Why we should legalize pot?

Prior to passage of the Harrison Act in 1937, which criminalized marijuana, an over-the-counter preparation called Lydia Pinkum's Women's Tonic was sold in drug stores and was used by virtually every post-adolescent woman in America because it was the most effective relief for menstrual discomfort available with or without a prescription. It was made from cannabis (marijuana) extract, licorice oil and honey.

The effect of marijuana on the human organism is best described as a euphoric tranquilizer. In fact there is no more effective tranquilizer available anywhere and it is not addictive nor can one overdose on it. The same cannot be said for Valium or any of its knock-off prescription tranquilizers -- which collectively represents one of the most commonly used and profitable products peddled by the pharmaceutical industry.

If you need evidence of the effectiveness just obtain some good marijuana brownies or tea and when you need a tranquilizer, or when your wife or girl-friend is suffering from the monthly blues, you'll have all the proof you need within a few minutes.

Those are just two very good reasons to legalize marijuana and there are many more. So if you would like to educate yourself on this topic and purge the vestiges of Reefer Madness brainwash from your mind I recommend the following two excellent books:

Marijuana. The Forbidden Medicine. By Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard University.

The Emperor Wears No Clothes. By Jack Herer.

Both are available from Amazon.

For fuck's sake. Cut out the typical pro-marijuana talking points. I don't care if people want to smoke marijuana for recreational uses. I thought Reefer Madness was retarded. I oppose the knuckleheads (like you, apparently) who claim MJ is some magic cure all. That is total bullshit. There isn't a lot of good evidenced based medicine to support the use of THC or MJ for much beyond the indications I've given. As if menstrual cramps were a life threatening illness. Even if they were, motrin works better than MJ.

Other than that, you post; phramacologically speaking, is bullshit. Pot might sedate, but it's not a tranquilizer. Only on Harold and Kumar Go To The White Castle is it ever suggested that it be used to sedate surgery patients.

Valium isn't a first line drug for much of anything short of severe alcohol withdrawal these days.

It's totally possible to point out the "pie in the sky" flaws that the pro-MJ camp so strongly adheres too without being anti-MJ.

People can do what they want too. Just stop acting like your desire to use a drug for recreational use is also strongly supported by any sort of data.

It is not.

Well . . . maybe. I have personally known two people who said that MJ was the only thing that gave them any kind of workable relief from the pain of terminal cancer.

And, as I said earlier, I think it's a perfectly good drug for cancer or people on HAART therapy or any terminal condition.

When you are talking about terminal conditions and palliative care, the issue is no longer the prevention and cure of disease, but to make people as comfortable as possible in their last days.

It's a separate issue. I also (as referenced above) have not problem with people that are on chemo or HAART using it as an appetite stimulant. That makes sense.

I've got a big problem with everybody in their dog in the state of California having a medicinal marijuana script for "anxiety".

For one thing, it's a poor standard of care. Generalized anxiety disorder is best managed with therapy and SSRIs. That being said, I realize that there is no cookie cutter situation for a single health problem. However, "medicinal marijuana" in California has become a mockery and even some of the most ardent supporters have conceded that.

I used to support the notion of Medicinal Marijuana. I now think it's bullshit. So much so, that I wouldn't vote for it in my own state.

Again, I don't care if people want to use it recreationally. I am just sick of people acting like this is some sort of massive effort that is being undertaken with the intent of compassionate care.

It's not.

Yo.......Stupid As Shit........Google "cannabis" and "Alzheimer's" sometime.

Yes, many doctors have stated that cannabis is helpful with slowing down the disease.

"Many Doctors" stated that tobacco wasn't linked to lung cancer for many years. A few Doctors are on record saying they don't believe HIV causes AIDs.

Standard of care isn't based on the opinion of "many doctors". Instead, it's evidence based medicine where there are actual studies and quantitative effects that can be articulated.

Lord, it's almost like Medicine is a science or something!

For the third time in this thread; Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PH.D., Professor (emeritus) of Psychiatric Medicine and Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School.

Yeah, I'll get around to reading that after I get done reading all the legitimate medical texts I have on my shelf. Believe it or not, western medicine is focused on issues of more substance than Marijuana.

