Why Do Democrats Love Raising The Minimum Wage?

You know, the lower the minimum wage is, the more eligibility a person has for government safety net programs, food stamps etc.,

so the employer gets to profit from dirt cheap labor, and then YOU, the taxpayer, make up the difference to provide the person some semblance of a living wage.

Living wage? What is that?

Take how much money you're making now (in the off chance you actually work) and then start reducing that amount in your head until you get to the point where you say,

damn! I couldn't even live on that wage.

There, you just passed the 'living wage'.

Or, alternative method, use your fucking head and some common sense.

For me that would be a very high number. My 17 yo is fine @ minimum wage.

Try again.

Actually we think it is the non-working poor who are overpaid.

This has been proven to be bullshit time and time again, Bernie Madoff himself was more overpaid than all of the nonworking proof put together damn near and he was just one person. Poor people aren't living it up, is that the insane bullshit that rightwing fucktards force feed you?

Bernie Madoff was a thief. Just like some asshole stealing purses from old ladies.

Or are you stretching so far that you now say anybody with money is a "Bernie Madoff" type? Who's the fucktard spewing insane bullshit? Me thinkest it is you sir.

And he isn"t the only thief shithead, there are plenty of thieves, he was just the biggest one caught.

Actually we think it is the non-working poor who are overpaid.

In the light of everything you people have said in this thread, your response sounds retarded.

Only because you are too stupid to understand it.
If you make the incentive not to work greater than the incentive to work then people won't work. That's a problem, if you haven't figured it out yet. WHich you haven't.

Right. And if you keep the minimum wage down to where it pays less to work than to collect public assistance,

then you've accomplished that. So that in fact is what you favor.

This has been proven to be bullshit time and time again, Bernie Madoff himself was more overpaid than all of the nonworking proof put together damn near and he was just one person. Poor people aren't living it up, is that the insane bullshit that rightwing fucktards force feed you?

WTF does Bernie Madoff have to do with anything? Or are you just spewing Left-wing word salad phrases. Make sure to throw "BOOOSH" in there too.
You are too stupid to debate, not even worth the time to read your bullshit posts, much less respond to them. Iggy you go.

The point you gutless shithead is that the rich taken in more money through rip offs and cheap labor than the non-working poor get through government aid, Madoff is one example of a rich jerk off who took in insane amount of money through rip offs, 60 billiob in total by his damn self, the nonworking poor doesn't come close to topping that.

Madoff is bankrupt and in jail. He has no money. He probably has less money than you do. And unlike you, he doesn't even have his mom's couch in the basement to live off of.

Bernie Madoff was a thief. Just like some asshole stealing purses from old ladies.

Or are you stretching so far that you now say anybody with money is a "Bernie Madoff" type? Who's the fucktard spewing insane bullshit? Me thinkest it is you sir.

And he isn"t the only thief shithead, there are plenty of thieves, he was just the biggest one caught.

So?

You know, the lower the minimum wage is, the more eligibility a person has for government safety net programs, food stamps etc.,

so the employer gets to profit from dirt cheap labor, and then YOU, the taxpayer, make up the difference to provide the person some semblance of a living wage.

Take how much money you're making now (in the off chance you actually work) and then start reducing that amount in your head until you get to the point where you say,

:eusa_shhh:

In that case, I can't live without spending August in my Villa on the Cote de Azure.

Please send your check the Uncle Sam so that he can subsidize my "living wage,"

Thanks,
Samson

Was Madoff involved in some minimum wage scheme or something? He stole from some very wealthy people... you should embrace him!

Tha fact that grown men and women are worrying about a "minimum" wage is the problem. It hasn't been an issue in my life, or anyone's life that I know for decades.

Anyway... once you start guaranteeing a standard of living, I promise you thereis little incentive to improve one's life.

I'm calling bullshit again, underpaying people and keeping them in a lower standard of living gives little incentive for one to want to work hard period. Thats why we have unions. Underpaid people work longer harder hours for that extra money and there prodictivity helps the company to make more money than the overtime scraps the company pays out so the company still gets over.

Tha fact that grown men and women are worrying about a "minimum" wage is the problem. It hasn't been an issue in my life, or anyone's life that I know for decades.

Anyway... once you start guaranteeing a standard of living, I promise you thereis little incentive to improve one's life.

I'm calling bullshit again, underpaying people and keeping them in a lower standard of living gives little incentive for one to want to work hard period. Thats why we have unions. Underpaid people work longer harder hours for that extra money and there prodictivity helps the company to make more money than the overtime scraps the company pays out so the company still gets over.

But, but, I thought the war on poverty fixed all this? or, like everything else, do we ust need to throw more money at it?

In that case, I can't live without spending August in my Villa on the Cote de Azure.

Thanks,
Samson

Don't be an ass. Strive for something better than being an ass.

Was Madoff involved in some minimum wage scheme or something? He stole from some very wealthy people... you should embrace him!

And companies that demand and want more productivity an work from workers at cheap wages are thieves of the working proor class.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing it up.

So, how long have you been consumed by jealousy and hatred for anyone with $1 more than yourself?

Thanks,
Samson

I think it was a fitting response to your asinine premise.

Well, I must say that you do excell at "calling Bullshit."

I'm curious about this business of "keeping them in a lower standard of living."

How exactly does that work? Are you chained up somewhere? Should we alert the authorities?

cut long term unemployment benefits in half, same with food stamps, deport millions of illegals and the unemployment rate plumments.

Well, I must say that you do excell at "calling Bullshit."

I'm curious about this business of "keeping them in a lower standard of living."

How exactly does that work? Are you chained up somewhere? Should we alert the authorities?

Yes, they should be alerted, but for different reasons.

Try again.

Why would it be a very high number. 'Living wage' is not what you want, it's what you would need to get by.

Thanks,
Samson

Yeah, I thought you'd turn me down.

Ok, I'll settle for Satillite TV: Can't live without it. Please write a check to Uncle Sam to help subsidize my "Living Wage"

But, but, I thought the war on poverty fixed all this? or, like everything else, do we ust need to throw more money at it?

Soggy, you have got to be the dumbest piece of shit in this forum, we mind as well go back to slavery and take awqy all wages, great way to guarantee productivity because thw working proof are all lazy, mangy fucks looking for hand outs and the rich have worked their asses off.

Try again.

Why would it be a very high number. 'Living wage' is not what you want, it's what you would need to get by.

I need a high number to "get by". It's called a mortgage, private school tuition, insurance, taxes, savings, etc.

Forum List

Back