Why?

I don't get it. If a white person marries a black person, it is not just the white person marrying outside of their race. At the same exact moment, they are showing a black person marrying outside of their race, too.

There are black gay people all over TV, even in predominantly black shows. Asian female with black male is pretty common and they make gorgeous babies.

Crap. Just noticed this is the Canada section. My comments were US based.
Canada has all the same social issues as the USA does.

We and they are both expat English colonies turned independent republics.

Canucks are more anti gun and pro liberal however due to longer British influence.

But there is little other difference.

I find they are very different. I am married to a Canadian, lived in Vancouver and know both cultures very well.

I don't get it. If a white person marries a black person, it is not just the white person marrying outside of their race. At the same exact moment, they are showing a black person marrying outside of their race, too.

There are black gay people all over TV, even in predominantly black shows. Asian female with black male is pretty common and they make gorgeous babies.

Canucks are more anti gun and pro liberal however due to longer British influence.

I find they are very different. I am married to a Canadian, lived in Vancouver and know both cultures very well.

Canada is pretty much a 51st state. The only difference between us is that Canada uses the metric system where as America uses the imperial system. A imperial system that we once had was taken from Canadians by theTurdeau communist lieberal government back in the 80's, and forced ton Canadians who never asked for that foreign system of measurement.

So, why does Crimestoppers always show white actors portraying crimes that were committed? Why don't they ever use non-whites? Are only white people suppose to be criminals? I don't get it.

So why does big corporations always advertise on TV showing a white girl with a black guy or a white guy with a black women? Why never a black guy with an Asian or or a Latino with an Asian or a black girl/guy? I don't get it.

So, why on TV shows do we only see white homos living and playing together but never see black or Asians or Latinos homos living and playing together? I don't get it.

So, are white people only criminals, homos, and love to mix it up with other races? You tell me? Over.

Sounds like someone is grumpy about their shows.

Got news for you, change the channels sometime and check out shows with some of those scary Black and Asian people and you'll see that there are gays and criminals on them as well.

Ever heard of Fresh Off The Boat? How about Blackish? Matter of fact, you can even find examples of what you say is missing on right wing shows such as Last Man Standing.

I don't watch those kinds of shows other than just seeing them being advertised while watching other shows. And again I never see what you are talking about. So stop with the bull will ya.

Canada is pretty much a 51st state. The only difference between us is that Canada uses the metric system where as America uses the imperial system. A imperial system that we once had was taken from Canadians by theTurdeau communist lieberal government back in the 80's, and forced ton Canadians who never asked for that foreign system of measurement.

Canadians have a completely different mindset/worldview: employer/employee relations, govt/citizen relationship, degree of freedom of speech, gun ownership, etc. Canadians are much more pro-government and much less nationalist. Canadians are very picky about the immigrants they allow in Canada. They are more reserved. They work to preserve their culture rather than the "melting pot" mentality we have; however (being more reserved), are also overall less hostile to their immigrants. Canadian pedestrians are downright crazy, strolling across busy streets. Canadians are more informed about their neighbors' politics vs Americans' "center of the world" mindset. Canadians are more like the Brits than Americans.

There are lots of similarities, don't get me wrong, but there are enough major differences to cause culture-shock when moving between countries.

Canadians have a completely different mindset/worldview: employer/employee relations, govt/citizen relationship, degree of freedom of speech, gun ownership, etc. Canadians are much more pro-government and much less nationalist. Canadians are very picky about the immigrants they allow in Canada. They are more reserved. They work to preserve their culture rather than the "melting pot" mentality we have; however (being more reserved), are also overall less hostile to their immigrants. Canadian pedestrians are downright crazy, strolling across busy streets. Canadians are more informed about their neighbors' politics vs Americans' "center of the world" mindset. Canadians are more like the Brits than Americans.

There are lots of similarities, don't get me wrong, but there are enough major differences to cause culture-shock when moving between countries.

I visit America every year dozens of times and I feel just as home there as here. I see no difference between us.

I visit America every year dozens of times and I feel just as home there as here. I see no difference between us.

It depends on where you visit in the US. Washingtonians are more like Canadians than Texans. Texans are nothing like Canadians. As with all neighboring cultures, the closer you get to the border, the closer the cultures. Most of Canada's population is near the border. It would be fair to say US/Canadian border regions are very similar. Peoples in Blaine, WA and Surrey, BC are similar, I agree. Most of the US population does not live near the border. The further you get from that border, the more differences. To be fair, Texans are very different from Washingtonians, too.

Tresha, Texans are different from just about any other state. I've lived here for a while and have learned some interesting things about Texans, as well as some of the stuff they do for entertainment. Originally I'm from Montana, but I've been here for about 16 years now.

Ever hear of cow patty bingo?

Forum List

Back