Pot is a mild sedative and keeps people from getting “angry”

My doctor recommends that I smoke it when I get depressed.

Have you ever smoked it?
"Mild" sedative? Last time I smoked, which was about twenty years ago, I was stoned on my ass for hours after a couple of hits. It sure does keep you from getting angry--or anything else except vegetatively staring at the wall.
I don't care if people smoke it, but don't pretend it's like melatonin or something.

My son has used it to help him sleep. He claims it works wonders.
Compared to the pills the VA gave me it sure does and it helps with muscle cramps and spasms but it doesn't with woodies. I can't get rid of them.....

If you're having problems with woodies, I suggest trying a different strain, something along a 60 percent or more Indica. Sativas or sativa heavy strains tend to have that effect. Some of them are actual aphrodesiacs and will get you and your partner in the mood rather quickly.

Have you ever smoked it?
"Mild" sedative? Last time I smoked, which was about twenty years ago, I was stoned on my ass for hours after a couple of hits. It sure does keep you from getting angry--or anything else except vegetatively staring at the wall.
I don't care if people smoke it, but don't pretend it's like melatonin or something.

Actually, there are many different strains, and they all have different types of highs. A pure Sativa will give you an energized high and make you want to do things like walk the dog or go to the park. No couch lock at all. A decent hybrid (combination between Sativa and Indica) will combine some of the qualities of both plants, and a pure Indica will put you to sleep. It's why they call Indica "in da couch".

And then, there are the new CBD strains that they are developing. I came across one a while back that was high in CBDs, but low in THC. It was kind of a strange high, because you got the full dose of pain relief and felt really good (even joint and muscle pain), but there was no real head buzz associated with it. If anyone is looking for pain relief without much of a mental fog, smoke one with a high CBD content.

I'm sorry. I am not a pothead like you. Have a nice day! :D

You don't have to be a pothead to be in favor of legalizing. I can't smoke it, my lungs get pissed and I choke. But if I could get an edible strain to help deal with anxiety and depression without getting me high, I'd be all in.

You've heard of Charlotte's Web, CBD for epilepsy?

Have you ever smoked it?

Compared to the pills the VA gave me it sure does and it helps with muscle cramps and spasms but it doesn't with woodies. I can't get rid of them.....

Judging by your sig line, dropping trou might be why you keep getting them!
you'd make a lousy judge, good thing you twas a tar...

Well, at least he's struggling. He's one of the 'young stars' I can see as being ready, 2024 or '28. But I am diametrically opposed to him (and Sessions) on weed.

Next we'll see him as a guest of "Drooling with the Stars" after his response to the SOTU.

I'm sorry you can't discuss policy without attacking the policy maker. Better luck next time.

Have you ever smoked it?

Actually, there are many different strains, and they all have different types of highs. A pure Sativa will give you an energized high and make you want to do things like walk the dog or go to the park. No couch lock at all. A decent hybrid (combination between Sativa and Indica) will combine some of the qualities of both plants, and a pure Indica will put you to sleep. It's why they call Indica "in da couch".

And then, there are the new CBD strains that they are developing. I came across one a while back that was high in CBDs, but low in THC. It was kind of a strange high, because you got the full dose of pain relief and felt really good (even joint and muscle pain), but there was no real head buzz associated with it. If anyone is looking for pain relief without much of a mental fog, smoke one with a high CBD content.

You don't have to be a pothead to be in favor of legalizing. I can't smoke it, my lungs get pissed and I choke. But if I could get an edible strain to help deal with anxiety and depression without getting me high, I'd be all in.

Hey, I've actually smoked a CBD heavy, THC light strain, and while they are EXCELLENT for pain relief, they leave you with a pretty clear head. Kind of an unusual high for someone who is used to regular cannabis.

Interestingly enough, CBD's are getting legalized all over the place. Here in TX CBD's are legal to buy and sell. CBD's will give you all the pain relief without any of the fog that comes from THC heavy strains. And, best of all? They can be bought in pill and gummy forms. I suggest going to your local head shop and checking to see if they have them. You might be able to buy them legally where you are.

Have you ever smoked it?

I support medical marijuana, just like I support certain drugs that are narcotics, but are illegal for recreational use.

Kids in school getting high before they go to class is already enough of a problem as it is. We don't need to make it worse!

Well, at least he's struggling. He's one of the 'young stars' I can see as being ready, 2024 or '28. But I am diametrically opposed to him (and Sessions) on weed.

Next we'll see him as a guest of "Drooling with the Stars" after his response to the SOTU.

I'm sorry you can't discuss policy without attacking the policy maker. Better luck next time.

Regardless of his position on pot, he's an embarrassment, like most liberals!

And that's why nobody will ever seriously debate you.

Have you ever smoked it?

Actually, I was providing information that you might find useful for your son. You said that he uses it for pain relief, and I was simply pointing out that in most strains high in CBD's, they are usually low in THC, which means they don't fog up your head like THC may. If your son doesn't like the feeling of being stoned, I was simply pointing out what the effects of high CBD smoke was and he might be able to use the information.

