AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Joe Kennedy III explains why he’s one of the few Democrats not so hot about pot

Over the past decade, Massachusetts has been one of the states at the forefront of the pro-marijuana movement. But one of the state’s rising political stars is not on board.

“This one is a tough one for me, because my views do not exactly line up with my own state, and it’s something that I’m struggling with,” Rep. Joe Kennedy III said in a podcast interview this week with Vox.com’s Ezra Klein.

Even as he has seen his national profile continue to rise, the 37-year-old Democratic congressman has taken heat from the left over his opposition to marijuana legalization (including for medical purposes), which has become increasingly popular both within his party and across the country. After he was tagged to deliver his party’s response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address in January, pro-marijuana outlets scoured Kennedy’s voting history in the House and found that he was among the few Democratic representatives who consistently voted against even mildly pro-marijuana bills — even measures that many Republicans supported.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) gives Kennedy a D grade, which is tied for the lowest grade among the groups’ scorecard for Massachusetts’ all-Democrat congressional delegation.

“I don’t think marijuana should be legalized,” Kennedy flatly told Boston magazine in 2016, two months before the Massachusetts voters approved a referendum to do just that.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have now moved to legalize recreational marijuana. As Massachusetts nears the full enactment of its voter-approved law, Kennedy says it’s his job to “take a deep breath” — though not necessarily inhale.

“We just gotta be thoughtful about this,” he told Klein. “It’s not something where I wanna get in a position where you kind of rush through, because clearly public opinion is on one side of this and moving pretty hard in one direction.”

Kennedy spokeswoman Emily Kaufman says the congressman thinks the finalized regulations for Massachusetts’ legal marijuana market, which were released this week by the state’s Cannabis Control Commission, are “a step in the right direction” — though he still has some worries.

“He still has public health and safety concerns regarding issues like driving under the influence and adolescent access, which he hopes the state will prioritize as it moves closer to implementation,” Kaufman said.

In his interview with Klein, the congressman cited some of the unintended consequences of decriminalizing and legalizing the drug. Recalling his days working as a state prosecutor when Massachusetts voted in 2008 to decriminalize marijuana, Kennedy said the decision affected the ability of police officers to search and seize other illegal items, such as guns, from vehicles.

“If you smelled [marijuana] in a car, you could search a car,” Kennedy said. “When it became decriminalized, you couldn’t do that.”...

So basically Democrats have nothing to offer but higher taxes, black supremacy, and, if Joe Kennedy gets his way, more searches and seizures via anti-marijuana laws.

Liberal faggots hate the police, yet they worship the liberal faggot politicians who write the laws that give the cops probable cause to pull over/detain/search black people.

Bullshit thread since the racist garden gnome Jeff Sessions has a war on pot going as we speak

Well, there still may be a few holdouts who want to keep marijuana illegal, but there are many voices coming out in favor of it. Especially some veterans groups, they want to be able to let vets with PTSD use it.

And...................like I've said before................the year that CO legalized it for recreational use, their opiate overdose rates went down by 25 percent and have continued to drop since. You want a solution for the opiate crisis? Legalize marijuana. Opiates are highly physically addictive. Marijuana isn't.

Pot is a mild sedative and keeps people from getting “angry”

My doctor recommends that I smoke it when I get depressed.

Have you ever smoked it?

Have you ever smoked it?
Does your doctor smoke it?

I have never smoked it. The thought of smoking anything is disgusting to me.

Have you ever smoked it?
"Mild" sedative? Last time I smoked, which was about twenty years ago, I was stoned on my ass for hours after a couple of hits. It sure does keep you from getting angry--or anything else except vegetatively staring at the wall.
I don't care if people smoke it, but don't pretend it's like melatonin or something.

Have you ever smoked it?

As far as I know, my doctor has not smoked it. But he has observed my actions while stoned. From this he made his suggestion.

Personally I cannot get "angry" when stoned. This could be just a personal thing and not apply to others.
Has anyone here smoked pot?

Have you ever smoked it?

You didn't address any specific person, so I'll answer it...............

Yes. The last 8 years of my Naval career, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor (DAPA), and all the stuff the military gave me didn't explain why marijuana was illegal. Alcohol had a lot worse effect on the body. So, when I retired from the Navy, I did some research for a few months to see what the harm was, and then, did the ultimate experience and tried it for myself.

Been 420 friendly ever since.

I also have seen the effects help various people. One of my neighbors has a joint disease that makes it really hard for him to get around. He smokes a little, and he can get through his day quite nicely. My roomie uses it for pain management because she says it works better for her than prescription pain pills and she doesn't have all the side effects that prescriptions can give.

And..............like I said..................if they are really interested in solving the opiate addiction problem, legalization of marijuana would go a long way towards helping out, because CO has had their rates of opiate overdoses continue to drop ever since they legalized it for recreational purposes.

