Wild Card Special ...Seattle At Minnesota

Now I hope Carroll comes home to Seattle and immediately cuts Lynch for wasting a weeks worth of practice on his stank ass.

On to Carolina. Now that we have this shitburger of a game behind us watch Wilson go light it up against the Panthers.

Totally agree with you 'bout Lynch.......as he sez he's no good to go two hours before Seattle boards the plane as the 1st team practices with him all week. I always thought Lynch was a 'skittles' weird-o.........

Now I hope Carroll comes home to Seattle and immediately cuts Lynch for wasting a weeks worth of practice on his stank ass.

On to Carolina. Now that we have this shitburger of a game behind us watch Wilson go light it up against the Panthers.

I see you're still runnin' your typical arrogant Seattle fan mouth already about next weeks' game. See, that's what I can't stand about Seahag fans, they think they will kick ass in a game before it's ever played!
Any Seattle fan that bet the Vegas book spread and took 'em today against Minn. got their wallets emptied today.............and deservedly so...............:smoke:.

I see you're still runnin' your typical arrogant Seattle fan mouth already about next weeks' game. See, that's what I can't stand about Seahag fans, they think they will kick ass in a game before it's ever played!
Any Seattle fan that bet the Vegas book spread and took 'em today against Minn. got their wallets emptied today.............and deservedly so...............:smoke:.
A lot of them are indeed.Huggy and Antiquity sure are,thats why I have gone to being a big fan of them to not caring about them if they win or not now. I know people out in LA who say they go to their games out there in seattle and most are arrogant just like Huggy and Antiquity.

there are a few of them out there who arent such as Blue Phantom and Trinnity but there are very few like those two.

Last year I thought it was stupid how people were saying to Huggy last year that the seahawks got lucky in beating the packers in the NFC title game to get to the superbowl when they made some clutch difficult plays in that game to get there.

However THIS year I am with the ones that said that to Huggy last year.If they go to the superbowl this year,they will indeed have gotten lucky to get there.Had that place kicker gotten the shoe laces of the football lined up correctly,then the hawks would have had an early exit.

I have a feeling they are going to the superbowl after the cardinals did not show up to play them last week and the panthers just barely beat seattle earlier in the year in seattle when the seahawks were struggling with their offensive line.

Last edited:

A lot of them are indeed.Huggy and Antiquity sure are,thats why I have gone to being a big fan of them to not caring about them if they win or not now. I know people out in LA who say they go to their games out there in seattle and most are arrogant just like Huggy and Antiquity.

there are a few of them out there who arent such as Blue Phantom and Trinnity but there are very few like those two.

Last year I thought it was stupid how people were saying to Huggy last year that the seahawks got lucky in beating the packers to get to the superbowl when they made some clutch difficult plays to get there.

However THIS year I am with the ones that said that to Huggy last year.If they go to the superbowl this year,they will indeed have gotten lucky to get there.Had that place kicker gotten the shoe laces of the football lined up correctly,then the hawks would have had an early exit.

I have a feeling they are going to the superbowl after the cardinals did not show up to play them last week and the panthers just barely beat seattle earlier in the year in seattle when the seahawks were struggling with their offensive line.

Panthers are well rested and Seattle will be still thawing out from todays' game........agree with everything else in yer' post, tho'.

I have a feeling the Hawks will be back in the superbowl again this year because this was their toughest road test of the year.They struggled on offense not only because the vikings have a good defense but because they are playing in frigid conditions they are not used to.

that one pass Wilson through to Lockett in the end zone,had that been in seattle that would have gone for a touchdown but since it was so ice cold there,the ball hung up a while in the air longer that it would have in someplace like seattle or new york where it is not near as cold as it is there right now.

the state of minnesota is being very stupid going to a dome.They have never made it back to the superbowl ever since going inside a dome.

The vikings always made the playoffs in the past because when they would play teams like the dallas cowboys,new york giants,baltimore colts-who were in the NFC at that time,and my LOS ANGLES Rams of this year,they had a huge advantage because those teams were not used to the cold conditions like the vikings were so the vikes always had that edge.

Once the vikings got to the superbowl,they couldnt handle the heat so the games were never close.

Had to watch this game since this will be the last outdoor game for the vikings in minnesota for ages to come so had to enjoy it while i could.

Prior to this outdoor game,this was the last outdoor game played in minnesota before going indoors for decades.sad that the NFL has ruined the game with indoor football in a city like minnesota where they love the games being played outdoors.

here again is that last game played outdoors in minnesota before going indoors for several decades. really sad the NFL is making the same mistake as they did last time and never learns from their mistakes.

the vikings after they go indoors again next year,late in the season,they will lose games to the Bears and Packers since they wont be used to those conditions.

It was a great, authentic smash-mouth game played in frigid temps.
yeah thats what you get when you have those good old fashioned outdoor games.the NFL is a cartel,they do not care about the fans and what they want.they voted to have an outdoor stadium yet the state gave them the middle finger.
thats why i stick to watching mostly old NFL games and rarely watch the playoffs now.