I do that everytime I'm in a forum where marijuana is being discussed. Why? Because I know I have a lot of information and experience that others might not and am willing to help if I can.

Have a nice day yourself.

I support medical marijuana, just like I support certain drugs that are narcotics, but are illegal for recreational use.

Kids in school getting high before they go to class is already enough of a problem as it is. We don't need to make it worse!

I support full legalization like what they have in CO. Make it legal for people over 21, just like alcohol. And, in order to even just walk into a 420 shop, you have to show them an approved ID.

And yeah, there are going to be kids that will be able to get their hands on some, but they also do that with alcohol.

That's why no one CAN seriously debate me. Liberals walk into battles of wits completely unarmed!

I support full legalization like what they have in CO. Make it legal for people over 21, just like alcohol. And, in order to even just walk into a 420 shop, you have to show them an approved ID.

And yeah, there are going to be kids that will be able to get their hands on some, but they also do that with alcohol.

I do not. Kids will have a ready supply, just like they do for alcohol now.

Have you ever smoked it?

Actually, I was providing information that you might find useful for your son. You said that he uses it for pain relief, and I was simply pointing out that in most strains high in CBD's, they are usually low in THC, which means they don't fog up your head like THC may. If your son doesn't like the feeling of being stoned, I was simply pointing out what the effects of high CBD smoke was and he might be able to use the information.

I do that everytime I'm in a forum where marijuana is being discussed. Why? Because I know I have a lot of information and experience that others might not and am willing to help if I can.

Have a nice day yourself.

Why would I take your advice? Seriously! :D

Joe Kennedy III explains why he’s one of the few Democrats not so hot about pot

Over the past decade, Massachusetts has been one of the states at the forefront of the pro-marijuana movement. But one of the state’s rising political stars is not on board.

“This one is a tough one for me, because my views do not exactly line up with my own state, and it’s something that I’m struggling with,” Rep. Joe Kennedy III said in a podcast interview this week with Vox.com’s Ezra Klein.

Even as he has seen his national profile continue to rise, the 37-year-old Democratic congressman has taken heat from the left over his opposition to marijuana legalization (including for medical purposes), which has become increasingly popular both within his party and across the country. After he was tagged to deliver his party’s response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address in January, pro-marijuana outlets scoured Kennedy’s voting history in the House and found that he was among the few Democratic representatives who consistently voted against even mildly pro-marijuana bills — even measures that many Republicans supported.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) gives Kennedy a D grade, which is tied for the lowest grade among the groups’ scorecard for Massachusetts’ all-Democrat congressional delegation.

“I don’t think marijuana should be legalized,” Kennedy flatly told Boston magazine in 2016, two months before the Massachusetts voters approved a referendum to do just that.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have now moved to legalize recreational marijuana. As Massachusetts nears the full enactment of its voter-approved law, Kennedy says it’s his job to “take a deep breath” — though not necessarily inhale.

“We just gotta be thoughtful about this,” he told Klein. “It’s not something where I wanna get in a position where you kind of rush through, because clearly public opinion is on one side of this and moving pretty hard in one direction.”

Kennedy spokeswoman Emily Kaufman says the congressman thinks the finalized regulations for Massachusetts’ legal marijuana market, which were released this week by the state’s Cannabis Control Commission, are “a step in the right direction” — though he still has some worries.

“He still has public health and safety concerns regarding issues like driving under the influence and adolescent access, which he hopes the state will prioritize as it moves closer to implementation,” Kaufman said.

In his interview with Klein, the congressman cited some of the unintended consequences of decriminalizing and legalizing the drug. Recalling his days working as a state prosecutor when Massachusetts voted in 2008 to decriminalize marijuana, Kennedy said the decision affected the ability of police officers to search and seize other illegal items, such as guns, from vehicles.

“If you smelled [marijuana] in a car, you could search a car,” Kennedy said. “When it became decriminalized, you couldn’t do that.”...

So basically Democrats have nothing to offer but higher taxes, black supremacy, and, if Joe Kennedy gets his way, more searches and seizures via anti-marijuana laws.

Liberal faggots hate the police, yet they worship the liberal faggot politicians who write the laws that give the cops probable cause to pull over/detain/search black people.

Not to worry...haven’t you heard...it’s only doctors, lawyers and positive contributors among society whom are stoners these days. Just ask a LibTard.

In CO, I have talked to many veterans who when they came back from the wars, the VA had them on 10 to 15 pills/day. When CO legalized it for recreational purposes, a lot of veterans decided to see if marijuana helped with their PTSD and other problems. Most of them that I talked to were able to get down to just 1 or 2 pills/day, and some were able to wean themselves off completely.

They told me that one of the biggest benefits of doing that was that they no longer had the nasty side effects from the prescription medication, because marijuana has no lasting physical side effects.

