Why we should legalize pot?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by dirkdiggler, Nov 19, 2010.

1. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The legalization of Marijuana could serve as a quick fix to the nation's reeling economy. The state of Calfornia takes in millions of dollars each year largely in part to the taxation of Marijuana. If other states would adopt similiar measures the benfits from taxation would help create jobs and help stimlute the local economy. Most offenders who are arrested for simple possession of Marijuana place a heavy burden on taxpayers, the legal system and law enforcement. Today, many of our prisons are filled with those serving 5 years or more who were arrested for charges relating to Marijuana while those spaces should be reserved for the more hardened and violent criminals. I believe that by decriminalizing Marijuana you will also make a substantial difference in the war on drugs by crippling the drug cartels. I liken it to prohibition and alcohol, once alcohol became legal crime was reduced and it took away a huge monetary resource for the mafia.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Learn to post. Oh, and your argument's been made for years. It's a legal issue.

3. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    It's all about freedom from the nanny state and the Jesus freaks.
    Pot is way less dangerous than beer & cigs, yet you see republicans lining up to support tabacco companies.

4. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As you can see dirtbag...This is only my 3rd post.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330

Every pro-legalization argument has been beaten into horse mush for years. The logic and stats are in its favor. But not much is going to happen at the Fed level as long as the incarceration industry has as much influence as it does now. A lot of jobs and funding would be lost if all weights of weed became completely legal.

6. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    It's only a matter of time, more people voted for legalization than ever before. 15 states now have medical MJ. Even Palin/Paul know we have better things to do with our resources.

The economic boom available would crush the prison industry's contribution. Cali sells more Bud than wine, only a fraction gets taxed.

7. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    Becuase the consequences of the laws harm society more than the effects of marijuana use does.

But that being said.....

There are too many people profiting from it while it is illegal. Not just the supplier but the police departments and the prison industry see marijuana prohibition as a major cash cow. They will not relenquish their cow so easily. They are willing to fighten the fuck out of anyone who will buy their often repeated bullshit propaganda as reported by the so called liberal media.

The greatest cartoon, I think was in Penthouse in the 70's. Two cops were talking to each other after beating the shit out of a bunch of pot smoking hippies. One said to the other:

"I smoked marijuana once, it made me want to rape and kill!"

8. Solace

Solace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yes but beer and cigs already (legally) exist, pot doesn't.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy TRANSFER!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    I smoked pot once and it made me kill my whole family and set my genitals on fire.

...or was that the day my TV was stuck on Lifetime. I can't remember.

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330

Maybe you were watching Lifetime while stoned? I've made that mistake once or twice. Those plot lines are deep and moving when weed is on the brane. :eusa_angel: