why do you sin/free will

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
if you believe in total free will, why do you sin??
these priests, of all people, should know not to sin---but they do..why? -- if there is total free will

85% of murders are committed by males
murder is a sin [ yes? ]..85% is too large a number to refute/argue/etc
why do females ''''choose'''' not to commit the sin of murder at the rate that males do??
....some groups of humans commit murder at much higher rates than other groups..why? if there is total free will

these priests, of all people, should know not to sin---but they do..why? -- if there is total free will

why do females ''''choose'''' not to commit the sin of murder at the rate that males do??
....some groups of humans commit murder at much higher rates than other groups..why? if there is total free will
Whys stop there?

upload_2018-12-27_18-27-18.png

FBI Crime and Statistics 2013

You assume "to murder or not to murder" is a choice. Start there.

It isn't that one "chooses" it and the other "chooses" against it. It's that one is more driven than the other.

It isn't that one "chooses" it and the other "chooses" against it. It's that one is more driven than the other.
so, there is not total free will? [ this is obvious regarding males/male aggression/etc ]

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114

I'm just happy to see we're raping in bigger numbers. I don't whitey to be outdone in everything.

Nope. I CHOOSE not to kill, and I don't. Tards have such a twisted view of everything.

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114
yes I know

so, there is not total free will? [ this is obvious regarding males/male aggression/etc ]

What do you mean by "total free will" and "not total free will"?

Everyone is responsible for their own words and actions. "Da debbil made me do it" is a cop-out. The very concept of a "devil" is a cop-out.

Nope. I CHOOSE not to kill, and I don't. Tards have such a twisted view of everything.

Read your own name. Yeah I guess y'all do.
Thanks for playin'.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

It "seems evil" to pogo and the tards to serve the Lord.

Everyone is responsible for their own words and actions. "Da debbil made me do it" is a cop-out. The very concept of a "devil" is a cop-out.
85% --ok free will then
you say people are driven---this really sounds like that don't have free will
please explain ''driven''
.....it's obvious males are more aggressive/etc because of their human physiology/evolution/etc whatever
..then we have the 85% number

.....please get more specific on why females do not choose to commit murder at the rates that males do

85% --ok free will then
.....it's obvious males are more aggressive/etc because of their human physiology/evolution/etc whatever

.....please get more specific on why females do not choose to commit murder at the rates that males do

"Driven" has nothing to do with "free will". Not related.

You may be "driven" to eat, drink, murder, rape, follow football, speak Swedish, whatever. But you may or may not actually *DO* it. But if you do do it, you chose to do it.

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114

I'm just happy to see we're raping in bigger numbers. I don't whitey to be outdone in everything.
Are you black?

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114
yes I know
Maybe this will help explain it...

If the universe were created through natural process and we are an accidental happenstance of matter and energy doing what matter and energy do, then there should be no expectation for absolute morals. Morals can be anything we want them to be. The problem is that nature does have a preference for an outcome. Societies and people which behave with virtue experience order and harmony. Societies and people which behave without virtue experience disorder and chaos. So we can see from the outcomes that not all behaviors have equal outcomes. That some behaviors have better outcomes and some behaviors have worse outcomes. This is the moral law at work. If the universe was created by spirit for the express purpose of creating beings that know and create we would expect that we would receive feedback on how we behave. The problem is that violating moral laws are not like violating physical laws. When we violate a physical law the consequences are immediate. If you try to defy gravity by jumping off a roof you will fall. Whereas the consequences for violating a moral law are more probabilistic in nature; many times we get away with it.

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. It is in effect a universal standard. It exists for a reason. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed based upon some universal code of common decency that is independent of man.

So the question that naturally begs to be asked is if there is a universal code of common decency that is independent of man how come we all don't behave the same way when it comes to right and wrong? The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

Man does know right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he did not violate it. You can see this behavior in almost all quarrels and disagreements. At the heart of every quarrel and disagreement is a belief in a universal right and wrong. So even though each side believes right to be different each side expects the other to believe their side should be universally known and accepted. It is this behavior which tells us there is an expectation for an absolute truth.

If there were never a universal truth that existed man would never have an expectation of fairness to begin with because fairness would have no meaning. The fact that each of us has an expectation of fairness and that we expect everyone else to follow ought to raise our suspicion on the origin of that expectation.

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114

Are you black?

No. They may rape at a higher percentage, but we're holding higher numbers overall. It's good to see. They may be beating us at every major sport, but our rape game is still strong. :thup:

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114

Are you black?
I'm willing to learn

85% --ok free will then

You may be "driven" to eat, drink, murder, rape, follow football, speak Swedish, whatever. But you may or may not actually *DO* it. But if you do do it, you chose to do it.
so why do priests commit sin when they KNOW it's wrong?
why do YOU commit sin?
we ''sin'' because we can't help it---that's what humans do

Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114

Are you black?

No. They may rape at a higher percentage, but we're holding higher numbers overall. It's good to see. They may be beating us at every major sport, but our rape game is still strong. :thup:
That's too bad because I was going to hook you up with ricechickie.

85% --ok free will then

so why do priests commit sin when they KNOW it's wrong?
why do YOU commit sin?
we ''sin'' because we can't help it---that's what humans do

"Knowing something is wrong" in no way prevents one from doing it.

Forum List

Back