Zone1 What did Jesus mean by Sin no more, since we are all sinners?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I say what Jesus meant was Do not commit mortal sin any more. I am not speaking for my Church, the Catholic Church here, just saying what I personally think. But I doubt most Catholic priests would argue with me?

I say this because the woman caught in adultery was committing not a venial, but a mortal sin.

That is the context of Jesus telling us not to sin.

That said, Jesus does not want us to sin AT ALL, venial or mortal. In Mt 5:48 we are told "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect."

That's a tall order, isn't it?

But that's what we are told. And there is no way to begin to be perfect unless you are first IN Christ's Church, you know.. the one HE founded. That is the Catholic Church

I say what Jesus meant was Do not commit mortal sin any more. I am not speaking for my Church, the Catholic Church here, just saying what I personally think. But I doubt most Catholic priests would argue with me?

I say this because the woman caught in adultery was committing not a venial, but a mortal sin.

That said, Jesus does not want us to sin AT ALL, venial or mortal. In Mt 5:48 we are told "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect."

But that's what we are told. And there is no way to begin to be perfect unless you are first IN Christ's Church, you know.. the one HE founded. That is the Catholic Church
Some practice sin, some err and sin.
Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism, her bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.

It is a great story with a great, Jesus-like message, but, Jesus almost certainly never said it. The first appearance of it in John dates to the Middle Ages, before that, none of the copies of John we have include it. If a monk was inspired by God to insert it, God certainly took his sweet time.

It is a great story with a great, Jesus-like message, but, Jesus almost certainly never said it. The first appearance of it in John dates to the Middle Ages, before that, none of the copies of John we have include it. If a monk was inspired by God to insert it, God certainly took his sweet time.
What we believe is that it IS scripture but likely belongs in the Book of Mark but got misplaced around 300AD or so. Sheets of unbound loose and faded paper laying around it's easy to do with a gust of wind or clumsy apprentice knocking into things.

And it's likely a portion of a treatise about marriage and adultery and following the Law of the Old Testament that was supposed to be in effect that they were not following. So Jesus let these guys have it both barrels and reloaded.

JOhn of the Cross says that the word of Jesus is effective. She was released from that sin but not from all sinning.

Some practice sin, some err and sin.
Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism, her bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.
what a lie.

I guess you'll find out in the end (that you were in grave error to contradict Christ's true Church)

What we believe is that it IS scripture but likely belongs in the Book of Mark but got misplaced around 300AD or so. Sheets of unbound loose and faded paper laying around it's easy to do with a gust of wind or clumsy apprentice knocking into things.

And it's likely a portion of a treatise about marriage and adultery and following the Law of the Old Testament that was supposed to be in effect that they were not following. So Jesus let these guys have it both barrels and reloaded.
I think Jesus is big enough to protect His Words through centuries and through human error. He promised His Church would not succumb to the gates of Hell Mt 16:18

what a lie.

I guess you'll find out in the end (that you were in grave error to contradict Christ's true Church)
When they are asked to explain why they killed other Catholics( on allies side) for a man named Adolf Hitler, they will realize it took throwing Jesus away to do it, same in the rev war, civil war, ww1--the bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.
A single teaching from Jesus shows who listens to him=Matt 6:33- Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Every trinity religion teaches to seek Jesus' righteousness, the religion that Jesus is with teach to seek YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness.

When they are asked to explain why they killed other Catholics( on allies side) for a man named Adolf Hitler, they will realize it took throwing Jesus away to do it, same in the rev war, civil war, ww1--the bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.
A single teaching from Jesus shows who listens to him=Matt 6:33- Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Every trinity religion teaches to seek Jesus' righteousness, the religion that Jesus is with teach to seek YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness.
I don't get this. That's not surprising. Maybe I am speed reading and overly bored and restless today, but I'll pass on re-reading it because I am not in the mood for anti-Catholic stuff.

You're obviously a person of great faith and I wasn't trying to shake anyone's faith, only speaking the truth as I understand it.
nothing can shake the faith that comesfrom Christ (except choosing willfully to go against it).

The point is that Jesus knows human nature better than anyone and he knew that the Word could get mangled along the way. He protected His Word from many dangers. He had to. And He is the only one who has enough power to do so.

I think of thatstory of Napoleon and the pope at that time whose name escapes me. N told the pope that he would destroy the Church. The pope told him, "If Catholics have not destroyed the Church, what makes you think you can?"

:auiqs.jpg:

I don't get this. That's not surprising. Maybe I am speed reading and overly bored and restless today, but I'll pass on re-reading it because I am not in the mood for anti-Catholic stuff.
The teachings of Jesus do not match Catholicisms teachings.

I think Jesus is big enough to protect His Words through centuries and through human error. He promised His Church would not succumb to the gates of Hell Mt 16:18
Of course He is. What was said, if it inserts into Mark at the point we believe, is a restatement of things he already said with a slightly different nuance. But the reason why we say it belongs in Mark is that it is not written in the same stylistic manner as John writes but is an exact match for Mark's stylistic manner.

Who cares what Jesus or anyone else in the Bible said. What does the Pope say? He's the one that counts!

what a lie.

Christ's Church extends far beyond artificial man-made boundaries, and that includes the name on the Church door.

Christ's Church extends far beyond artificial man-made boundaries, and that includes the name on the Church door.
He's a Catholic cultist. For him the Pope is the ultimate authority.

Actually, He said the gates of hell will not stand against the Church. Gates are DEFENSIVE, not offensive, and the Scripture means the Church will attack hell and hell cannot withstand the attack.

We're not supposed to be afraid of hell or anything that opposes God.

Forum List

Back