Last edited:
It was a great, authentic smash-mouth game played in frigid temps.
yeah thats what you get when you have those good old fashioned old door games.the NFL is a cartel,they do not care about the fans and what they want.they voted to have an outdoor stadium yet the state gave them the middle finger.
thats why i stick to watching mostly old NFL games and rarely watch the playoffs now.

The NFL has become every year more an' more entertainment, and less an' less true sport. I guess that is what is called 'progress' in todays' world............

Never a doubt in my mind that Seattle would win...

I don't really think the weather had anything to do with the final outcome..it was mostly media hype.

I disagree. The Vikings got to enjoy at least some warming sunshine all of the first half while the Hawks just had a bone chilling cold sideline. Wilson claims his lips froze up which made it hard to bark out the calls in the huddle and when at the LOS. Me? I think his brain froze up for three qtrs.

You should play back the game at CLink. In the first half Newton was 4-12 and had a QB rating of 11. Cary Williams gave the Panthers the go ahead TD by fuckin falling down flat on his face by tripping on his own feet allowing the Carolina receiver a free wide open uncontested TD. Even so we only lost by 4 points. Something like 27-23. That was with Bobby Wagner out and Cam Chancellor playing like he never saw a football in his life..just back off his senseless holdout.

Our Defense is a whole lot better now as is the O-Line. The Hawks have no business going to the game vs Carolina but it is what it is and we will match up very well against them. That's not bragging son..it's just my analysis.

This will be a close game. I'm not giving it to the Vikings, but Vikings had 4 defensive starters out when they lost to the Hawks and Wilson has never played in a game in deep freezer temps. Also, how will Bennets' injured toe react when his foot gets stepped on when the temperature is 3 degrees, and that's the forecasted temp. at kickoff, as it only goes into the minus category at sundown.
This will be a close game.

"Wilson has never played in a game in deep freezer temps."

Neither has Bridgewater. If you want to compare QBs physically the most important feature is the size of the hands to get a spin on a frozen ball. Bridgewater has very small hands for an NFL QB and Wilson has HUGE hands for an NFL QB. Just that one thing will make the difference in ZERO degrees.

As for injuries the Hawks played with many replacements most note able Lynch and graham

Player Position Injury Sunday Status

This is the official injury report preceding the game

Seahawks
Jimmy Graham out

Demarcus Dobbs DE Concussion Out
Jordan Hill DT Toe Out
Marshawn Lynch RB Abdomen Out
Paul Richardson WR Hamstring Out
Marcus Burley CB Ankle Questionable
Will Tukuafu FB Concussion Questionable
Michael Bennett DE Non-Injury Probable
Jeremy Lane CB Knee Probable
Patrick Lewis C Knee Probable
Earl Thomas S Hip Probable

Vikings
Position Injury Sunday Status
Linval Joseph DT Ankle Out
Andrew Sendejo S Knee Out
Anthony Barr LB Hand/Groin Questionable
Harrison Smith S Knee Questionable
Robert Blanton S Ankle Probable
Trae Waynes CB Ankle Probable

It was my observation that Barr played for part of the game.

Told you it would be a close game, Hugs (one pt.! and last time I checked they don't have 1/2 points in the NFL). Anyways, I never picked Seadawgs to lose but took the Vikes and 5 pts. earlier in the week and am 3 c-notes on the plus side.........Vegas, baby........!!!

Now we get to see the heavyweight match between Newton and Russell next week........good stuff! That is why the game is played and the off-season seems sooo terribly long...........

Ya...you were right. I didn't think of all the Seahawk players Wilson would be the one most affected by the extreme cold. His passes were horrible...he had to waste multiple T/O's because he couldn't manage the play clock worth a poop.

I feel sorry for the Vikings...sort of.. I mean they didn't get any TDs so in reality neither team played well enough to win. It took an unexpected gift to settle the outcome.

Never a doubt in my mind that Seattle would win...

I don't really think the weather had anything to do with the final outcome..it was mostly media hype.
Me too before the game but THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST.

Really? You mean you would have bet $2000 Minnesota was going to miss that 28 yard field goal? Liar

Staistically this season there were 191 FGs the same distance or shorter and only two misses. Walsh had a 99% chance of making the chip shot.
You can't re create that pressure in practice. If you've ever played sports you know the feeling.

Ever play tennis? The hardest point to get is game set match.

Staistically this season there were 191 FGs the same distance or shorter and only two misses. Walsh had a 99% chance of making the chip shot.
You can't re create that pressure in practice. If you've ever played sports you know the feeling.

Ever play tennis? The hardest point to get is game set match.

Yes..better than that the best female tennis player in the world sat next to me on the shuttle bus from the hotel on Waikiki to the airport She enlisted me to fix her broken camera. She had dropped it on a sidewalk. I couldn't fix it. We still had a pleasant conversation for about twenty minutes. She's pretty cute for a black chick.

Forum List

Back