Why do people still think the Bible was created at the Council of Nicaea?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Why do people still think the Bible was created at the Council of Nicaea?

Where do you get the idea anyone thinks that? Starting out with a strawman is never really an effective approach.

No, but it was revised and heavily edited there. Yes Jesus was voted into the office of Son-o-God but the idea that he wasn't God, along with myriad other elements that were voted out, were expunged and the documentation of them burned (or so they intended).

Not sure that Dan Brown was there whatever that means (humans rarely tending to live 1700 years), but since Santa Claus hadn't been invented yet I'm pretty sure he was not.

Dan Brown was not there.

Neither was gay King James I's schollars there.

And, believe it or not, neither were Jere, Michael Boldea, saintmichaeldefendthem, or Where_r_my_Keys.

Where do you get the idea anyone thinks that? Starting out with a strawman is never really an effective approach.

Who claimed it was?
Search Results for Query: bible nicaea | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
nicaea compile bible - Google Search
Google

No, but it was revised and heavily edited there. Yes Jesus was voted into the office of Son-o-God but the idea that he wasn't God, along with myriad other elements that were voted out, were expunged and the documentation of them burned (or so they intended).
You realize that Arianism is still alive and well, right? Just ask your local Jehovah's Witnesses.

... Well, on second thought, don't. The less interaction with them the better. Fucking cult...

Not sure that Dan Brown was there whatever that means (humans rarely tending to live 1700 years), but since Santa Claus hadn't been invented yet I'm pretty sure he was not.
Santa Claus as in St. Nicholas, the Greek guy from Asia Minor who threw bags of gold through women's bedroom windows. St. Nicholas Center ::: Bishop Nicholas Loses His Cool

Who claimed it was?
Search Results for Query: bible nicaea | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
nicaea compile bible - Google Search
Google

You realize that Arianism is still alive and well, right? Just ask your local Jehovah's Witnesses.

... Well, on second thought, don't. The less interaction with them the better. Fucking cult...

Santa Claus as in St. Nicholas, the Greek guy from Asia Minor who threw bags of gold through women's bedroom windows. St. Nicholas Center ::: Bishop Nicholas Loses His Cool

Sorry, you haven't established a point by demonstrating that you can Google it. A Google is a question -- not a claim.

Here, I just Googled "the sky is green". Got 270 million hits. What does that mean? 270 million nothings.

Santa Claus is not St. Nicholas. The former was amalgamated from St.Nick, plus other sources. But they're not the same person.

It had nothing to do with "editing the Bible" or "removing the inconvenient books" or whatever other Dan Brown inspired shit. It was about Arianism - the question of whether Jesus was fully divine as well as fully human. The real interesting fact about the council is that it's that one time Santa Claus punched a heretic.

Council of Nicaea | Christianity [325]
Council of Nicaea concludes - Aug 25, 325 - HISTORY.com
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: First Council of Nicaea

Weeaall....if you look at the total activities of the Roman Emperor Constantine things turned out pretty well for them. He omitted three gospel accounts, he selected pagan holidays for Christmas and Easter....he basically formed Christianity for the rewards to be passed along to the Roman empire. If you look closely the whole thing has worked out well for them....look at Vatican City, the architecture, the fine art, the massive collections of silver and gold.....that ol' boy knew what he was doing and anyone who doesn't realize it ain't paying attention:

sistine.chapel.vatican.10.jpg

roma3.jpg

symbol_gold_rome_coin.jpg
MCL35%20E.jpg

In%20Awe%20of%20the%20Papal%20Altar%20web%201000%20n%2072.jpg

Weeaall....if you look at the total activities of the Roman Emperor Constantine things turned out pretty well for them. He omitted three gospel accounts, he selected pagan holidays for Christmas and Easter....he basically formed Christianity for the rewards to be passed along to the Roman empire. If you look closely the whole thing has worked out well for them....look at Vatican City, the architecture, the fine art, the massive collections of silver and gold.....that ol' boy knew what he was doing and anyone who doesn't realize it ain't paying attention:

roma3.jpg

MCL35%20E.jpg

Roman Catholic Christianity goes a lot deeper than that. (understatement) Beyond the ostensible outcomes you are highlighting.

Plus, I think you are overstating Constantine’s influence by a thousand. The growth and influence would have occurred with or without his involvement. Only if there is no God could your illustration have any truth to it.

It had nothing to do with "editing the Bible" or "removing the inconvenient books" or whatever other Dan Brown inspired shit. It was about Arianism - the question of whether Jesus was fully divine as well as fully human. The real interesting fact about the council is that it's that one time Santa Claus punched a heretic.

Council of Nicaea | Christianity [325]
Council of Nicaea concludes - Aug 25, 325 - HISTORY.com
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: First Council of Nicaea

roma3.jpg

MCL35%20E.jpg

Those are all material things.

How'd it all work out for, say, women accused of "witchcraft"?

roma3.jpg

MCL35%20E.jpg

Roman Catholic Christianity goes a lot deeper than that. (understatement) Beyond the ostensible outcomes you are highlighting.

Plus, I think you are overstating Constantine’s influence by a thousand. The growth and influence would have occurred with or without his involvement. Only if there is no God could your illustration have any truth to it.

