Wild Card Special ...Seattle At Minnesota

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The Hawks smacked the Vikings around something like 37-7 a few weeks ago. They just finished bitch-slapping "The Best Team IN The NFL". 36-6

I'll go out on a limb and predict the Seahawks tune up for their probable rematch with the Panthers by easily winning up in Minnesota.

There are numerous reports of Marshawn Lynch sightings coming out of the V-Mack(The Virginia Mason Athletic Center at the Seattle Seahawks practice Location on Lake Washington)....or at least some big black dude with dreds and gold teeth in the weight room.

Thing is Christine Michaels ran for 102 against the Cards. We do not REALLY need the capricious Marshawn Lynch to beat the Vikings as we didn't need him the last time we beat them.

Tickets 50 yard line...@ $225

Airfare Sea to Minn.... $165

Hotel $60 a night

Car rental $30 a day

Temp at kickoff 0 deg f windchill possibly -30

Expedition parka, pants, gloves, 0 deg boots and polar face mask........... $1000 plus

Warning! spending 3 hours in zero degrees without proper equipment can be fatal.

I'm worried about the Seahawks. In these conditions Forecast temps high of 5 degrees..low -7 degrees

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMN0503:1:US

Frostbite on bare skin in these conditions can happen in minutes.

Sure the Hawks will be playing in the same conditions as the Vikings but that isn't the point. The Vikings won't have to play in the next week. They will be one and done. My concern is the after effects on the hawks for the game after this one.

I wonder what temps the NFL would declare a game temp too dangerous to play in? The answer is there are no NFL regulations concerning game temps.

Upon further study from experts in South Polar expeditions by the Navy it takes approximately two weeks to acclimatize for 0 ish temperatures so I expect some physical trauma during the game.

This is not really an excuse post. The temps will drop on Saturday through Sunday so both teams will basically have the same problems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/14/s...p-passes-are-least-of-bodys-worries.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Another reason why Seattle will win....Wilson QBR 110.1 v Bridgewater 88.7. Wilson 34 touchdown passes and 8 picks v Bridgewater 14 touchdown passes and 9 picks.

Another reason why Seattle will win....Wilson QBR 110.1 v Bridgewater 88.7. Wilson 34 touchdown passes and 8 picks v Bridgewater 14 touchdown passes and 9 picks.

Talent wise there shouldn't be any doubt that the Hawks will prevail. Enter the weather. The football bounces funny on warm and sunny days. At near zero degrees the fingers are numb and the ball feels greased IF the QB can put it on target. The game temperature should cause several unforced mistakes. There will probably be a few tipped balls that would normally be easy catches. This should be true whether Bridgewater or Wilson is behind center. Also it will be more difficult for RBs to hang onto the ball when tackled. Again this possibility should affect both teams.

I hope the officials can keep the game balls warm somehow. Otherwise the punters will bruise the crap outta their feet and ankles. A frozen football is as hard as a rock. Speaking of feet ...the toes are the first extremity to lose blood supply as the body automatically forces the blood supply inwards to protect the vital organs. This blood supply problem to the toes allows the toes to go without feeling very easily which makes running and turning/cutting very hard. It also makes it more difficult for DBs to run down any back or receiver that makes it through the line and has some open field.

The cold should make this game more interesting than it would be on a more agreeable field.

Still...the Hawks are very disciplined on defense and also on offense and that should minimize the effects of the cold.

Who will make the biggest difference in the ZERO degree Wild Card?

Russell Wilson?

Marshawn Lynch?

Tyler Lockett?

Doug Baldwin?

Michael Bennett?

Teddy Bridgewater?

Adrian Peterson?

There are probably others that could step up as some do in these big games.

Will turnovers and the difficulty holding onto the ball be the biggest difference?

The game will be entertaining...from your cozy TV room or bar.

