Zone1 Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf

Mortimer

Let me try to expain you something what nearly all people are doing wrong when they speak about Hitler and world war 2: They believe in a word of Hitler.

The father of Joachhim Fest (who had been the first German historian who had been able to make a biography of Hitler - what not had been easy) said about Hitler in the time of Hitler: "Hitler is such a damn good liar - so even the opposites of his lies are lies again". Hitler himselve said by the way that he had learned to lie from the US-American presidents. ... A lie? ... Whatever.

I do not know for example how often I read in my life that Adolf Hitler loved the books of Karl May. The only source for this statement? Adolf Hitler. I on my own read all books of Karl May and so I am absolutelly sure Hitler never read only one of his books. Nothing in Hitlers behavior fits only a little with one of the famous heroes in this fantasy stories which Karl May published as travel reports - maybe in the tradition of Jonathan Swift. Before Karl May wrote his travel reports he never was in the countries which he visited in his fantasy. Nevertheless his stories are as realitic as if he had been really there. Still his imagination of "Winnetou" is one of the most fascinating imaginations of Red Indians. And in his time of history for sure no one had called Karl May a racist; Sure he also used stereotypes of the 19th century - he was a child of the19th century - but never anyone had called Karl May a racist. Today only superidiots do so who never read what he really wrote. He was influenced from the idea of "the noble wild man" (human beings are created from god and so they are good when they live as wildes in a more natural way). What he wrote about Red Indians he had been also able to write about ancient Germans. But this would not had been as fascinating for us Germans. He tried to imagine what had happened in other countries and Karl May showed very well: The best aeroplane is the own fantasy. But it is perhaps very good to know the difference between fantasy and reality.
I say: Hitler never read the books of Karl May - but to say "I read Karl May" made him to be like all other Germans. But he was not like all other Germans! He became step by step and more and more someone or something what no one really is able to understand. So do not try to find wrong explanations. Specially not the wrong explanations which Hitler gave on his own.

Last edited:
Mortimer

Let me try to expain you something what nearly all people are doing wrong when they speak about Hitler and world war 2: They believe in a word of Hitler.

The father of Joachhim Fest (who had been the first German historian who had been able to make a biography of Hitler - what not had been easy) said about Hitler in the time of Hitler: "Hitler is such a damn good liar - so even the opposites of his lies are lies again". Hitler himselve said by the way that he had learned to lie from the US-American presidents. ... A lie? ... Whatever.

I do not know for example how often I read in my life that Adolf Hitler loved the books of Karl May. The only source for this statement? Adolf Hitler. I on my own read all books of Karl May and so I am absolutelly sure Hitler never read only one of his books. Nothing in Hitlers behavior fits only a little with one of the famous heroes in this fantasy stories which Karl May published as travel reports - maybe in the tradition of Jonathan Swift. Before Karl May wrote his travel reports he never was in the countries which he visited in his fantasy. Nevertheless his stories are as realitic as if he had been really there. Still his imagination of "Winnetou" is one of the most fascinating imaginations of Red Indians. And in his time of history for sure no one had called Karl May a racist; Sure he also used stereotypes of the 19th century - he was a child of the19th century - but never anyone had called Karl May a racist. Today only superidiots do so who never read what he really wrote. He was influenced from the idea of "the noble wild man" (human beings are created from god and so they are good when they live as wildes in a more natural way). What he wrote about Red Indians he had been also able to write about ancient Germans. But this would not had been as fascinating for us Germans. He tried to imagine what had happened in other countries and Karl May showed very well: The best aeroplane is the own fantasy. But it is perhaps very good to know the difference between fantasy and reality.
I say: Hitler never read the books of Karl May - but to say "I read Karl May" made him to be like all other Germans. But he was not like all other Germans! He became step by step and more and more someone or something what no one really is able to understand. So do not try to find wrong explanations. Specially not the wrong explanations which Hitler gave on his own.

,.!.

Forum List

Back