned with: a powerful police apparatus

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I thought of posting this after addressing the fear of Communism in the U.S thread. I apologize for the length in advance.

Look to WWII alone, below just from the top of my head. This period is time used to be a guide for us to learn from. We would be wise to revisit this period in history even as time elapses. This is especially true after living through covid and with a potential 3rd WW in our futures.

Mussolini (Italian dictator who actually influenced Hitler) utilized the Italian police and people don't even realize that Jews faced death in concentration camps there (google Riseria di San Sabba). He had the support of former police including retired police commissioner, Emilio Saracini who wrote glowing articles and pushed for a harder "tough on crime" agenda leading to the OVRA.

Muller, a former German cop who rised through the ranks of the nazi party, ironically as before hand he did not even support their party. He went on to become head of the Gestapo and was responsible for countless deaths of innocent people. He also learned from Stalins secret police if I'm not mistaken.

The use of Red Terror in Russia. A nation with perhaps the most consistent use of secret police throughout their history. They really set the gold standard for abuses across centuries. They haven't evolved much today have they?

Even French police were involved in assisting their German occupiers. Hungarian police agencies involved in the death of countless innocent people.

The more powerful and unaccountable the police force, the broader the expansion of what is defined a crime. There are countless dictators in the 20th Century for us to learn from. The more likely men in uniform who are recognizable and accountable become men in plain clothes with little accountability, the more they will target people for any reason they deem acceptable.

It is why I will keep reminding Americans to not become like other nations and/or trust their police forces. We aren't like you. No nation really is thanks to your Constitution and those who sacrificed to defend it. IMO, the more openly police reject the removal of citizens rights when ordered to, be they your 1st or 2nd Amendment Rights etc, the more trustworthy they are in safeguarding your Republic.

In Ontario we had police ticketing people $5k for walking outside. Another person for not giving proper distance when going to grab a coffee from a coffee shop. This is what the impulses of some unaccountable systems lead to...

P.S A special shout out to Elon Musk. People don't realize what is at stake and his purchase of Twitter, though he overpaid; may end up being the best result for America and the West. His free speech mantra which was being destroyed by the far-left can now be held up against foreign nations lackthereof. If not for him, Twitter would just be assisting Americas enemies.

Last edited:
P.S A special shout out to Elon Musk. People don't realize what is at stake and his purchase of Twitter, though he overpaid; may end up being the best result for America and the West. His free speech mantra
You misspelled "Musk's fanatical censorship campaign." He bought Twitter so he could censor.

One party in the USA worships Police Power. It's not the Democrats.

You misspelled "Musk's fanatical censorship campaign." He bought Twitter so he could censor.

One party in the USA worships Police Power. It's not the Democrats.
That's some fake news right there. Fascism really doesn't have a party anymore. Without question though, any0 far-left or far-right proponents of their ideology are equally guilty.

Of course it does. Only one side tries to overthrow elections. Only one side tries to implement a one-party authoritarian state.

Hint: It's the party you back. You enable fascism.
Which party do I back?

I thought of posting this after addressing the fear of Communism in the U.S thread. I apologize for the length in advance.

Look to WWII alone, below just from the top of my head. This period is time used to be a guide for us to learn from. We would be wise to revisit this period in history even as time elapses. This is especially true after living through covid and with a potential 3rd WW in our futures.

Mussolini (Italian dictator who actually influenced Hitler) utilized the Italian police and people don't even realize that Jews faced death in concentration camps there (google Riseria di San Sabba). He had the support of former police including retired police commissioner, Emilio Saracini who wrote glowing articles and pushed for a harder "tough on crime" agenda leading to the OVRA.

Muller, a former German cop who rised through the ranks of the nazi party, ironically as before hand he did not even support their party. He went on to become head of the Gestapo and was responsible for countless deaths of innocent people. He also learned from Stalins secret police if I'm not mistaken.

The use of Red Terror in Russia. A nation with perhaps the most consistent use of secret police throughout their history. They really set the gold standard for abuses across centuries. They haven't evolved much today have they?

Even French police were involved in assisting their German occupiers. Hungarian police agencies involved in the death of countless innocent people.

The more powerful and unaccountable the police force, the broader the expansion of what is defined a crime. There are countless dictators in the 20th Century for us to learn from. The more likely men in uniform who are recognizable and accountable become men in plain clothes with little accountability, the more they will target people for any reason they deem acceptable.

It is why I will keep reminding Americans to not become like other nations and/or trust their police forces. We aren't like you. No nation really is thanks to your Constitution and those who sacrificed to defend it. IMO, the more openly police reject the removal of citizens rights when ordered to, be they your 1st or 2nd Amendment Rights etc, the more trustworthy they are in safeguarding your Republic.

In Ontario we had police ticketing people $5k for walking outside. Another person for not giving proper distance when going to grab a coffee from a coffee shop. This is what the impulses of some unaccountable systems lead to...

P.S A special shout out to Elon Musk. People don't realize what is at stake and his purchase of Twitter, though he overpaid; may end up being the best result for America and the West. His free speech mantra which was being destroyed by the far-left can now be held up against foreign nations lackthereof. If not for him, Twitter would just be assisting Americas enemies.
Hilariously flawed post

The US has had a powerful police apparatus AT LEAST since J. Edgar headed up the FBI. That agency has been corrupt for many long decades.

Forum List

Back