We have the choice of believing what this respected and reputable author has to say on the subject or believing what some arrogant, smart-ass medical student posting on the Internet has to say. I've made my choice and I invite everyone else to do the same.

You can believe whatever you want. I respect Dr. Grinspoon's accomplishments. That being said, medical opinion on this matter will be altered by peer reviewed work and not an opinion piece by NORML's "go to" physician.

Don't believe me? That book was published almost 20 years ago. Dr. Grinspoon apprently didn't convince the medical community as the current status quo reflects.

As for you, what I suggest you do is obtain a copy of Dr. Grinspoon's book, read it, then go to his website and tell him who you are and how wrong you think he is. I'm sure he will be grateful to you for affording him the benefit of your expertise and experience.

Hide behind Dr. Grinspoon's credentials if you want. My opinions are my own and based on my own path through the medical field and my opinions are my own. If that offends you or makes you insecure, than so be it. I have no interest in trolling someone's site simply because you are incapable of making your own argument on the matter.

You might also wish to visit NORML's website and peruse some of the compiled information there on the subject of current research on the effectiveness of marijuana in treating a variety of afflictions, including cancer.

Great. When they publish in a peer-reviewed article and I can look at the numbers and methodology, get back to me. As it stands, the research (and I've looked at it) is scant and modest. You seem to think that I oppose this out of some sort of moral issue (obviously as you've completely mischaracterized my position on the matter). I do not. I oppose bad medicine. Claiming the MJ is a magic cure all is bad medicine. If it ever comes to the point in time where evidence based medicine bears it out to be good medicine, I will support it for the proper indications.

It could be you are not as smart, or as infallible, as you obviously think you are.

I could fill a book with my fallacies. That's not the issue here.

Got news for you Dumber than Shit, your references are bullshit, probably put out by DARE or some other bullshit bunch of cons.

Oh yeah.......I was also a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor (DAPA) for the US Navy from 2004 until 2002. It was my job to know about stuff like that.
And yet you've still clearly shown yourself to be clueless on modern pharmaceutical options, medical indications for pharmaceuticals, AND addiction medicine. I won't argue what the responsibilities of your alleged job were, but it's clear to me you didn't meet them based on the things you've been saying so far. Also, 2004 comes after 2002.

ABiker said:
Is pot addictive? Physically? NO. Is it addictive mentally? Possibly, but people are addicted to all sorts of things mentally............other people (codependency), shopping (shopaholics), gambling, etc. etc. etc.

That isn't as much an effect of the substance itself, as it is that the person who is mentally or psychologically addicted is using a behavior or thing (i.e food) to cover up the underlying problem that was already there.
Wait a minute now. In your previous posts you said it wasn't addictive. Now you're saying it can be?! Well, were you completely wrong before or are you completely wrong now? You tell me.

While you figure out how to resolve your blatantly contradictory statements while claiming it was your job to be knowledgeable on this topic, try to avoid continuing to make up psychology. People cannot be addicted to other people. There is a dependent personality disorder, but it's different than addiction. Things that lead to short term gratification creating learned behaviors, such as sex, or gambling like you mentioned, can cause addictive problems. This is a common theme for the subject of the addiction, regardless of the person, so please don't fabricate such ideas that it "isn't much an effect of the substance". It absolutely is. Nonetheless, I'm glad we've now established that marijuana can and is an addictive substance because it creates learned behaviors from instant gratification, can cause substance dependence, and has spurred the growth of marijuana rehab facilities. You see? Truth isn't all that bad.

Meant to say from 1994 until 2002. Mistyped is all.

As far as the psychologically addictive part? If you'd read the whole thing, you would have understood that you can be psychologically addicted to ANYTHING. People, pets, shopping, etc. None cause physical problems, nor are they "addictive" in the physiological sense, it's the mental attitude that goes WITH the thing. Like I said, ever hear of co-dependency?

No. Pot is not addictive in the physiological sense. It causes no physical symptoms when stopped. And, most people don't even have a psychological dependence when they stop. They just stop.

Try again Stupid As Shit. BTW cock smoker, did YOU ever try pot?

I agree pot should be legalized. Anything to prevent the canard that is "Medical Marijuana".