Have you ever smoked it?
"Mild" sedative? Last time I smoked, which was about twenty years ago, I was stoned on my ass for hours after a couple of hits. It sure does keep you from getting angry--or anything else except vegetatively staring at the wall.
I don't care if people smoke it, but don't pretend it's like melatonin or something.

Sounds like you got ahold of a really good Indica. If you don't want to have the couch lock that is associated with Indicas, try a straight Sativa strain, or something that is Sativa heavy in the 70 to 80 percent range.

Satvias are an energized high. Yes, you have brain and body buzz, but you don't feel like just sitting around, but rather feel like going and doing stuff.

Have you ever smoked it?

As far as I know, my doctor has not smoked it. But he has observed my actions while stoned. From this he made his suggestion.

Personally I cannot get "angry" when stoned. This could be just a personal thing and not apply to others.
Has anyone here smoked pot?
I suspect he does. Probably would be unwise for him to tell his patients.

You could have a brownie, instead. Lasts longer, too.

I have never tried a "brownie" before. It is not something you can get at a street corner, at least not in my town.

Actually, there are instructions readily available on the 'net that tell you how to make cannabis butter yourself. Make some butter, and use that butter to make some brownies yourself.

Over the past decade, Massachusetts has been one of the states at the forefront of the pro-marijuana movement. But one of the state’s rising political stars is not on board.

“This one is a tough one for me, because my views do not exactly line up with my own state, and it’s something that I’m struggling with,” Rep. Joe Kennedy III said in a podcast interview this week with Vox.com’s Ezra Klein.

Even as he has seen his national profile continue to rise, the 37-year-old Democratic congressman has taken heat from the left over his opposition to marijuana legalization (including for medical purposes), which has become increasingly popular both within his party and across the country. After he was tagged to deliver his party’s response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address in January, pro-marijuana outlets scoured Kennedy’s voting history in the House and found that he was among the few Democratic representatives who consistently voted against even mildly pro-marijuana bills — even measures that many Republicans supported.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) gives Kennedy a D grade, which is tied for the lowest grade among the groups’ scorecard for Massachusetts’ all-Democrat congressional delegation.

“I don’t think marijuana should be legalized,” Kennedy flatly told Boston magazine in 2016, two months before the Massachusetts voters approved a referendum to do just that.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have now moved to legalize recreational marijuana. As Massachusetts nears the full enactment of its voter-approved law, Kennedy says it’s his job to “take a deep breath” — though not necessarily inhale.

“We just gotta be thoughtful about this,” he told Klein. “It’s not something where I wanna get in a position where you kind of rush through, because clearly public opinion is on one side of this and moving pretty hard in one direction.”

Kennedy spokeswoman Emily Kaufman says the congressman thinks the finalized regulations for Massachusetts’ legal marijuana market, which were released this week by the state’s Cannabis Control Commission, are “a step in the right direction” — though he still has some worries.

“He still has public health and safety concerns regarding issues like driving under the influence and adolescent access, which he hopes the state will prioritize as it moves closer to implementation,” Kaufman said.

In his interview with Klein, the congressman cited some of the unintended consequences of decriminalizing and legalizing the drug. Recalling his days working as a state prosecutor when Massachusetts voted in 2008 to decriminalize marijuana, Kennedy said the decision affected the ability of police officers to search and seize other illegal items, such as guns, from vehicles.

“If you smelled [marijuana] in a car, you could search a car,” Kennedy said. “When it became decriminalized, you couldn’t do that.”...

So basically Democrats have nothing to offer but higher taxes, black supremacy, and, if Joe Kennedy gets his way, more searches and seizures via anti-marijuana laws.

Liberal faggots hate the police, yet they worship the liberal faggot politicians who write the laws that give the cops probable cause to pull over/detain/search black people.

Not to worry...haven’t you heard...it’s only doctors, lawyers and positive contributors among society whom are stoners these days. Just ask a LibTard.

Not to worry...haven’t you heard...it’s only doctors, lawyers and positive contributors among society whom are stoners these days. Just ask a LibTard.

In CO, I have talked to many veterans who when they came back from the wars, the VA had them on 10 to 15 pills/day. When CO legalized it for recreational purposes, a lot of veterans decided to see if marijuana helped with their PTSD and other problems. Most of them that I talked to were able to get down to just 1 or 2 pills/day, and some were able to wean themselves off completely.

They told me that one of the biggest benefits of doing that was that they no longer had the nasty side effects from the prescription medication, because marijuana has no lasting physical side effects.

Bullshit thread since the racist garden gnome Jeff Sessions has a war on pot going as we speak
Your logical fallacies are:
Red Herring
Ad Hominem
How is that a fallacy?
Did you learn a new word this week so you tried to ( incorrectly) use it here?
Sessions doesn’t have a war on pot ( and all drugs) ?????
Really?
Show your evidence or shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back