Will Hitler someday be viewed as a Patriotic German??

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
200 years ago, Napolean was the hated enemy of most of europe.

He basically brought France to ruin and was vilified by the Frence people.

Today Napolean is seen in a different light.

He is now an icon in France, and seen as a beloved French patriot.

The question is:

200 years from now.

Will Hitler be seen as an icon by the German people, and be viewed as a German patriot?

While you won't hear German's openly express their true feelings there are many German's (In Bavaria) that still think Hitler was a good man and did great things for Germany.

I know this for a fact.

I don't align myself with those German's that think that by the way.

Time seems to have a way of rehabilitating historical figures.
No there was a documentry on this...German's that think Hilter was great never thought anything different from that. Time had nothing to do with it. This is a small portion of the German population but they are there.

I doubt it.

Hitler's drive to take over Europe and Napoleons were so different that they really aren't comparable.

Both men wanted to conquer Europe and both invaded Russia

But comparing the two isn't what this thread is about.

I believe that in 200 years.

Hitler will be viewed in a totally different light.

Not only in Europe, but also in the U.S.

You're living on another planet. There is no way millions of murdered people will be erased from History no matter how much you wish that would happen.:lol:

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.

Needlessly killing millions of civilians isn't something Europe is likely to soon forget about Hitler.

You're living on another planet. There is no way millions of murdered people will be erased from History no matter how much you wish that would happen
This thread isn't about the so called holocaust or what I wish would happen.

I am just saying that history usually gets rewritten after several generations of people look back on historical events.

You're living on another planet. There is no way millions of murdered people will be erased from History no matter how much you wish that would happen

I am just saying that history usually gets rewritten after several generations of people look back on historical events.
History will always be Hitler/Holocaust PERIOD. That will never be seperated from the him.

There isn't much doubt that Hitler BELIEVED he was a German patriot who was doing good things for the country. However, no matter how you look at it, it's just as obvious that he did Germany far more harm than good.

200 years ago, Napolean(Napoleon) was the hated enemy of most of europe Europe).
He basically brought France to ruin and was vilified by the Frence (French) people.
Today Napolean(Napoleon) is seen in a different light.
The question is:
200 years from now.
Will Hitler be seen as an icon by the German people, and be viewed as a German patriot?
Wasn't this discussed on The History Channel today?

As europe's non white population continues to rapidly grow due to immigration and high child birth.

Many of Europe's white people will feel threatened and long for the days when their continent was mostly caucasion.

Hitler nostalgia could easily consume Europe.

Thus transforming Hitler from villain to Hero.

200 years ago, Napolean(Napoleon) was the hated enemy of most of europe Europe).
He basically brought France to ruin and was vilified by the Frence (French) people.
Today Napolean(Napoleon) is seen in a different light.
The question is:
200 years from now.
Wasn't this discussed on The History Channel today?
Yes it was.

It spoke about Napolean and how he had gone from hated to loved in France over the last two centuries.

Which got me to thinking that the same transformation could happen to Hitler in the next couple of centuries.

History will always be Hitler/Holocaust PERIOD. That will never be seperated from the him.
Maybe / Maybe not :doubt:

Honestly, if he hadn't committed suicide, he might be. Many Germans believed in him all the way up until he blew his brains out. Indoctrination.

About Napoleon, he brought a law code that gave most of Europe its first dose of true rights ever, he was considered a villian by the old gaurd monachys that feared the revolutionary ideals of France.

Hitler was a mass murderer that slaughtered his own people as well as many others, he will never be considered anything but scum, and rightfully so.

About Napoleon, he brought a law code that gave most of Europe its first dose of true rights ever, he was considered a villian by the old gaurd monachys that feared the revolutionary ideals of France.

Hitler was a mass murderer that slaughtered his own people as well as many others, he will never be considered anything but scum, and rightfully so.

There were some in West Germany who, even after the war, still had good things to say about him. In East Germany, Hoenecker probably shot anyone who said such a thing.

Forum List

Back