I am more than sick of the banal "let's legalize pot" threads.

I see we have reached out three-a-week quota, replete with all the usual talking points.

If it didn't happen in California, it sure as shit isn't happening anywhere else. The time will come, it just isn't this time. Maybe in the next decade.
Fact is, and I fully support legalizing it, is that the Cali bill was so poorly written and abjectly stupid that I had no choice but to vote against it.

If the bill had been written properly, chances are it would have passed.....The bill was a joke from the get go.

No one is even arguing that point. I don't care about hemp. I just don't want some old pot head making ridiculous claims about legalizing marijuana on a medical or economic basis, because there really isn't any. Current medicine has superior drugs already, so there's no need for marijuana today. It doesn't matter how safe you think it is if it's completely useless compared to better drugs. That's something your article from over a century ago can't exactly take into account. Antibiotics didn't even exist back then, let alone the myriad of drugs we have today. Similarly, legalizing marijuana will not drastically turn around a damaged economy, as we've already pointed out.

You have one and only one argument to make in this topic: you want marijuana legalized because you feel that the decisions you make regarding your own body should be a personal right that cannot be imposed upon by the government. That's it. Pointing to worse legalized substances, or medicine, or the economy are all just childish excuses. Man up and say what the real issue is here. Leave everyone else out of it.

Hemp farmers got the royal shaft in 1937.

Seem you are the one who has only one point to make and that is that anyone who advocate for legalized Hemp/Marijuana is only doing because they're just old pot heads wanting to get high.

However:

Not only does the best scientific research overwhelmingly confirm that cannabis is both an effective medicine and a safe drug, but that it may be both chemo-preventive and therapeutic and generally beneficial to health. What this shows us most clearly, in light of the consensus to the contrary, is the enormous power of a Big Lie.

With its vast resources, the "GovtMedia elite" are able to fabricate and fob off a pharmacological fraud against both cannabis and the public interest. Through sheer repetition and consistent suppression of contrary information, they are able to construct an edifice of public consensus which even the hardest scientific facts fail to topple.

The truth is no stronger than the ability of true information to surpass the public distribution of false and misleading information. The GovtMedia has a greater ability to distribute a Big Lie than any other sector of society has to distribute the truth. However, this report right here contains copious quantities of carefully referenced scientific facts that consistently and conclusively confirm that cannabis is safe --thereby exploding the GovtMedia's Big Lie.

As truth is only as powerful as it is known, do all that is in your power to make these powerful facts known, that we might put an end to the destructive and illogical prohibition of the proven safe and effective drug cannabis, for possession of which 10 million Americans have been arrested since 1965.

Erowid Cannabis Vault : Medical - Cannabis is Safe Medicine

Ad nauseum infinitum. Pot takes away your drive, ambition, and numbs the thought process. Bad huh? NO! Not when your day is over and you WANT to be numbed, dumb, and relaxed. There's also nothing better to put you back to sleep if you wake up in the middle of the night. Like anything, if used properly it is truly beneficial to life. Sure be nice to cop a bag at Wal Mart. Just sayin..

No one is even arguing that point. I don't care about hemp. I just don't want some old pot head making ridiculous claims about legalizing marijuana on a medical or economic basis, because there really isn't any. Current medicine has superior drugs already, so there's no need for marijuana today. It doesn't matter how safe you think it is if it's completely useless compared to better drugs. That's something your article from over a century ago can't exactly take into account. Antibiotics didn't even exist back then, let alone the myriad of drugs we have today. Similarly, legalizing marijuana will not drastically turn around a damaged economy, as we've already pointed out.

