why do you sin/free will

Do you mind if I test that?

no.

What is this hell you speak of?

It is that space between your ears where you think that God is edible, you are a sinner, the end is near, idolatry is the way to eternal life, you keep embarrassing yourself, Jesus is coming, ANY MINUTE, and still not a single word of encouragement from the sky.

Who are the dead you speak of?

They are those unfortunate souls who drank the kool-aid and worship the work of human hands, eat Jesus, pray to mecca, meditate on nothingness day and night, became republican, whatever,.

How do they rise from the dead into life?

They have to stop drinking the kool-aid, get out of their death beds, stand up and walk upright like a living human being.

What is this hidden message the frees everyone?

Please try to provide clear and unambiguous explanations so that I may better understand what you are saying. Because I believe what you are saying is that man should follow no religion at all.

The words used in the book of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

What religion is necessary? Read it and lean and then act on the information you gain from comprehending the lessons of the past. There is no need for rituals, prayers, liturgy, special diets and clothing. You don't need to go to a church or a synagogue, a temple, mosque. You don't need to make a or holy pilgrimage. You don't have to join a club or learn a secret handshake.

You don't need an intermediary between what was written and your own brain to grasp the teaching intended to be understood by iron age children.

All you need is to have a functioning brain whose imagination is constrained by reality and honest and can think deeply. You don't have to go anywhere. You can even do it in secret.

Just think, learn, and live accordingly.
So it is exactly as I thought you are against organized religion. You condemn respect for people who follow a religion.

I am not against anything. I am for the truth.
And the truth is that the bible is like a big treasure book with big Xs to mark the spots where god has hidden his wisdom. Is that pretty close? ;biggrin:

Right.. Pretty close.

"I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord."
Except a man wrote that, then hid shit?

If sinning isn't ok, then why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to sinners? It seems like it doesn't matter whether you sin or not.
So that good can come from it.
So what good came from Jeffrey Dahmer, who cut up and ate all those guys? :popcorn:
Who knows? Maybe the families of the victims came to appreciate life more and took it less for granted. Maybe it brought people together that were estranged. Maybe it taught them about the power of forgiveness.

If sinning isn't ok, then why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to sinners? It seems like it doesn't matter whether you sin or not.
So what good came from Jeffrey Dahmer, who cut up and ate all those guys? :popcorn:
Who knows? Maybe the families of the victims came to appreciate life more and took it less for granted. Maybe it brought people together that were estranged. Maybe it taught them about the power of forgiveness.

Ahhh, so Jeffrey Dahmer was a blessing.

Good call.

So nothing but religious fartsmoke. Got it.

It is that space between your ears where you think that God is edible, you are a sinner, the end is near, idolatry is the way to eternal life, you keep embarrassing yourself, Jesus is coming, ANY MINUTE, and still not a single word of encouragement from the sky.

They are those unfortunate souls who drank the kool-aid and worship the work of human hands, eat Jesus, pray to mecca, meditate on nothingness day and night, became republican, whatever,.

They have to stop drinking the kool-aid, get out of their death beds, stand up and walk upright like a living human being.

The words used in the book of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

What religion is necessary? Read it and lean and then act on the information you gain from comprehending the lessons of the past. There is no need for rituals, prayers, liturgy, special diets and clothing. You don't need to go to a church or a synagogue, a temple, mosque. You don't need to make a or holy pilgrimage. You don't have to join a club or learn a secret handshake.

You don't need an intermediary between what was written and your own brain to grasp the teaching intended to be understood by iron age children.

All you need is to have a functioning brain whose imagination is constrained by reality and honest and can think deeply. You don't have to go anywhere. You can even do it in secret.

Just think, learn, and live accordingly.
So it is exactly as I thought you are against organized religion. You condemn respect for people who follow a religion.

And the truth is that the bible is like a big treasure book with big Xs to mark the spots where god has hidden his wisdom. Is that pretty close? ;biggrin:

Right.. Pretty close.

"I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord."

Yes. Thats what the argument that Jesus was having was about when he talked about the light of the nations, the law, and asked who lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel.

