Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

Well, most christians believe that we are born with original sin on our souls.

And forget often the original innocence of our soul. Sins are only a "stain on the white waistcoat".

Oh, wait.. that's not exactly whatCatholics believe

By the way: What catholic clerics say what's good for Catholics to believe and what a single Catholic believes (even if he is on his own the clerics who says so) is not always the same. Nevertheless all Catholics belong together.

(not sure of others). We are born with the stain of original sin on our souls.

Exactly "on our souls" and not "in our souls" - that's a very important difference. Everyone has always a chance. But sometimes ... I fear the worst for some people.

That means that when our ancestors fell, our very nature fell...

And this is wrong. Analogy: When a nuclear war will destroy nearly all human beings then this not automatically means heaven is an empty place only because Earth became a hell.

Sin is egregious (libs say something else but they can go back to Politics and be libs all they want...)

Anyhow, baptism washes away that stain.

In my analogy babtism is more a kind of dirt-repellent, sin-repellent, coating. Baptism makes it more easy to [let] wash the sins away. The word "coating" - is in this picture not so good because it is more a kind of inter-individuell common coating. All people who are baptized belong together. This maximizes the volume and minimizes the relation surface/volume. Take a dice as an example. A dice has 1 volume and 6 sides (surface). A bigger dice made with 8 such little dices has 8 volumes and 4*6=24 outer surfaces (and 24 inner surfaces) and not 48 outer surfaces. The relation of volume (content) and outer surface is better. This is the characteristics of multi-cellular life. And life is also what's in the centre of the Christian religion: love and life in god's natural and spiritual creation. God is, good is, what helps all and every life. And sin not helps in our spiritual life ... and also not in our natural life.

And even then we see how evil people can be, even after being baptized. :( We are born LOST. Only Jesus can help us to find our way... by following HIS way.

Sorry. But what you say here is true and wrong the same time - is modest and arrogant the same time. Jesus for example is able to be a friend of a Buddhist. I do not say it is so - but only Jesus and no one else is deciding who is his "friend" and who not. He is way, truth and life. Not I am this - not you are this. Jesus is this. This is what we Christians believe. And I think we shoud always let Jesus be Jesus and let him make his own godly decisions.

Jesus is God

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

By the way. "To wash sins away" call we normally "to go to confession". I like in this context very much the motto of the oracle in Delphi: "Recognise yourself and ... God within you"

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense that God is incorporeal.

Jesus never was and also not is incorporeal. We believe in a spiritual transformation and [re]surrection - in another kind of body but not in immateriality. And to say something about the creator god (God father) is nearly impossible. God could theoretically for example not exist and decide to exist in 5 minutes - and this since ever and forever.

Last edited:

You love empty phrases. What have Mormons to do with what? Mormons baptize dead people - what's a senseless unchristian nonsense. And what was rejected by "the early Christians" whoever this had been in this context? Reliable source please.

And you here say God father - the creator god who created the world out of nothing - is a human being? Sure is god and Jesus the same - so god has a body - nevertheless exist very good reasons why we speak about the triune god. This avoids paradoxa. Or do you really think god father had a human body when he created the world and transcended even the nothing?

PS: It's by the way not important for the Christian faith whether god made the world out of nothing or in another way. But up to now no one found any better explanation and this fits perfectly with natural science.

Last edited:
Jesus never was and also not is incorporeal. We believe in a spiritual transformation and [re]surrection - in another kind of body but not in immateriality. And to say something about the creator god (God father) is nearly impossible. God could theoretically for example not exist and decide to exist in 5 minutes - and this since ever and forever.
The Scriptures say Jesus is the Creator.

You love empty phrases. What have Mormons to do with what? Mormons baptize dead people - what's a senseless unchristian nonsense. And what was rejected by "the early Christians" whoever this had been in this context? Reliable source please.

And you here say God father - the creator god who created the world out of nothing - is a human being? Sure is god and Jesus the same - so god has a body - nevertheless exist very good reasons why we speak about the triune god. This avoids paradoxa. Or do you really think god father had a human body when he created the world and transcended even the nothing?

PS: It's by the way not important for the Christian faith whether god made the world out of nothing or in another way. But up to now no one found any better explanation and this fits perfectly with natural science.

Origen​

“Since our mind is in itself unable to behold God as he is, it knows the Father of the universe from the beauty of his works and from the elegance of his creatures. God, therefore, is not to be thought of as being either a body or as existing in a body, but as a simple intellectual being, admitting within himself no addition of any kind” (Fundamental Doctrines 1:1:6 [A.D. 225]).

Origen​

“Since our mind is in itself unable to behold God as he is, it knows the Father of the universe from the beauty of his works and from the elegance of his creatures. God, therefore, is not to be thought of as being either a body or as existing in a body, but as a simple intellectual being, admitting within himself no addition of any kind” (Fundamental Doctrines 1:1:6 [A.D. 225]).

Superidiot, did you not recognize that all that all this peope said nearly the same what I said? I made only a little mistake because I thought you quoted all this very old stuff for to say "god has a body". And all this people made a moistake ebcaesu "psitsdi,sustek a mistake

who was god praying to in the garden?....the ultimate being has someone he prays too?...
When Jesus came to earth He took on flesh and became a man. He experienced every temptation as a man. He prayed to his Father as a man. The Book of Revelation first chapter Jesus says He is God. John 1:1says Jesus is God. Do you need more?

When Jesus came to earth He took on flesh and became a man. He experienced every temptation as a man. He prayed to his Father as a man. The Book of Revelation first chapter Jesus says He is God. John 1:1says Jesus is God. Do you need more?
so he prayed to himself?.....and show me were john 1-1 says that....

so he prayed to himself?.....and show me were john 1-1 says that....
He prayed to His Father. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. God in three persons. The Gospel of John 1:1.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

who was god praying to in the garden?....the ultimate being has someone he prays too?...
A Oneness Pentecostal once explained it this way. The Word of God became man. Man has limits. Picture a bubble floating in the air. It is filled with air to its limits, floating in the immensity of air. Same air, but the bubble is limited.

Picture Jesus, in his humanity with those limits, reaching outside those limits for the comfort and strength of God that is and yet expands beyond his own human limitations.

Forum List

Back