Playing Politics With The Economy

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
While both are playing politics, seems one is willing to hurt business to gain political leverage and it isn't the Republicans this time.

Dems, GOP maneuver on repeal - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

Dems, GOP maneuver on repeal
By: Jennifer Haberkorn
July 30, 2010 11:13 AM EDT

House Democrats proposed repealing a piece of the health care overhaul Friday, a move designed to thwart Republican efforts to do the same thing and declare an early victory in their efforts to repeal the whole law.

Democrats proposed repealing new IRS reporting requirements that small business has warned would be overly burdensome. But they attached a new tax on Americans conducting business overseas— essentially a poison pill for Republicans who are unlikely to support a new tax.

The Democrats hold the majority in the house, but it was brought up on a procedural rule requiring two-thirds support. It failed, 241-154, largely on party lines with Republicans in opposition.

It is nevertheless the first time Democrats have gone on record in support of repealing a piece of the health care law, which was passed just four months ago.

Oh boy!

I hope this is just a start. I'd love to see the Dems compete with the GOP to undo ObamaCare and the Financial Institutionalization of Too Big to Fail bills.

And did you see today Annie? The AP is reporting that "the government actually misread how long the recession lasted..............and it is responsible for the long period of high unemployment"

LOL.........OK.........so two months ago we were headed for the summer of bliss and now its shit. Looks like the AP is pooping in thier pants and has to do a bit of revisionist history on the economy.

Smart move though............there are plenty of dumbasses who will buy whatever the fcukk they print without giving it a second thought.

Actually Annie, seems to me both parties are playing politics here.

Do you know how many jobs the oil spill cost this country?

It is our dust bowl

Yep, like you skookerawack.

The Dems are going to be running against the GOP of 1994 to 2006 and the wierdness of Palin, Bachman, Limbaugh, et al in 2010; as a result, the Dems are going to easily maintain their majorities in Congress.

After these beatings, the GOP will get rid of you wacks, or the decent GOP will leave the party to you RINOs and start a Conservative Party.

You have trouble understanding that mainstream America hates you guys and your philosophy.

Actually Annie, seems to me both parties are playing politics here.

Both parties know that part is going to hurt small business and should be removed. The Dems are planning to add a tax on another aspect of business. That's playing politics and while both do it, it's wrong.

I've always believed in our system of government, with all its imperfections. Not so much anymore.

New Topics

Forum List

Back