Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Well, most christians believe that we are born with original sin on our souls. Oh, wait.. that's not exactly whatCatholics believe (not sure of others). We are born with the stain of original sin on our souls. That means that when our ancestors fell, our very nature fell... Sin is egregious (libs say something else but they can go back to Politics and be libs all they want...)

Anyhow, baptism washes away that stain.

And even then we see how evil people can be, even after being baptized. :( We are born LOST. Only Jesus can help us to find our way... by following HIS way.

Jesus is God

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

Well, most christians believe that we are born with original sin on our souls. Oh, wait.. that's not exactly whatCatholics believe (not sure of others). We are born with the stain of original sin on our souls. That means that when our ancestors fell, our very nature fell... Sin is egregious (libs say something else but they can go back to Politics and be libs all they want...)

And even then we see how evil people can be, even after being baptized. :( We are born LOST. Only Jesus can help us to find our way... by following HIS way.

Jesus is God

if jesus is god....who was he praying to in the garden that night?....

Jesus is God

The origin of baptizing comes from the Jews. The purification rites in Halakha, Jewish law and tradition, called tvilah. Old Testament prophets used water as an outward symbol for internal cleansing (Isa. 1:16; Ezek. 36:25;

Jesus is God

I believe the end of that quote only condemns those who don't believe, not those who aren't baptized.

if jesus is god....who was he praying to in the garden that night?....
This is one of those things that can never be rectified by main stream Christians, including Catholics. They have no knowledge of what "God" really is. Pretty much the same with all other religions as well including Jehovah Witnesses (especially). If I said, do all things in the name of God, what would be his name? Jehovah? Elohim? Jesus? Allah? See, "God" is a title, not a name. When you understand this, then you can begin to realize that there is a Godhead of three. Not one personage that magically splits or shapeshifts into one of the three. Jesus heard his father's voice at his baptism. He also saw the Holy Ghost descend as to be flying like a dove (not a dove). These three are members of the Godhead of this, our universe. Father God, Son God, Holy Ghost God.
In any event, Jesus said that to enter into his Kingdom in Heaven, we have to be baptized by water and the Holy Ghost. Belief, like faith, is dead without works. Works are the "Ordinances" of Salvation and Exaltation.

God is every extant attribute of reality.
I'm stating what the word itself refers to. It refers to king of this universe and His two vice-kings. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. God is actually better represented with the word "Godhead." Like a Presidency of 3. The President and his two councilors.

This is one of those things that can never be rectified by main stream Christians, including Catholics. They have no knowledge of what "God" really is. Pretty much the same with all other religions as well including Jehovah Witnesses (especially). If I said, do all things in the name of God, what would be his name? Jehovah? Elohim? Jesus? Allah? See, "God" is a title, not a name. When you understand this, then you can begin to realize that there is a Godhead of three. Not one personage that magically splits or shapeshifts into one of the three. Jesus heard his father's voice at his baptism. He also saw the Holy Ghost descend as to be flying like a dove (not a dove). These three are members of the Godhead of this, our universe. Father God, Son God, Holy Ghost God.
In any event, Jesus said that to enter into his Kingdom in Heaven, we have to be baptized by water and the Holy Ghost. Belief, like faith, is dead without works. Works are the "Ordinances" of Salvation and Exaltation.
There are 8 billion people in the world. We are all God'd children. 2.3 billion identify as Christian. All those Christians do not feel that baptism is necessary to go heaven.. Many who believe Jesus is the son of God believe people who believe in God but do not acknowledge you must believe in Jesus to go to heaven.
With that said. Of God's 8 billion people in the world only 2.3 billion people have a chance for heaven abnd 5.7 billion of God's children do not have a chance for heaven.

There are 8 billion people in the world. We are all God'd children. 2.3 billion identify as Christian. All those Christians do not feel that baptism is necessary to go heaven.. Many who believe Jesus is the son of God believe people who believe in God but do not acknowledge you must believe in Jesus to go to heaven.
With that said. Of God's 8 billion people in the world only 2.3 billion people have a chance for heaven abnd 5.7 billion of God's children do not have a chance for heaven.
Those are old apostasy concepts. That way, fear drives a person to believe and be baptized instead of love and confirmation by the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ. So, here are 3 scriptures that Jesus would like you to know about:
1 1 Peter 318-21 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison."
2. 1 Peter 4:6 "For this cause the gospel preached also to them that are DEAD, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."
3. 1 Corinthians 15:29 "Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? Why are they then baptized for the dead?"

