Why Do Democrats Love Raising The Minimum Wage?

The Democrats rally around minimum wage for about the same reason that the Republicans rally around lower taxes.

You couldn't figure that out by yourself?

The minimum wage is unacceptable and I don't approve of the ways that arrive at setting that wage. I believe the more money you put into the hand of the working class the better economy will get, giving tax breaks to companies who don't split the difference with their workers doesn't help shit.

The Democrats rally around minimum wage for about the same reason that the Republicans rally around lower taxes.

The minimum wage is unacceptable and I don't approve of the ways that arrive at setting that wage. I believe the more money you put into the hand of the working class the better economy will get, giving tax breaks to companies who don't split the difference with their workers doesn't help shit.

Yeah, I understand the theory.

At this point in time I don't think that will much help though.

I'm not sure what will, really.

We're so committed to creating a one world economy, and the people who most benefit from FREE TRADE control this government, too, so merely forcing businesses (mostly small businesses, I note..the ones that are already in trouble) to pay more for employees doesn't strike me as a very good idea, right now.

I think we have to make changes to our system that the masters are unwilling to do.

After all, they're getting richer as the American Middle class gets poorer, ya know?

We're so committed to creating a one world economy, ....

After all, they're getting richer as the American Middle class gets poorer, ya know?

On the basis of the first statement, the American Middle Class could stand to get much poorer....in fact, our leaders have all but apologised for the relative excesses of America's "Wealth."

Democrats rally around min wage because it makes them look better to their union constituents.
Republicans rally around tax cuts because it makes them look better to their middle class constituents.
Min wage laws hurt the economy and the very workers Dems proclaim to care about.
Tax cuts help the economy and the very constituents Republicans proclaim to care about.

See the difference?

Yes ...simple Rabbi logic

Asking for $1.50 an hour more is the same as asking $50 an hour......if you give them an extra buck, where will it stop?

As usual. Republicans give a big Fuck-you to those struggling to earn a living. That is why they blocked minimum wage over the last 20 years and why it has lost so much spending power

It is of course Democrats saying Fuck You to people who want to work but can't find a job because their entry level job skills are worth only $5 an hour and min wage is higher than that, pricing them out of the market.
The choice is not jobs at $2/hr vs jobs at $8/hr. It is jobs at $2/hr vs welfare dependence. Guess which one the Dems prefer?
Of course, because they are the Party of Fuck You.

Nice try Rabbi

Unfortunately, the GOP has tried that one for decades as justification for holding down minimum wage. The facts do not support a direct correlation to minimum wage pay and availability of minimum wage jobs.

It is more correlated to the economy at the time. And regardless of the state of the economy, Republicans always said Fuck-you to raising minimum wage

Proof?
Nah, you don' need no stinkin' proof.

We're so committed to creating a one world economy, and the people who most benefit from FREE TRADE control this government, too, so merely forcing businesses (mostly small businesses, I note..the ones that are already in trouble) to pay more for employees doesn't strike me as a very good idea, right now.

I think we have to make changes to our system that the masters are unwilling to do.

Yes, I see your point, but the rich already have their reward, the middle class and poor do not so give them guys a raise, they pat more taxes proportionally with their paychecks than the rich.

It's like crack... they give them a taste and hope they get hooked on it. Then they have a Dem voter for life.

Yes, I see your point, but the rich already have their reward, the middle class and poor do not so give them guys a raise, they pat more taxes proportionally with their paychecks than the rich.

Yeah, there ya go.

It's like crack... they give them a taste and hope they get hooked on it. Then they have a Dem voter for life.

Tax cuts are like crack rocks to the rich, they're so hooked on it that they think giving people raises is the equivalent of stealing their crack rocks. How can any fucktard support their bosses getting more money over themselves getting more money? Bosses don't make the companies the workers make the companies. Companies make insane amounts of cash off their workers and hate to give anything to the workers, the power of corporate greed you dumbass.

No no no no no boys. Thats not why the Democrats love raising minimum wage. This is why:

By doing so, they'll force the evil, greedy rich CEO's to pay the poor bottom level employees more, thus allowing those brave grocery baggers and french fry cooks to live better lives. And by forcing the CEO's to pay them more, the CEO's will in turn say "DANG IT I gotta pay them more. Oh well, I guess I'll pay them more, and keep all other operations, staffing and product pricing exactly as is and just cut the net difference out of my yearly pay."

Um........yeah, thats exactly how it goes too.

When employees wages are mandatorily raised by government regulation--employers lay off workers--(especially temporary or part time workers) to save on payroll costs. That is a FACT.

GEEZ--you liberals really need to take an economics 101 class one of these days. In fact, they should make it mandatory in high school.

Really? So they didn't need those workers in the first place? That makes no sense.

No no no no no boys. Thats not why the Democrats love raising minimum wage. This is why:

By doing so, they'll force the evil, greedy rich CEO's to pay the poor bottom level employees more, thus allowing those brave grocery baggers and french fry cooks to live better lives. And by forcing the CEO's to pay them more, the CEO's will in turn say "DANG IT I gotta pay them more. Oh well, I guess I'll pay them more, and keep all other operations, staffing and product pricing exactly as is and just cut the net difference out of my yearly pay."

When employees wages are mandatorily raised by government regulation--employers lay off workers--(especially temporary or part time workers) to save on payroll costs. That is a FACT.

GEEZ--you liberals really need to take an economics 101 class one of these days. In fact, they should make it mandatory in high school.

So I have, let's say, a convenience store, and I need 10 fulltime employees to cover all the shifts, and they're getting minimum wage, and then the minimum wage gets raised,

and I do what? Lay off three people? And who then works their shifts?

You know, the lower the minimum wage is, the more eligibility a person has for government safety net programs, food stamps etc.,

so the employer gets to profit from dirt cheap labor, and then YOU, the taxpayer, make up the difference to provide the person some semblance of a living wage.

You know, the lower the minimum wage is, the more eligibility a person has for government safety net programs, food stamps etc.,

so the employer gets to profit from dirt cheap labor, and then YOU, the taxpayer, make up the difference to provide the person some semblance of a living wage.

Living wage? What is that?

Really? So they didn't need those workers in the first place? That makes no sense.

:eek:

They needed the worker to make Profit = Revenue - Cost

Once Cost > Revenue there is no profit.

Do they teach this stuff in public school? I doubt it. #1. Teachers certainly never need to know it; #2. If they do know it, then they're not teaching; #3 if they are teaching, they probably assume its as common knowledge as wiping your ass.

Last edited:
I've made more since about 15yrs old so I have never worried about the min wage. I think its a racism thing with cons. If you can't afford to pay minimum wage your job/company is too shitty to hire.

Monthly Earnings that = Cell Phone Monthly Fees

Monthly Earnings that = Cell Phone Monthly Fees

I get it, the working class and poor don't need raises because they're going to waste it on cell phones and the rich don't blow any of their money on bullshit, guess that explains why they have so much money, right? Bullshit.

Forum List

Back