They wanted to keep the instruction secret and hidden from the rest of the world. Jesus realized that the life of the world depended on the teaching going global, so he and his disciples built a time capsule, hid these secrets again, and then sent it through the nations.

We can sin because Jesus already paid that bill by dying on the cross for our sins.
I can only pray that others do not read what you write and believe it.

No. It isn’t that simple. That’s just how you see it to justify your beliefs.
It says so in the bible. Did you fail English class?
No. I didn’t fail English. I think you will be hard pressed to show me where it says what you say it says in the Bible.
Pay attention, this is how you post a real relevant link.

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 4:25 - New International Version
Right but that doesn’t say what you said.

No Christian believes they have carte Blanche in sinning.

The only people who believe that are people like you who need to take these messages out of context to justify their position. In reality it is nothing more than a logical fallacy straw man. It’s not real.

Christ did not teach to go forth and sin. Christ taught to go forth and transform yourself. He wants us to see reality for what it is. He does not want us to rationalize away our sins. We will never transform ourselves that way. The more honest you are about yourself the less power sin holds over you. You are only as sick as the secrets you keep.

Right.. Pretty close.

Yes. Thats what the argument that Jesus was having was about when he talked about the light of the nations, the law, and asked who lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel.

They wanted to keep the instruction secret and hidden from the rest of the world. Jesus realized that the life of the world depended on the teaching going global,
Jesus wanted his message to go global, so he hid it. :haha:

So nothing but religious fartsmoke. Got it.
What exactly was religious about what I just wrote, Taz?

We can sin because Jesus already paid that bill by dying on the cross for our sins.

No. I didn’t fail English. I think you will be hard pressed to show me where it says what you say it says in the Bible.

The only people who believe that are people like you who need to take these messages out of context to justify their position. In reality it is nothing more than a logical fallacy straw man. It’s not real.

Christ did not teach to go forth and sin. Christ taught to go forth and transform yourself. He wants us to see reality for what it is. He does not want us to rationalize away our sins. We will never transform ourselves that way. The more honest you are about yourself the less power sin holds over you. You are only as sick as the secrets you keep.
The first fucking sentence: "He was delivered over to death for our sins". Geez, you're dumber today than usual. Go to church. Bring cash.

Right.. Pretty close.

They wanted to keep the instruction secret and hidden from the rest of the world. Jesus realized that the life of the world depended on the teaching going global,
Jesus wanted his message to go global, so he hid it. :haha:

" The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again..."

Yes. in plain sight. So when he came again he could refute the world and show where right and wrong and judgment lie, convince the Jews that he was right, and convince them of divine judgement by showing that the prince of this world stands condemned.

He was one stubborn son of a bitch.

Last edited:

The first fucking sentence: "He was delivered over to death for our sins". Geez, you're dumber today than usual. Go to church. Bring cash.
Yes, we all killed Jesus.

That doesn’t mean you can go on sinning.

if there is free will-it should be EASY to not sin
I can easily imagine you addressing a seedling, scolding, "If you truly are an oak tree you should be able to produce an acorn right now!" Trees have roots. So does free will. As I tried to explain previously, our free will is at the thought level, and how we choose to think. The fruit our thoughts produce is the result of how we chose to use the gift of free will. You can't expect an oak tree to produce a daisy when it is rooted in an acorn. Nor can you expect loving actions from those whose thoughts are rooted solely in hate.

Karl Marx believed religion was a money scam too like you do. :thup:

Karl Marx believed religion was a money scam too like you do. :thup:

A valuable lesson for the Catholic Church. They had gobs of cash to pay off victims of abuse by priests.

Yes, we all killed Jesus.

That doesn’t mean you can go on sinning.

Better late than never?

Something like rewards in heaven?
Keep in mind the reward in heaven is being in the presence of God. Meanwhile, we have a life to live here on Earth. Jesus taught turning from disobedience to obedience to the will of God brings us forgiveness and a fulfilling life in the Kingdom of God right here, right now. If one does not wish to seek God's will and obedience to it in this life, why ever would they want an eternal life with God, doing His will? For those who believe God's will is beautiful, then why wait to do His will until after death? Why not start right now?

Forum List

Back