Next we'll see him as a guest of "Drooling with the Stars" after his response to the SOTU.

I'm sorry you can't discuss policy without attacking the policy maker. Better luck next time.

Regardless of his position on pot, he's an embarrassment, like most liberals!

And that's why nobody will ever seriously debate you.

That's why no one CAN seriously debate me. Liberals walk into battles of wits completely unarmed!

okay, you're almost adorable.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

It is Sunday, but it is getting dark outside, starting to sleet and snow, plus the wind is blowing about 30 mph.

By that, I probably don't look too adorable anyway.

I'm sorry you can't discuss policy without attacking the policy maker. Better luck next time.

That's why no one CAN seriously debate me. Liberals walk into battles of wits completely unarmed!

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

It is Sunday, but it is getting dark outside, starting to sleet and snow, plus the wind is blowing about 30 mph.

Well stay inside then! Everybody looks good by firelight and beer goggles.

Or so I've been told. I hate beer.

In CO, I have talked to many veterans who when they came back from the wars, the VA had them on 10 to 15 pills/day. When CO legalized it for recreational purposes, a lot of veterans decided to see if marijuana helped with their PTSD and other problems. Most of them that I talked to were able to get down to just 1 or 2 pills/day, and some were able to wean themselves off completely.

They told me that one of the biggest benefits of doing that was that they no longer had the nasty side effects from the prescription medication, because marijuana has no lasting physical side effects.

A whole other topic...PTSD is made up, fabricated bullshit.
The impact a drug has on a mental patient is mostly due to patient perception. Nothing more.

I have seen it in numerous people I have been in close contact with, including my own son. Why don't you just STFU?

My sympathies for your circumstance with your son. I have a step grandson who is a marijuana addict. He has lost everything due to his addiction. He lost not only his job, but a career that he worked for 20 years to get. He lost his wife, his home. He's now driving for Grubhub and living with his mother and my son. I won't speak to him. If it was up to me, I would throw him out on the street. Choose, pot or everything else.

Thank you! Added to his difficulties, he was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer and is undergoing chemo. He is in bad shape and having him 3/4ths of the way across the country doesn't make it any easier for me to help.

Dammit, there goes my heart.

How is he doing in the battle? Was it caught early enough?

It had spread to a few lymph nodes in his groin, but his doctor says that he has never had a patient that did not come out of chemo completely clean. It's nice having a doctor who can say he has never lost a patient to that type of cancer. He starts week 2 of chemo tomorrow. He is handling it OK, but describes it like being pregnant and having menopause at the same time. His wife is a surrogate mother, so she can attest to the pregnancy part. He may have talked to mother and his mother-in-law for the menopause part. He mentioned it to his nurse who told him that other patients described it the same way.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

I never could wrap myself around beer either. To me it tastes what I imagine horse piss would taste like.

A whole other topic...PTSD is made up, fabricated bullshit.
The impact a drug has on a mental patient is mostly due to patient perception. Nothing more.

I have seen it in numerous people I have been in close contact with, including my own son. Why don't you just STFU?

My sympathies for your circumstance with your son. I have a step grandson who is a marijuana addict. He has lost everything due to his addiction. He lost not only his job, but a career that he worked for 20 years to get. He lost his wife, his home. He's now driving for Grubhub and living with his mother and my son. I won't speak to him. If it was up to me, I would throw him out on the street. Choose, pot or everything else.

Thank you! Added to his difficulties, he was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer and is undergoing chemo. He is in bad shape and having him 3/4ths of the way across the country doesn't make it any easier for me to help.

Dammit, there goes my heart.

How is he doing in the battle? Was it caught early enough?

It had spread to a few lymph nodes in his groin, but his doctor says that he has never had a patient that did not come out of chemo completely clean. It's nice having a doctor who can say he has never lost a patient to that type of cancer. He starts week 2 of chemo tomorrow. He is handling it OK, but describes it like being pregnant and having menopause at the same time. His wife is a surrogate mother, so she can attest to the pregnancy part. He may have talked to mother and his mother-in-law for the menopause part. He mentioned it to his nurse who told him that other patients described it the same way.

That is good news, all except the part where his body is going through hell.

I'd be grumpy too if I was across the country from my daughter (also known as my baby girl, and forevermore shall she be known, yea and even if she does have three offspring of her own) at a time like this.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

I never could wrap myself around beer either. To me it tastes what I imagine horse piss would taste like.

I do sometimes wonder though, if that's the fault of American beer. I once had a dark ale that tasted like apples. I didn't choke (high praise from a non-beer drinker.)

A friend phrased it well, in that "I just can't get past the smell." Back in the day, I'd practically plug my nose to get a beer down, because that's all there was to drink in the beer hut (duh.) I was at summer camp before they started making summer camp "dry field," and that's probably our fault because we were all drunks, all the time.

In fact, I got out of the guards after six years because I had said baby girl, and I could not go to drill and not get drunk. So I stopped going to drill.

I still sometimes dream about summer camp, and it's been several decades.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

I do sometimes wonder though, if that's the fault of American beer. I once had a dark ale that tasted like apples. I didn't choke (high praise from a non-beer drinker.)

A friend phrased it well, in that "I just can't get past the smell." Back in the day, I'd practically plug my nose to get a beer down, because that's all there was to drink in the beer hut (duh.) I was at summer camp before they started making summer camp "dry field," and that's probably our fault because we were all drunks, all the time.

In fact, I got out of the guards after six years because I had said baby girl, and I could not go to drill and not get drunk. So I stopped going to drill.

If you liked the dark ale that tasted like apples, I have a suggestion for a beer to try...................Dr. Smith's Chocolate Ale. It's a dark ale that tastes like chocolate. It's so damn good, you almost want to make a chocolate float with some ice cream.

You could have a brownie, instead. Lasts longer, too.

I have never tried a "brownie" before. It is not something you can get at a street corner, at least not in my town.
Sorry. We're spoiled here. Have had legalized medicinal marijuana for years and they say there is a doctor who will write you a script, basically no questions asked, for $250. We have also voted in recreational pot via referendum, but the legislature doesn't like it and has been dragging its feet for over a year.

Sometimes.

In the right light.

Say, on a Sunday.

If you liked the dark ale that tasted like apples, I have a suggestion for a beer to try...................Dr. Smith's Chocolate Ale. It's a dark ale that tastes like chocolate. It's so damn good, you almost want to make a chocolate float with some ice cream.
Speaking of which, try a cider float some time. Just plain old good cloudy real cider, ice cold, with a brush of cinnamon and a big scoop of vanilla icecream.

Pot is a mild sedative and keeps people from getting “angry”

My doctor recommends that I smoke it when I get depressed.

Have you ever smoked it?
"Mild" sedative? Last time I smoked, which was about twenty years ago, I was stoned on my ass for hours after a couple of hits. It sure does keep you from getting angry--or anything else except vegetatively staring at the wall.
I don't care if people smoke it, but don't pretend it's like melatonin or something.

Sounds like you got ahold of a really good Indica. If you don't want to have the couch lock that is associated with Indicas, try a straight Sativa strain, or something that is Sativa heavy in the 70 to 80 percent range.

Satvias are an energized high. Yes, you have brain and body buzz, but you don't feel like just sitting around, but rather feel like going and doing stuff.
That's the kind of high I used to enjoy when I was young and did those things. Loved concerts, coffee houses, museums, days partying on the mountain with friends.

Forum List

Back