why do you sin/free will

You worship a human being as if he was God. That is idolatry. I'm not making anything up. You openly profess this belief. Are you lying? You also bear false witness, commit adultery, perjure yourself in the name of God and eat the flesh of serpents and unclean creatures as if it was a holy obligation. Did you never read the commandments. How many people have you murdered? You might not realize this but you brag about it.

Either you believe that the law of God is abolished (fulfilled) by Jesus as the church teaches and were deceived,, or you are deliberately demonstrating pure hatred for God.
You are really evangelizing Jewish theology.

It’s almost like you have elevated the form above the meaning.

I thought you said that Christianity was effectively a form of Judaism.

Now you have a problem with Jewish theology?

Make up your mind.
Christianity is a sect of Judaism.

I have a problem arguing over theology with an evangelizing Jew who is disrespectful and can’t have an honest conversation.

There is nothing at all Jewish about Christianity except that it is the direct result of the nations being cursed by a Jew.

And I am not an evangelizing Jew. Whatever that is. I do not belong to or practice any known religion.

BTW, No one is forcing you to try and bullshit me.

If you have a problem with me exposing you as an actor and lying fraud, fuck off.
Jesus is a reformer of Judaism.
yeah right, and little boys are made of snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails,

You don't know what you are talking about. Jesus wasn't about Jew or Gentile or religion at all.

Make up your mind.

I have a problem arguing over theology with an evangelizing Jew who is disrespectful and can’t have an honest conversation.

There is nothing at all Jewish about Christianity except that it is the direct result of the nations being cursed by a Jew.

And I am not an evangelizing Jew. Whatever that is. I do not belong to or practice any known religion.

If you have a problem with me exposing you as an actor and lying fraud, fuck off.

Xtanity stole much of its theology from Judaism. You don’t know what the OT is, right?
Apparently I know it better than you.

Didn’t you say you weren’t Jewish, Hollie?

Make up your mind.

You don't know what you are talking about. Jesus wasn't about Jew or Gentile or religion at all.
But I do know what I am talking about. He believed that Judaism had become fettered. Theology, ritual, authority, grace, mystery and tradition are components of religion. He believed they had become overbalanced. Where the form had replaced the meaning. He didn't reject Judaism . He rejected the imbalance. He rejected what it had become.

Make up your mind.

Xtanity stole much of its theology from Judaism. You don’t know what the OT is, right?

Why are you attempting to argue that you know nothing of?

You don’t have a clue what the OT is. Why did xtianity steal it?

How can anyone read the Gospels and not see that Jesus rejected the form Judaism had taken?

Make up your mind.

But I do know what I am talking about. He believed that Judaism had become fettered. Theology, ritual, authority, grace, mystery and tradition are components of religion. He believed they had become overbalanced. Where the form had replaced the meaning. He didn't reject Judaism . He rejected the imbalance. He rejected what it had become.

“Overbalanced”

Do you have that characteristic rug burn mark on your forehead?

Christianity did not steal Judaism. Christianity reformed Judaism.

Christianity did not steal Judaism. Christianity reformed Judaism.

You don’t know what the OT is, right?

“Overbalanced”

Yes, overbalanced or imbalanced. Where form replaced meaning.

“Overbalanced”

Yes, overbalanced or imbalanced. Where form replaced meaning.

Your usual stuttering and mumbling when your claims are exposed as fraud.

Make up your mind.

Nonsense. It had become exactly what was predicted by Moses, a curse.

Jesus revealed the hidden teaching of the law which fulfilled the promise of life for anyone who accepted this teaching that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven, and acted on it.

It wasn't about reforming Judaism or converting Gentiles into a religion, he was raising the dead, freeing them from the captivity of hell perpetuated by ignorant religious traditions, degrading religious practices, and perverse interpretations of the teachings in scripture adopted by irrational and superstitious numbskulls like you ..

Last edited:

Nonsense. It had become exactly what was predicted by Moses, a curse.

Jesus revealed the hidden teaching of the law which fulfilled the promise of life for anyone who accepted this teaching that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven, and acted on it.

It wasn't about reforming Judaism or converting Gentiles into a religion, he was raising the dead, freeing them from the captivity of hell perpetuated by ignorant religious tradition and perverse interpretations of the teachings in scripture.
Do you mind if I test that?

What is this hell you speak of?