You have one and only one argument to make in this topic: you want marijuana legalized because you feel that the decisions you make regarding your own body should be a personal right that cannot be imposed upon by the government. That's it. Pointing to worse legalized substances, or medicine, or the economy are all just childish excuses. Man up and say what the real issue is here. Leave everyone else out of it.
While I agree with you about the 'medical' proponents and pot I cannot agree with the last part here. I do not believe anyone actually believes that it is an economic silver bullet to end all issues but it would have a large impact on the economy if pot were legalized. The largest impact would not be in the taxation but the impact to prison populations and the law enforcement resources that were freed up should pot no longer be an issue. Those ARE far reaching issues that NEED to be addressed by the crowd that wants to keep pot as an illegal substance. There must be a grater negative impact in order to justify the imprisonment and expenditure of those resources

Worse legalized substances are also an issue. If you believe as those that want pot controlled but legalized alcohol as all right then you must believe that government must make a judgment call as to what substances are illegal based on a criteria. It is obvious that whatever criteria pot fails beer would fail also so it is inconsistent to have them with differing level of control. That is another question that illegal pot supporters must come to terms with if they are to support the continued illegalization of pot.
The argument that you point out is the biggest reason why I support the legalization of pot but it is not the only point to be made by a long shot. Even if you believe that the decisions you make about your body and what you put in it is NOT a right there is STILL a damn good argument to legalize pot.

As a side note; I would put fourth that the sheer number of people that are using pot despite the fact it is illegal shows that it most certainly is addictive. I have known many people that are addicted to pot as well. The idea that simply because there are no physiological withdrawal symptoms it is not addictive is ignoring that there are many forms of addiction. Bottom line here is, addictive or not has nothing to do with the legalization of pot.

You know......people are "addicted" to their Blackberries ("Crackberries" anyone?), as well as crap like American Idol and Dancing With the Stars.

Does that mean we should make those things illegal as well? I mean, they're addictive without the physiological symptoms.

For fuck's sake. Cut out the typical pro-marijuana talking points. I don't care if people want to smoke marijuana for recreational uses. I thought Reefer Madness was retarded. I oppose the knuckleheads (like you, apparently) who claim MJ is some magic cure all. That is total bullshit. There isn't a lot of good evidenced based medicine to support the use of THC or MJ for much beyond the indications I've given. As if menstrual cramps were a life threatening illness. Even if they were, motrin works better than MJ.

Other than that, you post; phramacologically speaking, is bullshit. Pot might sedate, but it's not a tranquilizer. Only on Harold and Kumar Go To The White Castle is it ever suggested that it be used to sedate surgery patients.

Valium isn't a first line drug for much of anything short of severe alcohol withdrawal these days.

It's totally possible to point out the "pie in the sky" flaws that the pro-MJ camp so strongly adheres too without being anti-MJ.

People can do what they want too. Just stop acting like your desire to use a drug for recreational use is also strongly supported by any sort of data.

It is not.

Well . . . maybe. I have personally known two people who said that MJ was the only thing that gave them any kind of workable relief from the pain of terminal cancer.

And, as I said earlier, I think it's a perfectly good drug for cancer or people on HAART therapy or any terminal condition.

When you are talking about terminal conditions and palliative care, the issue is no longer the prevention and cure of disease, but to make people as comfortable as possible in their last days.

It's a separate issue. I also (as referenced above) have not problem with people that are on chemo or HAART using it as an appetite stimulant. That makes sense.

I've got a big problem with everybody in their dog in the state of California having a medicinal marijuana script for "anxiety".

For one thing, it's a poor standard of care. Generalized anxiety disorder is best managed with therapy and SSRIs. That being said, I realize that there is no cookie cutter situation for a single health problem. However, "medicinal marijuana" in California has become a mockery and even some of the most ardent supporters have conceded that.

I used to support the notion of Medicinal Marijuana. I now think it's bullshit. So much so, that I wouldn't vote for it in my own state.

Again, I don't care if people want to use it recreationally. I am just sick of people acting like this is some sort of massive effort that is being undertaken with the intent of compassionate care.

It's not.

I see your point.

I see it like this...The government has no business telling anyone they can't smoke weed. So if getting it from a doctor is the only way someone can acquire it and consume it without having to be afraid that a half ounce of weed is going to get them locked up and have a criminal record, then so be it.

It's one less restriction from the government, which is always cool with me.

Lord knows there's plenty of other drugs that you advocate being doctor prescribed, that people are gaming the system to get a hold of.

We had our "Dr. Feelgood" around here just recently get busted. You could get Adderall, Roxicet, Xanax, whatever. This guy would write you a script if you just came in and complained about a symptom.

