Zone1 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞

Maybe in part because of shit like this: HE'S BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!

Stop demanding God to do something for you. Stop demanding from God.

I have been in some pretty dark days. Days where I could see no way past the awfulness. The more I prayed (demanded) the worse it got. At that point only one prayer will work "thy will be done". Step back. Sit down and shut up.

"I only talk to God when I need a favor and I only pray when I ain't got a prayer."

Jelly Roll

How could you possibly know what we're going through and since when did you even believe in God?
Before the 2016 election, i was wondering also how God would allow such crap to happen with 8 years of the brown turd Obammy and his at the time worst economy ever, beating out Jimmy the peanut Carter. Then on the way to a patriotic event, this happened. Signs are all over the place, just have to get ready for the rapture...

1703616599572.png

Stop demanding God to do something for you. Stop demanding from God.

I have been in some pretty dark days. Days where I could see no way past the awfulness. The more I prayed (demanded) the worse it got. At that point only one prayer will work "thy will be done". Step back. Sit down and shut up.
Is that good advice for others to give up on prayer? You seem to be assuming that the prayers of others are demands.

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞

God is punishing you for supporting Trump

Maybe if you mend your ways and become more Woke, God will listen to you

Read your Bible and tell me who does not suffer?

Most human beings obviously do not believe in God.

Just look at how most human beings act every day.

They are not afraid of doing bad things to other human beings (or to animals).

They do not really believe in God or Heaven or Hell.

So we have all the violent crime and all the white-collar crime and all the wars.

We are born, we suffer, and we die.
So, if there is no God, then there is no real justice.

All life is, is a power grab by oppressive power hungry Leftists.

So, if there is no God, then there is no real justice.

All life is, is a power grab by oppressive power hungry Leftists.
Of course, there is no real justice.

Look at all the violent criminals who receive at most a slap on the wrist. To heck with their victims.

Look at all the white-collar criminals. They are rarely punished. They cause untold grief to their victims.

Look at those "leaders" who are at this very second conducting horrific wars.

This life is a time to come to know both good and evil. By doing so we become more like God. When Adam and Eve experienced the fall in the Garden of Eden, they gained the ability to learn between good and evil. This made them to become more like God.

Genesis 3;22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Part of the purpose of this life is to experience both good and evil. We experience the evil so that we might appreciate the good and be thankful for it. We should learn from the experiences of this life to become more like our Father in Heaven. RoadRunner, God loves you. This life experience is to give you a greater chance to become more like Him. Some of our experiences are hard and trying. Be patient and continue to call on Him and He will bless you. Learn from your experiences. I am often grateful for some of the hardships in my life because they have taught me to be stronger and given me more knowledge and experience of good and evil. Have patients and be long suffering and God will eventually bless you in your trials.

Of course, there is no real justice.

Look at all the violent criminals who receive at most a slap on the wrist. To heck with their victims.

Look at all the white-collar criminals. They are rarely punished. They cause untold grief to their victims.

Look at those "leaders" who are at this very second conducting horrific wars.
If this is the only life, then there is no justice
But if there is an after life, there can be.

This life is a time to come to know both good and evil. By doing so we become more like God. When Adam and Eve experienced the fall in the Garden of Eden, they gained the ability to learn between good and evil. This made them to become more like God.

About 6000 years ago according to the bibles.

The Catholic church fixed this issue when they took Darwinian evolution into their belief system.

If this is the only life, then there is no justice
But if there is an after life, there can be.
The 'heaven' invention is all about earlier humans not being able to escape from human misery and suffering. Now and in only the last 50 years of so, humans don't need to suffer either physically or mentally, and so not near as much need for the 'heaven' invention.

Instead of praying to a god that never helps, take a few pills. The doctor usually doesn't purposely ignore suffering, but does expect big money in America for the fix..

Last edited:
Good Timber’ by Douglas Malloch

The tree that never had to fight

For sun and sky and air and light,

But stood out in the open plain

And always got its share of rain,

Never became a forest king

But lived and died a scrubby thing.

The man who never had to toil

To gain and farm his patch of soil,

Who never had to win his share

Of sun and sky and light and air,

Never became a manly man

But lived and died as he began.

Good timber does not grow with ease,

The stronger wind, the stronger trees,

The further sky, the greater length,

The more the storm, the more the strength.

By sun and cold, by rain and snow,

In trees and men good timbers grow.

Where thickest lies the forest growth

We find the patriarchs of them both.

And they hold counsel with the stars

Whose broken branches show the scars

Of many winds and of much strife.

This is the common law of life.

Forum List

Back