Zone1 Why are Jehovah Witnesses SO closed-minded to anything not written by the JWs?

Clapping Applause GIF - Clapping Applause Bravo - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

You left the 'S' off in your copy/paste.

in short JWs try to shove their literature on you

but refuse to look at your info/experience.

kind of like this board.. lol

I mean, there are a lot of people who don't u/stand Catholicism but act like they are experts. Next, they will be opening a consulting firm on the topic

lol

People should live in their own faith and not worry so much about other people's beliefs. Just my two cents worth
Jesus said to spread the gospel

those who believe and are baptised will be saved. The unbelievers, not

Jesus said to spread the gospel

those who believe and are baptised will be saved. The unbelievers, not
And you’re complaining about JWs shoving their beliefs down your throat when you say stuff like the above?

It’s simply YOUR religion. Others have different religions and different beliefs.

I have had encounters w/ JWs throughout my life. Most of the time, no matter what facts you give them.. facts about the history of Christianity or related matters, they argue, argue, argue... and won't even discuss the topics you bring up, to s peak of... except to refer you back to their literature, which I gave up on validating in any way long years ago...

For one thing, the JWs don't believe in eternal punishment after an unrepentant sinner dies. That is a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ who used those EXACT words (Mt 25:31-46)

Also, they do not believe Jesus is God. But Jesus SAID He is God--

a little problem there

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" Jesus said

He also said: "The Father and I are one"

He also said this:

Romans 2:1-3 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

I have been in Christ's Presence

many t imes

Even Francis doesn't seem to have the power to get rid of the Real Presence... Would he if he could?

God knows
I have felt the presence of Christ through the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have also felt the presence of the devil through the presence of his demons.

What an obnoxious thing to say to a practicing Jew!

And I seriously doubt he said that. No practicing Jew would say such a thing. We are equal in the eyes of Gd.

But you believe the way you want, and I’ll believe the way I want. We both can get to Heaven if we behave like good people.

But that is the difference between Judaism and Christianity.

Judaism claims God only cares about the Jews.
Christianity says God cares about everyone so long as they embrace Jesus.

Which is why there are less than 20 million Jews and 2 Billion Christians.

To my mind, it's all a little absurd, because on the off chance there is a God, I doubt he really cares what house of worship you grovel in.

But that is the difference between Judaism and Christianity.

Judaism claims God only cares about the Jews.
Christianity says God cares about everyone so long as they embrace Jesus.

Which is why there are less than 20 million Jews and 2 Billion Christians.

To my mind, it's all a little absurd, because on the off chance there is a God, I doubt he really cares what house of worship you grovel in.
Wow. Your Jew-hate really distorts things.

Judaism says that Gd cares about all, and all have a path to Heaven, regardless of what religion one follows.

Again, your are so antisemitic that you said you would never hire a Jew, and then scold other people for bigotry.

I rest my case!

Notice not one mention of anything I said! Just a lot of

Here, take this JW info!
I shared with you a few x how Jesus the one you claim to follow told his not to call any man FATHER, that there is only 1 spiritual Father= God, Yet your religion tells Jesus where he can go by doing the opposite and calling the priests father and calling the Pope holy Father elevating himself into Gods position. Only the blind cannot see it. They refuse to listen to Jesus= sad.

Wow. Your Jew-hate really distorts things.

Judaism says that Gd cares about all, and all have a path to Heaven, regardless of what religion one follows.

Again, your are so antisemitic that you said you would never hire a Jew, and then scold other people for bigotry.

I've had other Jews tell me they don't believe in an afterlife at all. Just living on in the memory of their loved ones. Seems to me you all need to get your story straight.

You God Botherers have been murdering each other for the last 2000 years over whether or not Jesus is made of Stale Wafers, so your take is your take.
Considering murder and war are human conditions that cross all race and creed, that's pretty selective on your part. You seem pretty bitter about religion too. So, you aren't exactly an impartial observer.

Name calling is usually the first step in the demonization process. You might want to do a little self reflecting before you say - or do - the wrong thing to the wrong person.

But putting that aside, like I said, that's not my take on it. And since I have studied all the major religions, and looked at each in its best light, I'm light years ahead of you.

Last edited:
Considering murder and war are human conditions that cross all race and creed, that's pretty selective on your part. You seem pretty bitter about religion too. So, you aren't exactly an impartial observer.

War is always regrettable. But war over territory or national defense is understandable. War over how many sacraments there are or whether the Pope is infallible is not.

Name calling is usually the first step in the demonization process. You might want to do a little self reflecting before you say - or do - the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Most people tend to be afraid of me IRL, so I don't worry about that too much.
But I can honestly say, I've never tortured a heretic, started a holy war, burned a witch at the stake, or did anything else that "organized" religion has done.

But putting that aside, like I said, that's not my take on it. And since I have studied all the major religions, and looked at each in its best light, I'm light years ahead of you.
You've spent more time studying backward superstitions doesn't make them anything other than backward superstitions.

Here was my test for religion. "God Please let my Mom's cancer get better."

It didn't.

No God.

War is always regrettable. But war over territory or national defense is understandable. War over how many sacraments there are or whether the Pope is infallible is not.

Most people tend to be afraid of me IRL, so I don't worry about that too much.
But I can honestly say, I've never tortured a heretic, started a holy war, burned a witch at the stake, or did anything else that "organized" religion has done.

You've spent more time studying backward superstitions doesn't make them anything other than backward superstitions.

Here was my test for religion. "God Please let my Mom's cancer get better."

It didn't.

No God.
You put way to much importance on religion in my opinion. As for your overconfidence, that's classic dunning effect. Given the 300 million firearms in America, you might want to reconsider your invincibility. But I'm not surprised that you are a bully in the physical sense because you act like a bully here too.

That's about the dumbest test I've ever heard and it can only be based upon the dumbest perception of God possible.

You put way to much importance on religion in my opinion. As for your overconfidence, that's classic dunning effect. Given the 300 million firearms in America, you might want to reconsider your invincibility. But I'm not surprised that you are a bully in the physical sense because you act like a bully here too.

No, I'm just very large and kind of imposing. People who know me in person know I'm a pretty nice guy.

I worry all the time that we have too many guns in the hands of crazy people, but I worry more about school kids and theatergoers than myself.

As for putting too much importance on religion, to quote Michael Corleone, "

I would be happy to never worry about religion again. But you all keep trying to impose your religion on the rest of us, so here we are.

That's about the dumbest test I've ever heard and it can only be based upon the dumbest perception of God possible.
It was the only one to me that mattered at the time.

12 years of putting up with Catholic nonsense and crazy nuns and priests who you didn't want to be left alone in a room with, there'd better be a payoff.

Forum List

Back