Would the Rapture unite Christianity and Judaism?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
  • I was wondering if the Rapture would unite Christianity and Judaism by combining the Jewish wait for an earthly Messiah with the second coming of Christ. In that event, would all be saved?

• I was wondering if the Rapture would unite Christianity and Judaism by combining the Jewish wait for an earthly Messiah with the second coming of Christ. In that event, would all be saved?
When Jesus returns he sits on a cloud..He does not alit..

I thought that already happened and nobody really noticed 'cause it was just like 1 guy that went.

The word rapture appears nowhere in the Bible, you'd think something so important would at least be mentioned once

In fact it was near unheard of until the 1830's

The word rapture appears nowhere in the Bible, you'd think something so important would at least be mentioned once

Doesn't matter. Religious nuts were making up shit and foisting it on well meaning believers long before that. One of the best money making schemes EVAH!!!

The idea is there. It’s mentioned in a number of places. However, I think a lot of Christians have been misled to believe in the pre-trib rapture. That particular idea is not biblical, iyam...but it does happen, at the end, when Jesus returns.

I thought that already happened and nobody really noticed 'cause it was just like 1 guy that went.
That's a good one.
That was the rumor for a while, did they change their minds?

Doesn't matter. Religious nuts were making up shit and foisting it on well meaning believers long before that. One of the best money making schemes EVAH!!!
Making up what shit?

Well, we can start with that so called rapture. Of course ignoring the parts of the Bible that you don't like is a tenant of Christianity too.

IT's more like when Christians realize their mistaken interpretations create silly fantasy notions like the rapture, they will unite (convert) to Judaism (2 sticks into one). Their own scripture says they will grab the hem of a Jew and ask them about their precepts....Isaiah 66:19 (speaking of the time to come leading to the Mikdash procession) explicitely says the Gentile has not yet seen the (figurative) face of God and at that time will finally see what they were blinded to.
WHICH BRINGS US TO THIS VERY SUBJECT confused as a Rapture in the sky.
The rapture debacle comes from missinterpretation that stems from the lack of knowledge of Biblical era slang and poetic usage of words describing appearances.
Theslonians which is based on Daniels vision uses the word "clouds" meaning
"gathering of hosts" i.e. Temple Priests.
The enraptured (exciting fervor) of the holy procession to "go up" to Mt Zion to see the Head(arch) Priest (Kohanim) in the gathering of Kohanim at the Temple in his name.
1)Jesus was not son of man, he(one of the figures used for his image) was speaking of son of man to come third person tense.
2)to come out of of with clouds meant out of the Aaronic lineage(Kohanim) or with the gathering of Kohanim to the Temple (Mikdash)in his name.
3)to go up to the clouds is up to Mt Zion for this gathering procession.
So Isaiah 66:19 is a validation to these verses on the procession, putting it to a perspective that the Gentile is the one being introduced to the oracle of God(who's name is in the Holy City, Temple, and Bible.
When people steal -plagiarize and lie to place a figure into text the outcome is very visably exposed and many times comical, and this error of a mere use of a word "cloud" is one of those exposed hillarious mistakes. The rapture nonsense is probably one of the greatest atheist creators and also one of the grestest conversion creators to Buddhism and Judaism.

Making up what shit?

Well, we can start with that so called rapture. Of course ignoring the parts of the Bible that you don't like is a tenant of Christianity too.
At least i don’t have to reject every single thing from every single religion. You probably just obsess over Christianity for convenience sake.

IT's more like when Christians realize their mistaken interpretations create silly fantasy notions like the rapture, they will unite (convert) to Judaism (2 sticks into one). Their own scripture says they will grab the hem of a Jew and ask them about their precepts....Isaiah 66:19 (speaking of the time to come leading to the Mikdash procession) explicitely says the Gentile has not yet seen the (figurative) face of God and at that time will finally see what they were blinded to.
WHICH BRINGS US TO THIS VERY SUBJECT confused as a Rapture in the sky.
The rapture debacle comes from missinterpretation that stems from the lack of knowledge of Biblical era slang and poetic usage of words describing appearances.
Theslonians which is based on Daniels vision uses the word "clouds" meaning
"gathering of hosts" i.e. Temple Priests.
The enraptured (exciting fervor) of the holy procession to "go up" to Mt Zion to see the Head(arch) Priest (Kohanim) in the gathering of Kohanim at the Temple in his name.
1)Jesus was not son of man, he(one of the figures used for his image) was speaking of son of man to come third person tense.
2)to come out of of with clouds meant out of the Aaronic lineage(Kohanim) or with the gathering of Kohanim to the Temple (Mikdash)in his name.
3)to go up to the clouds is up to Mt Zion for this gathering procession.
So Isaiah 66:19 is a validation to these verses on the procession, putting it to a perspective that the Gentile is the one being introduced to the oracle of God(who's name is in the Holy City, Temple, and Bible.
When people steal -plagiarize and lie to place a figure into text the outcome is very visably exposed and many times comical, and this error of a mere use of a word "cloud" is one of those exposed hillarious mistakes. The rapture nonsense is probably one of the greatest atheist creators and also one of the grestest conversion creators to Buddhism and Judaism.
I love it when you evangelize Judaism. :lol:

Especially since most of the militant atheists here are Jews. :rofl:

Making up what shit?

At least i don’t have to reject every single thing from every single religion. You probably just obsess over Christianity for convenience sake.

What makes you think I reject everything in the Bible, or any other religion for that matter? There are many beautiful passages expressing universal wisdom in the Bible, as well as there in the Torah, the Koran, and the teachings of all other major religions I have learned a little about. That doesn't mean I don't recognize the obvious contradictions and bullshit that is also part of all of them.

Making up what shit?

What makes you think I reject everything in the Bible, or any other religion for that matter? There are many beautiful passages expressing universal wisdom in the Bible, as well as there in the Torah, the Koran, and the teachings of all other major religions I have learned a little about. That doesn't mean I don't recognize the obvious contradictions and bullshit that is also part of all of them.
I just figured if you knew I did then I know you did. See what I did there?

This is a squabble between some self-identified Christian groups and Jews, who I suspect just want to be left alone.
John Nelson Darby invented the rapture in 1830. It's a good example of some forms of Christianity making things up and tacking them on to the religion. I think that some other religious types do, too, tacking on tribal customs to their religious observance. It happens all over the world.

Making up what shit?

I just figured if you knew I did then I know you did. See what I did there?

I saw that. You tried to make a comparison that just didn't fit.

Forum List

Back