Zone1 Why Catholics focus on Mary - and NOT to the exclusion of Jesus

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Mary was created by God (no, it does not go w/o saying w/ some folks here)

Mary was created to be the mother of Jesus Christ, who is God, which is why Catholics call her Mother of God (no, they do not believe she gave birth to the entire trinity, just the human/God Jesus)

She is what we should be attempting to attain to: pure, centered on God's will and not man's will, never burdened by original sin, saved by Jesus BEFORE she was conceived (God can do these things, amazingly)

She exposes the human heart, especially to those who give her theirs

She gets us to focus on Christ and His ways, not our own

What about Joseph?

Can a brother throw out a few hail Josephs?

Why do dads always play a second fiddle?

What about Joseph?

Can a brother throw out a few hail Josephs?

Why do dads always play a second fiddle?
Please. In case you haven't noticed, it is and always has been a MAN's world. feminism did not change much

Protestants likely ditch Mary because they have been formed by their pastors and their Protestant traditions to be a misogynist (not having Mary around can do that to you)

Please. In case you haven't noticed, it is and always has been a MAN's world. feminism did not change much

Protestants likely ditch Mary because they have been formed by their pastors and their Protestant traditions to be a misogynist (not having Mary around can do that to you)
1702073625884.png

Hail Joseph, full of grace!!

It was the Catholic Church that turned Mary Magdalene into a hooker.
I think the Catholic Church tends to put the mother of Jesus on the same level as Jesus, almost to the point of idolization. Protestants don't do that.

OMG

Are you ... like 10 years old?

:banghead:
Are you?
In the 2,000 years since Mary Magdalene is said to have watched Jesus Christ die on the cross, she's been labeled many things. The label “prostitute” has stuck fast for centuries, ever since Pope Gregory I first pronounced her a “sinful woman” in the year 591, defying evidence to the contrary in the canonical Gospels.

A millennia long industry created out of an attempt to hide an affair. What a naughty girl.

Are you?
In the 2,000 years since Mary Magdalene is said to have watched Jesus Christ die on the cross, she's been labeled many things. The label “prostitute” has stuck fast for centuries, ever since Pope Gregory I first pronounced her a “sinful woman” in the year 591, defying evidence to the contrary in the canonical Gospels.
Have you forgotten Jesus cast something like 7 demons out of her?

No need. Not real fond of dogma...
I'll bet if you were the target of a government's mandate that you be euthanized (Canada comes to mind), you would begin to appreciate the Catholic dogma of "all human life is sacred from cradle to grave"

It was the Catholic Church that turned Mary Magdalene into a hooker.
could it be that women decide to become hookers on their own?

But everyone has to say bad things about the Catholic Church and this sounded like a good way to do that to you, I guess

sheez

:rolleyes:

Mary was created by God (no, it does not go w/o saying w/ some folks here)

Mary was created to be the mother of Jesus Christ, who is God, which is why Catholics call her Mother of God (no, they do not believe she gave birth to the entire trinity, just the human/God Jesus)

She is what we should be attempting to attain to: pure, centered on God's will and not man's will, never burdened by original sin, saved by Jesus BEFORE she was conceived (God can do these things, amazingly)

She exposes the human heart, especially to those who give her theirs

She gets us to focus on Christ and His ways, not our own
a lot of catholicism : the trinity, the virgin birth, heaven are kind of mysteries, spiritual things that i will never understand. the church is generally a force for good in the world but, of course, has corrupt elements that must be reformed.

i had other reasons to leave the church, but the english mass does nothing for me. god speaks to me in latin.

a lot of catholicism : the trinity, the virgin birth, heaven are kind of mysteries, spiritual things that i will never understand.
Well said. I heard a homily given on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary this year, that noted the correlation of Adam and Eve to Mary's conception.

Recall Paul calling Jesus the new Adam. In the Fall, Eve decided to disobey God's command, and called Adam over to join her. Adam decided to disobey as well.

Look at the symmetry of the stories of Adam and Eve then of Jesus and Mary. Mary's response was, "I am the handmaiden of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to his will." She chose obedience, and all through the Gospels we see Jesus doing the same. He said time and again he was doing the will of the Father.

Woman and man choosing disobedience. Woman and man choosing obedience. Symmetry.

On the cross, Jesus gave his mother to John--i.e. the Apostles, the Church. And John took her into his home.

We come to Marian appearances, Mary who is obedient to the will of God. Mary's appearances all contain these three major points, all in obedience to God:
  • The call to repentance
  • The call for penance
  • The call to pray the Rosary
The call to pray the Rosary...comes from God. The call to take his mother into our homes comes from Jesus. Each should ponder: How to respond to these calls.

m
could it be that women decide to become hookers on their own?

But everyone has to say bad things about the Catholic Church and this sounded like a good way to do that to you, I guess

sheez

:rolleyes:
i am
Well said. I heard a homily given on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary this year, that noted the correlation of Adam and Eve to Mary's conception.

Recall Paul calling Jesus the new Adam. In the Fall, Eve decided to disobey God's command, and called Adam over to join her. Adam decided to disobey as well.

Look at the symmetry of the stories of Adam and Eve then of Jesus and Mary. Mary's response was, "I am the handmaiden of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to his will." She chose obedience, and all through the Gospels we see Jesus doing the same. He said time and again he was doing the will of the Father.

Woman and man choosing disobedience. Woman and man choosing obedience. Symmetry.

On the cross, Jesus gave his mother to John--i.e. the Apostles, the Church. And John took her into his home.

We come to Marian appearances, Mary who is obedient to the will of God. Mary's appearances all contain these three major points, all in obedience to God:
  • The call to repentance
  • The call for penance
  • The call to pray the Rosary
The call to pray the Rosary...comes from God. The call to take his mother into our homes comes from Jesus. Each should ponder: How to respond to these calls.
very interested in marian appearances. i took my grandmother to lourdes and have been to fatima. these are very interesting occurrances with incredible similarity over centuries.

a lot of catholicism : the trinity, the virgin birth, heaven are kind of mysteries, spiritual things that i will never understand. the church is generally a force for good in the world but, of course, has corrupt elements that must be reformed.

i had other reasons to leave the church, but the english mass does nothing for me. god speaks to me in latin.
well, I can't speak on that last thing. I've heard words in my head in response to Qs I ask from God but I can't prove it is really from God. I tend to feel strongly, at times, that those words are from Him (Jesus) but.... i can't prove it even to myself.

Forum List

Back