Who are the dead you speak of?

How do they rise from the dead into life?

What is this hidden message that frees everyone?

Please try to provide clear and unambiguous explanations so that I may better understand what you are saying. Because I believe what you are saying is that man should follow no religion at all.

Stole? Technically, stole means that it was taken, and Jews no longer have it--which is certainly not the case. In its beginnings, Christianity was simply another sect of Judaism...but one that was open and welcoming to all. Judaism was not stolen, it is the very root of Christianity. Jesus' genealogy specifically names Rahab; you might rightly call Christianity the harlot's child of Judaism, and like Jephthah, son of another harlot, we respond to our brother's call when they are in need. Like Jephthah and his brothers, fights raged between Judaism and Christianity as well.

Christianity reformed Judaism.
Did not Judaism also 'reform' itself? Christianity may have been a catalyst for this reform, or...the destruction of the Temple, or...better people coming into leadership--probably all three. A lot of Judaism's problems at the time of Christ can be traced back to the high priests of that time who had been corrupted by power and Roman alliance.

Everything began happening very quickly, and people began reacting to these changes. It is not like anyone--Christian, Jew, or Roman--sat down and created a blueprint.

if you believe in total free will, why do you sin??
these priests, of all people, should know not to sin---but they do..why? -- if there is total free will

85% of murders are committed by males
murder is a sin [ yes? ]..85% is too large a number to refute/argue/etc
why do females ''''choose'''' not to commit the sin of murder at the rate that males do??
....some groups of humans commit murder at much higher rates than other groups..why? if there is total free will

because we choose to give into temptation sometimes. Only one man has ever resisted completely.

Which priests are you referring to anyway?
which priests???!!!
there have been so many
if you have free will, why don't you just choose not to?

Stole? Technically, stole means that it was taken, and Jews no longer have it--which is certainly not the case. In its beginnings, Christianity was simply another sect of Judaism...but one that was open and welcoming to all. Judaism was not stolen, it is the very root of Christianity. Jesus' genealogy specifically names Rahab; you might rightly call Christianity the harlot's child of Judaism, and like Jephthah, son of another harlot, we respond to our brother's call when they are in need. Like Jephthah and his brothers, fights raged between Judaism and Christianity as well.

Christianity as a sect of Judaism is playing with definitions. Much of the core theology is different and doesn’t account for various sects and subdivisions that Christianity has splintered into.

Do you mind if I test that?

no.

What is this hell you speak of?

It is that space between your ears where you think that God is edible, you are a sinner, the end is near, idolatry is the way to eternal life, you keep embarrassing yourself, Jesus is coming, ANY MINUTE, and still not a single word of encouragement from the sky.

Who are the dead you speak of?

They are those unfortunate souls who drank the kool-aid and worship the work of human hands, eat Jesus, pray to mecca, meditate on nothingness day and night, became republican, whatever,.

How do they rise from the dead into life?

They have to stop drinking the kool-aid, get out of their death beds, stand up and walk upright like a living human being.

What is this hidden message the frees everyone?

Please try to provide clear and unambiguous explanations so that I may better understand what you are saying. Because I believe what you are saying is that man should follow no religion at all.

The words used in the book of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

What religion is necessary? Read it and lean and then act on the information you gain from comprehending the lessons of the past. There is no need for rituals, prayers, liturgy, special diets and clothing. You don't need to go to a church or a synagogue, a temple, mosque. You don't need to make a or holy pilgrimage. You don't have to join a club or learn a secret handshake or pay a fee..

You don't need an intermediary between what was written and your own brain to grasp the teaching intended to be understood by iron age children.

All you need is to have a functioning brain whose imagination is constrained by reality and honest and can think deeply. You don't have to go anywhere. You can even do it in secret.

Just think, learn, and live accordingly.

Christianity reformed Judaism.
Did not Judaism also 'reform' itself? Christianity may have been a catalyst for this reform, or...the destruction of the Temple, or...better people coming into leadership--probably all three. A lot of Judaism's problems at the time of Christ can be traced back to the high priests of that time who had been corrupted by power and Roman alliance.

Everything began happening very quickly, and people began reacting to these changes. It is not like anyone--Christian, Jew, or Roman--sat down and created a blueprint.
Yes, there are ebbs and flows in all things; religions, societies, communities, families and individuals. It is perfectly natural.

Forum List

Back