A whole other topic...PTSD is made up, fabricated bullshit.
The impact a drug has on a mental patient is mostly due to patient perception. Nothing more.

I have seen it in numerous people I have been in close contact with, including my own son. Why don't you just STFU?

My sympathies for your circumstance with your son. I have a step grandson who is a marijuana addict. He has lost everything due to his addiction. He lost not only his job, but a career that he worked for 20 years to get. He lost his wife, his home. He's now driving for Grubhub and living with his mother and my son. I won't speak to him. If it was up to me, I would throw him out on the street. Choose, pot or everything else.

That's why no one CAN seriously debate me. Liberals walk into battles of wits completely unarmed!

okay, you're almost adorable.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

Joe Kennedy III explains why he’s one of the few Democrats not so hot about pot

Over the past decade, Massachusetts has been one of the states at the forefront of the pro-marijuana movement. But one of the state’s rising political stars is not on board.

“This one is a tough one for me, because my views do not exactly line up with my own state, and it’s something that I’m struggling with,” Rep. Joe Kennedy III said in a podcast interview this week with Vox.com’s Ezra Klein.

Even as he has seen his national profile continue to rise, the 37-year-old Democratic congressman has taken heat from the left over his opposition to marijuana legalization (including for medical purposes), which has become increasingly popular both within his party and across the country. After he was tagged to deliver his party’s response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address in January, pro-marijuana outlets scoured Kennedy’s voting history in the House and found that he was among the few Democratic representatives who consistently voted against even mildly pro-marijuana bills — even measures that many Republicans supported.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) gives Kennedy a D grade, which is tied for the lowest grade among the groups’ scorecard for Massachusetts’ all-Democrat congressional delegation.

“I don’t think marijuana should be legalized,” Kennedy flatly told Boston magazine in 2016, two months before the Massachusetts voters approved a referendum to do just that.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have now moved to legalize recreational marijuana. As Massachusetts nears the full enactment of its voter-approved law, Kennedy says it’s his job to “take a deep breath” — though not necessarily inhale.

“We just gotta be thoughtful about this,” he told Klein. “It’s not something where I wanna get in a position where you kind of rush through, because clearly public opinion is on one side of this and moving pretty hard in one direction.”

Kennedy spokeswoman Emily Kaufman says the congressman thinks the finalized regulations for Massachusetts’ legal marijuana market, which were released this week by the state’s Cannabis Control Commission, are “a step in the right direction” — though he still has some worries.

“He still has public health and safety concerns regarding issues like driving under the influence and adolescent access, which he hopes the state will prioritize as it moves closer to implementation,” Kaufman said.

In his interview with Klein, the congressman cited some of the unintended consequences of decriminalizing and legalizing the drug. Recalling his days working as a state prosecutor when Massachusetts voted in 2008 to decriminalize marijuana, Kennedy said the decision affected the ability of police officers to search and seize other illegal items, such as guns, from vehicles.

“If you smelled [marijuana] in a car, you could search a car,” Kennedy said. “When it became decriminalized, you couldn’t do that.”...

So basically Democrats have nothing to offer but higher taxes, black supremacy, and, if Joe Kennedy gets his way, more searches and seizures via anti-marijuana laws.

Liberal faggots hate the police, yet they worship the liberal faggot politicians who write the laws that give the cops probable cause to pull over/detain/search black people.

Not to worry...haven’t you heard...it’s only doctors, lawyers and positive contributors among society whom are stoners these days. Just ask a LibTard.

In CO, I have talked to many veterans who when they came back from the wars, the VA had them on 10 to 15 pills/day. When CO legalized it for recreational purposes, a lot of veterans decided to see if marijuana helped with their PTSD and other problems. Most of them that I talked to were able to get down to just 1 or 2 pills/day, and some were able to wean themselves off completely.

They told me that one of the biggest benefits of doing that was that they no longer had the nasty side effects from the prescription medication, because marijuana has no lasting physical side effects.

The impact a drug has on a mental patient is mostly due to patient perception. Nothing more.

I have seen it in numerous people I have been in close contact with, including my own son. Why don't you just STFU?

My sympathies for your circumstance with your son. I have a step grandson who is a marijuana addict. He has lost everything due to his addiction. He lost not only his job, but a career that he worked for 20 years to get. He lost his wife, his home. He's now driving for Grubhub and living with his mother and my son. I won't speak to him. If it was up to me, I would throw him out on the street. Choose, pot or everything else.

Thank you! Added to his difficulties, he was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer and is undergoing chemo. He is in bad shape and having him 3/4ths of the way across the country doesn't make it any easier for me to help.

Thank you! Added to his difficulties, he was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer and is undergoing chemo. He is in bad shape and having him 3/4ths of the way across the country doesn't make it any easier for me to help.

Dammit, there goes my heart.

How is he doing in the battle? Was it caught early enough?

Forum List

Back