Zone1 What did Jesus mean by Sin no more, since we are all sinners?

I say what Jesus meant was Do not commit mortal sin any more. I am not speaking for my Church, the Catholic Church here, just saying what I personally think. But I doubt most Catholic priests would argue with me?

I say this because the woman caught in adultery was committing not a venial, but a mortal sin.

That is the context of Jesus telling us not to sin.

That said, Jesus does not want us to sin AT ALL, venial or mortal. In Mt 5:48 we are told "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect."

That's a tall order, isn't it?

But that's what we are told. And there is no way to begin to be perfect unless you are first IN Christ's Church, you know.. the one HE founded. That is the Catholic Church
greetings
because sin is a law, this means Romans 6: 23.
everyone will be trial by fire, for their sins if you don't reduce them!
you say it is impossible, anything is possible! Matthew 19: 26; James 5: 16; 1 John 1: 9.

maxresdefault (19).jpg

a reminder

greetings
because sin is a law, this means Romans 6: 23.
everyone will be trial by fire, for their sins if you don't reduce them!
you say it is impossible, anything is possible! Matthew 19: 26; James 5: 16; 1 John 1: 9.

View attachment 909371
a reminder
1Cor 6: 9-11--Gal 5:19-21--2 lists of unacceptable sins that true followers do not do. Both spots teach will not inherit Gods kingdom. Yet blind guides assure many of those- you are saved. They do not know one single name written in Gods book of life-tithe seekers at best-RUN FROM THEM. Paul used the word spiritism at Gal, the Greek word= Pharmacia, thus drug addiction is apart of spiritism, so those 2 lists combined with the false god worship on earth= 99% of all mortals are being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom. Its why Jesus compared these last days( Luke 17:26) to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead)

What did Jesus mean by Sin no more, since we are all sinners?​

We are not all sinners. the Bible says that all have sinned. Meaning that is something we have all done, not something we are all doing. For some a change has taken place. The believer has been through a car wash and had the desire to sin cleaned and washed away from them completely by the Spirit of God. That is why they can go and sin no more. They once were in that old sin nature of theirs from birth, but they have been born again and by the power of the God's Spirit they are no longer that sinner. They are saints. They are now a new creation in Christ Jesus; not a sinner. They are now washed, justified, and sanctified. The entire desire to sin is no longer in the believer. Sin can no longer take rot and produce any sinful lusts in them.

Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (I Corinthians 6:8-11)

Jesus kept telling his disciples receive ye the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit in them is now greater than the evil and wickedness in the world

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

If the god of the bible actually killed everyone who committed a sin for which the punishment was death, then humans would be extinct.

You Catholics are a strange bunch.

Sin is sin. There are not sin categories.

The BIBLE say, " The wages of sin is DEATH."

So, GO AND SIN NO MORE
With God there are sin categories. God does not lump all sins in as being the same kind of sin.

God says the adulterer will be judged

God says fornication (sex outside of marriage) is SIN against your own body

God says homosexual sin is an abomination

God says the homosexual and lesbian will get a reprobate mind so they think they were born that way as he give them up and over to that sin

God says rebellion is as witchcraft

God says worship of other gods is wickedness and adultery against him.

We could even say that the homosexual and lesbian sins are the worst sin in the Holy Bible because God set an entire city of them on fire for that sin, and that sin only. In the OT God set them on fire showing us he has given them up and over to that sin. Likewise in the NT God tells us he is giving them up and over that sin. Also the homosexual sin is the only sin in the Holy Bible God is so against that He would NOT send any of this prophets to those cities to try to save them. For all other sins God would send Jonah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Habakkuk, etc... to say thus saith the Lord...

I'm not a Catholic, I'm a Baptist

Last edited:
Again, Jesus is big enough to protect His Word (from humans)
He has done an appalling job so far .
Even allowing for an extended holiday , a wait of 2000 years looks like utter failure .

Or , as we say , proof of complete drivel .
But you Cultists are such dreamers .

You Catholics are a strange bunch.

Sin is sin. There are not sin categories.

The BIBLE say, " The wages of sin is DEATH."

So, GO AND SIN NO MORE
James 2:

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

You are correct, sin simply is sin, and that's why no one can "earn" salvation at all. You might as well try to swim from California to Hawaii. Sure, some will get further than others, but nobody's getting to Hawaii.

ALL sin carries the death penalty FOR ALL ETERNITY. That's why humans need a savior
Right, the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal salvation. What a Mighty God we serve. Angels bow before Him heaven and earth adore Him, what a Mighty God we serve.

Right, humans do need a savior but many reject Jesus as he is the only savior in the entire world. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. For some sinners God has give them up, and given them over to those homosexual and lesbians sins-Romans chapter 1.

Grace and Truth has come to all on earth, and many reject it. They need a savior, but they make their own wrong choice in rejecting Jesus. We have to let them make their own choice just like God does.

If you sin even one time in your entire life, you are a sinner. I see it as an encouragement to stop engaging in behaviors that defy divine commands.
If you've ever experienced true repentance, then you are no longer a sinner. You HAVE sinned, but you are not a "sinner" in the eyes of God. You are a new creation

What did Jesus mean by Sin no more, since we are all sinners?​

Yes we are all sinners and yes we are imperfect beings. However, there are those who believe that we are helplessly trapped in sin and can never escape it. That would be a false statement in my estimation. God gives us commandments that He knows we have the ability to obey. God gives us the chance to repent and be forgiven because he knows that we can overcome sin. Yes, Jesus did give us the following commandment:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We are imperfect beings that truly have the ability to become perfect through following the teachings of Jesus Christ and following His example and applying His doctrine of repentance and seeking His forgiveness through his atonement. Is it possible to attain a point in our eternal existence where we can become perfect and not be a sinner? YES!! That is the whole purpose of the mission of Jesus Christ!

I say what Jesus meant was Do not commit mortal sin any more. I am not speaking for my Church, the Catholic Church here, just saying what I personally think. But I doubt most Catholic priests would argue with me?

I say this because the woman caught in adultery was committing not a venial, but a mortal sin.

That is the context of Jesus telling us not to sin.

That said, Jesus does not want us to sin AT ALL, venial or mortal. In Mt 5:48 we are told "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect."

That's a tall order, isn't it?

But that's what we are told. And there is no way to begin to be perfect unless you are first IN Christ's Church, you know.. the one HE founded. That is the Catholic Church
Jesus said nothing about mortal sin. you guys add so much false garbage to the plain teaching of scripture.

Forum List

Back