For everyone of those who actually gets busted, there's plenty who are slipping through the cracks.

You might think that morally, I'm advocating a wrong to remedy a wrong, but my view if I can avoid a government restriction on my personal choice to put something into my body, I'm all for it. Weed won't be killing people and ruining their lives the way opiates are. I lost a friend earlier this year because of an opiate pill addiction, and another really close friend of mine finally just got the help he needed for it and spent 3 months in a rehab facility. On the other hand, everyone I know who just smokes weed is still alive and well.

Learn to post. Oh, and your argument's been made for years. It's a legal issue.

As you can see dirtbag...This is only my 3rd post.
Forgive Cunty. He's one of those brainwashed military assholes but he is a "Jefe" on this foro.
You know the type. Hall monitors that hold their heads high while tattletaleing on those who do "evil".
Welcome to the evil list.:cool:

I see your point.

I see it like this...The government has no business telling anyone they can't smoke weed. So if getting it from a doctor is the only way someone can acquire it and consume it without having to be afraid that a half ounce of weed is going to get them locked up and have a criminal record, then so be it.

It's one less restriction from the government, which is always cool with me.

Lord knows there's plenty of other drugs that you advocate being doctor prescribed, that people are gaming the system to get a hold of.

We had our "Dr. Feelgood" around here just recently get busted. You could get Adderall, Roxicet, Xanax, whatever. This guy would write you a script if you just came in and complained about a symptom.

For everyone of those who actually gets busted, there's plenty who are slipping through the cracks.

You might think that morally, I'm advocating a wrong to remedy a wrong, but my view if I can avoid a government restriction on my personal choice to put something into my body, I'm all for it. Weed won't be killing people and ruining their lives the way opiates are. I lost a friend earlier this year because of an opiate pill addiction, and another really close friend of mine finally just got the help he needed for it and spent 3 months in a rehab facility. On the other hand, everyone I know who just smokes weed is still alive and well.

First off: again, I fully support MJ being 100% legal for people to own, grow, and consume in whatever fashion they choose. Of all the mind altering substances we put into our body, I think it is the most benign. Anyone that disagrees should watch someone go through the DTs and hallucinate for three days from withdrawing from a substance that can be bought legally at every Wal Mart in this country. And withdrawal is about half as hard on the body as alcohol induced hepatitis.

We won't agree and that is fine, but just so you know where I am coming from; your point about it giving citizens a run-around on government regulation is where I part ways with the legalization movement. And California has supported the notion that a large portion of people with Pot scripts are getting the drug for soft pathologies that they probably don't need to medicate for (and if they do, pot is not the best choice). I disagree with it, because it is bad medicine. The current trend in medicine, and why you see two med students on this thread from different institutions saying the same thing, is for treatment to be "evidenced based". In the past, a lot of things were done in medicine because it seemed to make sense or "works on paper". However, when you really look at the data, often times it doesn't and can even be harmful. The one example off the top of my head I can think of is that we no longer use steroids to treat sepsis because it causes more harm than good, contrary to all other notions. So it's not a moral stance. It's a standard of the profession. MJ has not met the scientific litmus test for a fraction of the indications that the pro-MJ claim it has. There might be some promising data, but it always ends up falling on it's face. Contrary to popular belief, it is not because "Big Pharma" is suppressing the evidence (although, Big Pharma has done so in the past on other issues, so they aren't "above" such behavior)

I also don't want to see pot become like narc pills. Patients who are on chronic narcs have a reputation of being the most annoying patients ever and that is not even to mention the "drug seeking patients" who are trying to obtain narcs. Your example of "Dr. Feelgood" is a good example. I am from a small town. Every small town has their "Dr. Feelgood" and that person is not using their license appropriately. Every town has it's pool of junkies who are addicted to narcotic pain pills. They all talk, and they all figure out who is going to get them their fix. Therefore, when a new primary care Doctor comes into town, they often get inundated by these people for office visits. If they figure out that you are going to fill their scripts, those are the only patients you will ever get. If you tell them no, eventually you will have your own patients with real medical problems to treat and you won't turn into a legal drug dealer who is one step away from losing his DEA number.