Then I'm right on target. By the way.....which god? Everybody thinks their god is the only true god and there have been dozens of them and the main influence they've had on mankind has been wars....one after another ever since we began to gather the low hanging fruit. Screw god and screw religion. Mankind would have been ten times better off without any of it. You know what? people are finally beginning to catch on:
Survey: One in five Americans has no religion

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance.

roma3.jpg

MCL35%20E.jpg

Then I'm right on target. By the way.....which god? Everybody thinks their god is the only true god and there have been dozens of them and the main influence they've had on mankind has been wars....one after another ever since we began to gather the low hanging fruit. Screw god and screw religion. Mankind would have been ten times better off without any of it. You know what? people are finally beginning to catch on:

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington (CNN) – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance.

I understand. Misery loves company. Not only is there a percentage growth in unbelievers, other trends have spiked as well --- including, general immorality of every stripe imaginable. Plus selfishness, rudeness, gossip, greed, crime, and a drop in education standards. Younger adults know so little about the larger world, it only follows that the subject of God is too heavy for their pleasure-seeking minds as well.

You, on the other hand, claim to know better. You base your atheism on your education, selective as that may be. I could document scores of supernatural manifestations and you would find some highly implausible escape to keep you demystified and on some short-lived pleasure cruise. The evidence for God cannot be avoided, except by doing what Barbra Streisand sings in The way we Were --- "that which is too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget."

Hilarious thread! People arguing about something that happened thousands of years ago, and no one alive today has ANY idea what the hell actually happened then!

:rofl:

I know, right -- it's like these wags in Port Fart Idaho holding forth with their wisdom on who fucked up in Katrina.

Hilarious thread! People arguing about something that happened thousands of years ago, and no one alive today has ANY idea what the hell actually happened then!

You're right. All we have are silly records of, and recorded discussions of, the proceedings. There's no way in hell we could ever have an idea what they really talked about there. Clearly this is evidence that they used the council to create the modern Protestant Bible.

Yep! Along about the time ol' Hey Zeus was born of a virgin, walked on water, turned water into fine wine, healed by touching, raised men from the dead, took one for the gipper then popped back to life!! You're playing my game now :2up:

roma3.jpg

MCL35%20E.jpg

By Dan Merica, CNN

I understand. Misery loves company. Not only is there a percentage growth in unbelievers, other trends have spiked as well --- including, general immorality of every stripe imaginable. Plus selfishness, rudeness, gossip, greed, crime, and a drop in education standards. Younger adults know so little about the larger world, it only follows that the subject of God is too heavy for their pleasure-seeking minds as well.

You, on the other hand, claim to know better. You base your atheism on your education, selective as that may be. I could document scores of supernatural manifestations and you would find some highly implausible escape to keep you demystified and on some short-lived pleasure cruise. The evidence for God cannot be avoided, except by doing what Barbra Streisand sings in The way we Were --- "that which is too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget."

The evidence of god is one thing....his total and undeniable absence from everything. Read closely...as I've said before I'm an old man.
When I was born in 1934 the average life expectancy of a White male in the United States was 61. If someone survived their first heart attack they would mope around essentially disabled for a couple of years then die. Cancer was a death sentence. The only treatment was surgery and over half the time the tumor metasticised and spread. The afflicted usually lasted a year after that at the most. One of my favorite people in the world lasted nine months after diagnosis, lost half his body weight and because he looked like he had been dead for ten years it was a closed casket memorial.

Wednesday evening prayer meetings all over this country were
crowded and prayer lists were a foot long. Every family either had a member or a close friend who was sick or dying. People prayed till their knees were bloody and the afflicted suffered and died anyway. Where was the invisible man, woman, thing in the sky?

Now the average life expectancy of a White male at birth in America is 78. Thanks to the electronic spin offs from the moon landing in the late 1960's, we now have sophisticated diagnostic systems, MRI, CTScans, ultrasound, echocardiograms, endoscopy, colonoscopy, heart catherization procedures, stents, bypasses, transplants, stem cell technology, chemo, radiation and limited or non-invasive surgical procedures which produce much lower mortality statistics. What about the hundreds of millions who died or suffered unmercifully before all this technology and research came about? What about the hundreds of billions of prayers which were obviously wasted? Did anything the prayer group did have any effect at all? About god....the most obvious thing about the whole story was his/her/it's total absence. Don't you people ever read about anything except the bible....a 2000 year old crock of shit?

Last edited:
Poor campbell. Yes, life is tough, old son.

Speak for yourself. I live on Watts Bar lake in east Tennessee. My house is a brick basement rancher on 1 1/2 acres with 220 ft. lake frontage. I have zoysia grass and a built in irrigation system supplied by lake water. I have two 2014 cars, a Subaru Outback and a Chevy Impala. I have a two year old floating dock and a 2014 22 ft. pontoon boat parked in my dock ready to go within ten minutes of a notion.
I have eight grandchildren and two great granddaughters and my oldest two grandsons have come home from North Carolina State University and MTSU this weekend and will be here in a few hours to take me fishing. My great granddaughters are with their parents in Seoul South Korea where my grand-son-in-law is a helicopter pilot flying Chinooks along the demilitarized zone. All my adult grandchildren have IQ's above 140.

GO FISH!!!

Glad to hear you have had a good life.

Quit the bitching, then. My wife died from cancer, and my sister, my mother, and my eldest daughter. We all suffer, and whether you blame God or a lack of a God is meaningless.

Glad to hear you have had a good life.

Quit the bitching, then. My wife died from cancer, and my sister, my mother, and my eldest daughter. We all suffer, and whether you blame God or a lack of a God is meaningless.

Based upon 80 years of experience in the real world:

Fuck Gawd!! And Fuck the angel he rode in on!!

Forum List

Back