These 3 mean that if a Church doesn't preach these two things, they teach false doctrine that 5.7 billion are doomed to not get into Heaven. Most people who have lived in the world won't even have heard of Jesus Christ let alone learned His fulness of doctrine. That's not just. So, the Godhead of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost have made it possible to be judged by learning the Gospel in spirit prison awaiting their judgment and resurrected having the opportunity to accept the gospel and have someone living on earth do their baptism for them in their name as stated in 1Cor. 15:29. Now, do you know of any Christian church that teaches and administers this? I do. There is but one.

Jesus is God

We are not born lost. The atonement of Jesus Christ covers original sin and we become in our infant state innocent before God.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:38-39
38 Every spirit of man was innocent in the beginning; and God having redeemed man from the fall, men became again, in their infant state, innocent before God.
39 And that wicked one cometh and taketh away light and truth, through disobedience, from the children of men, and because of the tradition of their fathers.

Moroni 8:8, 12, 22
8 Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me.
12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!
22 For behold that all little children are alive in Christ, and also all they that are without the law. For the power of redemption cometh on all them that have no law; wherefore, he that is not condemned, or he that is under no condemnation, cannot repent; and unto such baptism availeth nothing—

Doctrine and Covenants 29:46
46 But behold, I say unto you, that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world through mine Only Begotten;

Salvation of Little Children

• See also Children; Conceived in Sin
  • Except ye … become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom, Matt. 18:3.
  • little children … Christ atoneth for their sins, Mosiah 3:16.
  • little children also have eternal life, Mosiah 15:25.
  • all little children are alive in Christ, Moro. 8:22.
  • unless he has arrived unto the years of accountability, D&C 20:71.
  • children are redeemed … through mine Only Begotten, D&C 29:46.
  • children shall grow up without sin unto salvation, D&C 45:58.
  • children shall be baptized … when eight years old, D&C 68:27 (68:25–28).
  • children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement, D&C 74:7.
  • men became again, in their infant state, innocent, D&C 93:38.
  • all children who die before … accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom, D&C 137:10.
  • children … are whole from the foundation of the world, Moses 6:54.
  • See also Matt. 19:14; Mark 9:37; 10:16.

I'm stating what the word itself refers to. It refers to king of this universe and His two vice-kings. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. God is actually better represented with the word "Godhead." Like a Presidency of 3. The President and his two councilors.
No, you stated that main stream Christians, including Catholics have no knowledge of what "God" really is. I replied with God is every extant attribute of reality.

No, you stated that main stream Christians, including Catholics have no knowledge of what "God" really is. I replied with God is every extant attribute of reality.
Yours makes no sense. God the Father is not so big as to fill the universe and yet so small he can dwell in your heart.

Churches that practice infant baptism often hold that baptism is how a person receives the Holy Spirit. They base this belief on Peter’s words in Acts 2:38: “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” According to many paedobaptists, baptism sets the child apart and secures salvation. They also cite household baptisms in the New Testament as evidence that whole families were saved and baptized (assuming that children and babies were included), and not just adults (see Acts 11:14; 16:15, 33; 18:8; 1 Corinthians 1:16). But this assumption goes beyond what the text of the Bible says.

Neither infant baptism nor adult baptism can save a person. We are saved by grace through faith and not by works (Romans 3:28; 4:5; 5:1; Ephesians 1:13; 2:8–9; Galatians 2:16; 3:24; Philippians 3:9). It does not matter if you were baptized by immersion, pouring, or sprinkling—if you have not first trusted in Christ for salvation, baptism (no matter the method) is insufficient to save.

If Christian parents wish to dedicate their child to Christ, a baby dedication service is appropriate, but there is no biblical mandate or example of baptizing a baby. Whether an infant is dedicated or baptized or both, he or she will, at some point in the future, still have to make a personal decision to repent of sin and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Jesus is God

Surely it's just one of those pointless things people do to make them feel like they're doing something.

Forum List

Back