I am not a fan of narcotic pain pills either, and you won't ever hear me say that the medications we give out, even the ones that have no potential for abuse like lipitor, don't have their own problems.

The government hates people to feel good, plain and simple. If you make alot of money they are sure to take alot, if not all of it away. If there is something we can take or smoke to feel good, they outlaw it. It's always been that way and it PISSES ME OFF.

In 30 days you won't be able to legally buy K2. Why? Because it works, and it can be an alernative to expensive and controlled pharmaceuticals that the govt makes a fortune from. That PISSES ME OFF.

Oh, and if you think the government is acting on behalf of your health you are such a raging moron that you give morons a bad name.

The government hates people to feel good, plain and simple. If you make alot of money they are sure to take alot, if not all of it away. If there is something we can take or smoke to feel good, they outlaw it. It's always been that way and it PISSES ME OFF.

In 30 days you won't be able to legally buy K2. Why? Because it works, and it can be an alernative to expensive and controlled pharmaceuticals that the govt makes a fortune from. That PISSES ME OFF.

Oh, and if you think the government is acting on behalf of your health you are such a raging moron that you give morons a bad name.

This is the typical immature response from the pro-legalization crowd that turns off so many people. Make a persuasive argument and people will listen.

Whining about some non-sense about how the government doesn't want anyone to feel good is absurd.

Alcohol and cigarettes are still legal, after all.

This is the typical immature response from the pro-legalization crowd that turns off so many people. Make a persuasive argument and people will listen.

Whining about some non-sense about how the government doesn't want anyone to feel good is absurd.

Lofty talk coming from an avatar like yours... the underlying meaning of my post is that the government is only interested in the money, not our well-being. They make absurd money off the taxation of cigs and alcohol, and I wil suggest that they must be making more money off pot being illegal than they could by taxing it. I'm not a pro-legalization pundit- I just want the truth. Thank you for the check- I'll be less flippant next time.

Lofty talk coming from an avatar like yours... the underlying meaning of my post is that the government is only interested in the money, not our well-being. They make absurd money off the taxation of cigs and alcohol, and I wil suggest that they must be making more money off pot being illegal than they could by taxing it. I'm not a pro-legalization pundit- I just want the truth. Thank you for the check- I'll be less flippant next time.
You're going to have to substantiate that buddy because illegal pot is an economic drain and in no way a source of income.

You're going to have to substantiate that buddy because illegal pot is an economic drain and in no way a source of income.

its not considered a drain if you are making money through the legal system or enforcement or the prison system.. its considered a bonanza

Hemp was never ment to be illegal in our country...

From: Famous Freedom & Hemp Quotes Cannabis Activist Clothing

“Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!”- George Washington, 1st U.S. President (the “Father of our Country”)

“We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption.”- John Adams, U.S. President

“Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country.”- Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

“Prohibition… goes beyond the bound of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded”- Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

“The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this.”- Albert Einstein

“Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?”- Henry Ford

“In any civilized society, it is every citizen’s responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen’s responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

“Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others… he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”- Robert F. Kennedy, former U.S. Attorney General

“Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed.”- Jimmy Carter, U.S. President

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”- Ronald Reagan, U.S. President

“Congress should definitely consider decriminalizing the possession of marijuana… We should focus on the rapists and burglars who are a menace to society.”- Dan Quayle, Former Vice President

“The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture.”-Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

“When people fear their governments, there is tyranny. When governments fear their people, there is liberty.”- Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

“When even one American, who has done nothing wrong, is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril.”- Harry S. Truman, U.S. President

“And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.” - Genesis 1:12, Holy Bible

“And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.”- Ezekiel 34:29, Holy Bible

True conservatives want the decriminalization of all drugs.
Tobacco is legal and the US government subsidizes smuggling it into dozens of ciuntries to avoid taxation now.
We are the hypocrits of the world as illegal tobacco and illegal pharmeceutical sales dwarf the importation of "illegal" drugs here.
We are a nation addicted to drugs. Decriminalize and put 20% of what we spend locking up pepple for this health problem, as legal drugs are never a crime problem and only a health problem, and watch demand decrease long term by 50% in 20 years.
Drugs are a HEALTH problem.

Forum List

Back