August 3

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
On 3 August Missouri voters will be the first in the nation to fight Obama care. Constitutional amendment SJR 25 (Missouri Health Care Freedom Act) will prohibit laws interfering with freedom of choice in health care.

A Cole County judge has dismissed a lawsuit that sought to stop an Aug. 3 ballot issue vote offering Missourians a chance to express their position on the nation's new health care act.

Current Bill Summary

SS/SCS/SJR 25 - Upon voter approval, this constitutional amendment provides that no federal law shall compel a patient, employer, or health care provider to participate in any government or privately run health care system, nor prohibit a patient or employer from paying directly for legal health care services.

This amendment does not affect laws or regulations in effect as of January 1, 2010, affect which health care services a health care provider is required to perform, affect which health care services are provided by law, or prohibit care provided under worker's compensation.

SJR25 - Prohibits laws interfering with freedom of choice in health care

Does it include a provision declining federal matching funds for the state Medicaid program? Let's go all in, folks.

"We don't want your socialized medicine Owe Bama! Keep your hands off my medicare!"

So it looks like not only are they not declining the federal money they currently get for Medicaid (63% of their tab), they're not rejecting the Medicaid expansions of the reform law and all that extra federal money that will be pouring into their state because of it.

Nor are they rejecting the consumer protections afforded to their exchange--they're not even rejecting the concept of a health insurance exchange itself. In fact, Missouri applied to receive federal funds for a high-risk pool that will be operated by the state with federal money to get coverage to people who couldn't get it anywhere else. Let's see if they go after the exchange planning grants HHS announced last week.

This is weak shit. Reject the law and the money, Missouri, or don't.

Does it include a provision declining federal matching funds for the state Medicaid program? Let's go all in, folks.
Stop the federal matching of funds Missouri will stop sending in funds to the feds.

Sounds good, they take $1.29 in federal money for every $1 they send to the feds anyway. Let them stick that in their meaningless nullification initiative. Go Galt, Missouri.

We'll miss you!

So it looks like not only are they not declining the federal money they currently get for Medicaid (63% of their tab), they're not rejecting the Medicaid expansions of the reform law and all that extra federal money that will be pouring into their state because of it.

Nor are they rejecting the consumer protections afforded to their exchange--they're not even rejecting the concept of a health insurance exchange itself. In fact, Missouri applied to receive federal funds for a high-risk pool that will be operated by the state with federal money to get coverage to people who couldn't get it anywhere else. Let's see if they go after the exchange planning grants HHS announced last week.

This is weak shit. Reject the law and the money, Missouri, or don't.

What they reject, what we all reject, is the Federal Government Claiming the Power to Mandate that we all Buy insurance from Private companies or pay a penalty oh I mean a tax, no a penalty err a tax..

You get my point.

We need to stop simply allowing the Fed to stretch it's powers beyond the constitution.

Period.

We need to stop simply allowing the Fed to stretch it's powers beyond the constitution.

Does that include Medicaid? Are we going to stop pumping federal money into these cash-strapped states to insure their poor and keep their hospitals running?

The health care industry is a big part of the economy is quite a few places, but let's stop funding 13% of it in Missouri. Let them vote on that.

Stop the federal matching of funds Missouri will stop sending in funds to the feds.

Sounds good, they take $1.29 in federal money for every $1 they send to the feds anyway. Let them stick that in their meaningless nullification initiative. Go Galt, Missouri.

We'll miss you!
No more federal income tax coming from Missouri no tax of any kind going to the feds. You want to do busniess with Missouri you have to pay for it.

Does that include Medicaid? Are we going to stop pumping federal money into these cash-strapped states to insure their poor and keep their hospitals running?

The health care industry is a big part of the economy is quite a few places, but let's stop funding 13% of it in Missouri. Let them vote on that.

Kill medicade and medicare put it back to where it use to be. In the hands of the church.

On 3 August Missouri voters will be the first in the nation to fight Obama care. Constitutional amendment SJR 25 (Missouri Health Care Freedom Act) will prohibit laws interfering with freedom of choice in health care.

A Cole County judge has dismissed a lawsuit that sought to stop an Aug. 3 ballot issue vote offering Missourians a chance to express their position on the nation's new health care act.

Article VI of the US Constitution:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

No more federal income tax coming from Missouri no tax of any kind going to the feds. You want to do busniess with Missouri you have to pay for it.

Perfect, I'm all for it--they should expand the ballot initiative to include that. I also think the feds should make a special waiver for Missouri if the initiative passes that exempts them from the mandate. No federal subsidies for people in the individual market and if they don't want to create an exchange they don't have to. Discontinue funds to the high-risk pool they're making, redirect any and all stimulus money slated to flow into the state, halt the FCC's projects to expand broadband throughout the state, disqualify their providers from receiving incentive payments to install electronic health record systems, disqualify them from receiving any grants under the reform law (including money to do tort reform), and so on.

The good news is, without the distortionary federal exemption on income taxes paid for employer-provided benefits, employers in Missouri won't have that incentive to keep offering coverage. Enjoy your unsubsidized, protection-less and exchange-less individual market, Missourians.

Now I really wish they'd gotten more ambitious with their nullification initiative.

It's like I said before, states that threaten to secede and things such as this are like the little kid threatening to run away from home with nothing but a suitcase full of legos. They won't be getting far on their own.

No more amusing than watching you silly fuckers attempt to punch holes in the floor with your feet whenever someone says something critical about the obama and/or the bullshit they're cramming through.

We'll miss you!

missouri takes more from the federal government than it pays.

mapstatestaxes.gif

still think your plan is a good one?

Last edited:

We'll miss you!

missouri takes more from the federal government than it pays.

mapstatestaxes.gif

still think your plan is a good one?
No more forced federal government regulation that money could be spent else where, I think they can do it. It would force all states to do what we first started out doing, Be sovereign independent states with a small central government.
Oh I question your chart how can Califorina spend less whenthey are going bankrupt?

Last edited:
No more forced federal government regulation that money could be spent else where, I think they can do it. It would force all states to do what we first started out doing, Be sovereign independent states with a small central government.

Sure. But you just withdrew Missouri from two programs that together provide health insurance to 27% of their population so the state--or, ah, the church--will probably have to sort that out first. And, as I mentioned earlier, much of the 54% of the state's population that gets insurance through an employer is probably going to have to start looking for it somewhere else very soon, as well. Missouri has been doing pretty impressive work with federal money to build a statewide health information exchange, but unfortunately we'll have to put an end to that.

What I'd really love to know is if they intend to ditch the (unpopular) individual mandate but retain the (popular) consumer protections in the reform law? And, if they do, who do they expect to save them when their insurance market enters a death spiral and implodes?

Oh I question your chart how can Califorina spend less whenthey are going bankrupt?

California pays more to the federal government than it gets back--that means some of its money is siphoned off and ends up in states like Missouri. But we won't have to worry about that when Missouri stops taking federal money.

Boy, now I actually have to remind myself that their ballot initiative isn't anywhere close to the repudiation of the federal government (and its cash) that I wish it was. In reality, they've still got both of their hands out.

Kill medicade and medicare put it back to where it use to be. In the hands of the church.

:lol:

Forum List

Back