I just watched the GB/ Vikes game so to get a better feel for the competition.. Had to quit at the end of the first half. What an awful game. Neither team has a good O-Line. Neither team has a decent defense. The score at the first half was 6-3 with no turnovers.. This wasn't your daddy's GB Packers. UHG!

Bridgewater could only get the ball to wide open short passes. Peterson wasn't at all impressive. Rodgers O-Line gave him no time at all. I can't remember a single play where Aaron had a pocket to throw from. The same applied to Teddy's O-Line. Both teams played embarrassingly. Neither team would have stood a chance against the Hawks in that game.

The way the Hawks have it dialed up ALA their game in AZ all they have to do is not let the cold weather dictate the outcome and just protect the ball the Hawks should flat run away with the game.

The Seahawks COULD lose if Wilson tries to get extra fancy and throws his passes too fast and the ball gets tipped to some lucky Viking players. The other way is if the cold makes it hard to hold onto the ball and the Vikings luck out with recovering the ball inside the red zone. This would have to happen half a dozen times to give the Vikings a chance.

The only Seahawk player to miss the game will be Luke Willson. He had a concussion. I don't know how they decide if he has passed concussion protocol because the guy talks nonsense all the time. He is absolutely sure that we never landed on the moon and other crazy conspiracy stuff. :lol:

He is probably just fine. It's the crazy talk that is keeping him off the field. :lol:

This will be a close game. I'm not giving it to the Vikings, but Vikings had 4 defensive starters out when they lost to the Hawks and Wilson has never played in a game in deep freezer temps. Also, how will Bennets' injured toe react when his foot gets stepped on when the temperature is 3 degrees, and that's the forecasted temp. at kickoff, as it only goes into the minus category at sundown.
This will be a close game.

This will be a close game. I'm not giving it to the Vikings, but Vikings had 4 defensive starters out when they lost to the Hawks and Wilson has never played in a game in deep freezer temps. Also, how will Bennets' injured toe react when his foot gets stepped on when the temperature is 3 degrees, and that's the forecasted temp. at kickoff, as it only goes into the minus category at sundown.
This will be a close game.

"Wilson has never played in a game in deep freezer temps."

Neither has Bridgewater. If you want to compare QBs physically the most important feature is the size of the hands to get a spin on a frozen ball. Bridgewater has very small hands for an NFL QB and Wilson has HUGE hands for an NFL QB. Just that one thing will make the difference in ZERO degrees.

As for injuries the Hawks played with many replacements most note able Lynch and graham

Player Position Injury Sunday Status

This is the official injury report preceding the game

Seahawks
Jimmy Graham out

Demarcus Dobbs DE Concussion Out
Jordan Hill DT Toe Out
Marshawn Lynch RB Abdomen Out
Paul Richardson WR Hamstring Out
Marcus Burley CB Ankle Questionable
Will Tukuafu FB Concussion Questionable
Michael Bennett DE Non-Injury Probable
Jeremy Lane CB Knee Probable
Patrick Lewis C Knee Probable
Earl Thomas S Hip Probable

Vikings
Position Injury Sunday Status
Linval Joseph DT Ankle Out
Andrew Sendejo S Knee Out
Anthony Barr LB Hand/Groin Questionable
Harrison Smith S Knee Questionable
Robert Blanton S Ankle Probable
Trae Waynes CB Ankle Probable

It was my observation that Barr played for part of the game.

Lynch will not be making the trip to play the Vikings will hurt, but Christine Michael has shown he can do the job.
The only players listed on the Seahawk web site to miss the game will be Willson and Lynch. The Vikings only list Kenrick Ellis as out according to the Viking web site.

If the weather is to be that cold I honestly think that this should be postponed or moved. I have seen documentaries on the Ice Bowl and those guys had issues from being out in that for the rest of their lives. I personally do not feel it is safe for anyone and I am not being biased toward either team just considering everyone including ticket holders to stadium staff...not safe conditions period

Forum List

Back