why do you sin/free will

We can sin because Jesus already paid that bill by dying on the cross for our sins.

Do you mind if I test that?

no.

What is this hell you speak of?

It is that space between your ears where you think that God is edible, you are a sinner, the end is near, idolatry is the way to eternal life, you keep embarrassing yourself, Jesus is coming, ANY MINUTE, and still not a single word of encouragement from the sky.

Who are the dead you speak of?

They are those unfortunate souls who drank the kool-aid and worship the work of human hands, eat Jesus, pray to mecca, meditate on nothingness day and night, became republican, whatever,.

How do they rise from the dead into life?

They have to stop drinking the kool-aid, get out of their death beds, stand up and walk upright like a living human being.

What is this hidden message the frees everyone?

Please try to provide clear and unambiguous explanations so that I may better understand what you are saying. Because I believe what you are saying is that man should follow no religion at all.

The words used in the book of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

What religion is necessary? Read it and lean and then act on the information you gain from comprehending the lessons of the past. There is no need for rituals, prayers, liturgy, special diets and clothing. You don't need to go to a church or a synagogue, a temple, mosque. You don't need to make a or holy pilgrimage. You don't have to join a club or learn a secret handshake.

You don't need an intermediary between what was written and your own brain to grasp the teaching intended to be understood by iron age children.

All you need is to have a functioning brain whose imagination is constrained by reality and honest and can think deeply. You don't have to go anywhere. You can even do it in secret.

Just think, learn, and live accordingly.
So it is exactly as I thought you are against organized religion. You condemn respect for people who follow a religion.

We can sin because Jesus already paid that bill by dying on the cross for our sins.
I can only pray that others do not read what you write and believe it.

No. It isn’t that simple. That’s just how you see it to justify your beliefs.

no.

It is that space between your ears where you think that God is edible, you are a sinner, the end is near, idolatry is the way to eternal life, you keep embarrassing yourself, Jesus is coming, ANY MINUTE, and still not a single word of encouragement from the sky.

They are those unfortunate souls who drank the kool-aid and worship the work of human hands, eat Jesus, pray to mecca, meditate on nothingness day and night, became republican, whatever,.

They have to stop drinking the kool-aid, get out of their death beds, stand up and walk upright like a living human being.

Please try to provide clear and unambiguous explanations so that I may better understand what you are saying. Because I believe what you are saying is that man should follow no religion at all.

What religion is necessary? Read it and lean and then act on the information you gain from comprehending the lessons of the past. There is no need for rituals, prayers, liturgy, special diets and clothing. You don't need to go to a church or a synagogue, a temple, mosque. You don't need to make a or holy pilgrimage. You don't have to join a club or learn a secret handshake.

You don't need an intermediary between what was written and your own brain to grasp the teaching intended to be understood by iron age children.

All you need is to have a functioning brain whose imagination is constrained by reality and honest and can think deeply. You don't have to go anywhere. You can even do it in secret.

So it is exactly as I thought you are against organized religion. You condemn respect for people who follow a religion.

I am not against anything. I am for the truth.

It says so in the bible. Did you fail English class?

Xtanity stole much of its theology from Judaism. You don’t know what the OT is, right?
Stole? Technically, stole means that it was taken, and Jews no longer have it--which is certainly not the case. In its beginnings, Christianity was simply another sect of Judaism...but one that was open and welcoming to all. Judaism was not stolen, it is the very root of Christianity. Jesus' genealogy specifically names Rahab; you might rightly call Christianity the harlot's child of Judaism, and like Jephthah, son of another harlot, we respond to our brother's call when they are in need. Like Jephthah and his brothers, fights raged between Judaism and Christianity as well.

Christianity as a sect of Judaism is playing with definitions. Much of the core theology is different and doesn’t account for various sects and subdivisions that Christianity has splintered into.
Judaism has splintered into various sects too. Christianity is one of them.

The interesting thing is you criticize Christianity for diversifying but you don’t see anything wrong with Judaism diversifying.

Christianity as a sect of Judaism is playing with definitions. Much of the core theology is different and doesn’t account for various sects and subdivisions that Christianity has splintered into.
I was speaking of its origins. I have heard that some Christian sects today don't even both reading the Old Testament. On the other hand, it has always been Catholic practice to read from both the Old and New Testaments during Mass. The main difference in theology is that Christians believe there is one God, and He alone is who we worship. Jews maintain that Christians worship a man, and they abhor that.

If sinning isn't ok, then why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to sinners? It seems like it doesn't matter whether you sin or not.

Xtanity stole much of its theology from Judaism. You don’t know what the OT is, right?
Stole? Technically, stole means that it was taken, and Jews no longer have it--which is certainly not the case. In its beginnings, Christianity was simply another sect of Judaism...but one that was open and welcoming to all. Judaism was not stolen, it is the very root of Christianity. Jesus' genealogy specifically names Rahab; you might rightly call Christianity the harlot's child of Judaism, and like Jephthah, son of another harlot, we respond to our brother's call when they are in need. Like Jephthah and his brothers, fights raged between Judaism and Christianity as well.

The interesting thing is you criticize Christianity for diversifying but you don’t see anything wrong with Judaism diversifying.
There is nothing Jewish at all about Christian beliefs in a three in one mangod.

No. I didn’t fail English. I think you will be hard pressed to show me where it says what you say it says in the Bible.

There is nothing Jewish at all about Christian beliefs in a three in one mangod.
You mean other than Jesus was a Jew and all of his apostles were Jews and he ministered to the Jews?

no.

And the truth is that the bible is like a big treasure book with big Xs to mark the spots where god has hidden his wisdom. Is that pretty close? ;biggrin:

If sinning isn't ok, then why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to sinners? It seems like it doesn't matter whether you sin or not.
So that good can come from it.

no.

And the truth is that the bible is like a big treasure book with big Xs to mark the spots where god has hidden his wisdom. Is that pretty close? ;biggrin:

Right.. Pretty close.

"I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord."

Have you fallen down and bumped your head again? Judaism existed long before Christianity.

No. I didn’t fail English. I think you will be hard pressed to show me where it says what you say it says in the Bible.
Pay attention, this is how you post a real relevant link.

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 4:25 - New International Version

Forum List

Back