Why Connor Lamb Won

I don't think most of that had anything to do with his win. That's just the reality you want.

• Banned
I don't think most of that had anything to do with his win. That's just the reality you want.
I’m just listing the facts. I know they confuse you.
But you’re right there was another major reason. The strong anti Trump sentiment even in coal and steel country.

Lamb won, first of all, because of the persona he projected: it was convincing and caring. Saccone looked like a mobster in comparison.

Lamb won, second of all, because his position were acceptable to a majority of voters.

Lamb won, third of all, because blood red PA 18 could not bring enough votes to support Trump's candidate.

They decided Trump is too weak.

I like Lamb's platform...would be nice to see it reflected in Democrat's national platform.

• Banned
Let's make this simple, Lamb won because he is a democrat and the republican party is now the party of stupid when they aren't giving tax breaks to the rich. The fool quoted below has a lot to do with it too if your mind is not frozen solid.

"The 64 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's untethered Pennsylvania speech"

Trump's Pennsylvania speech: 64 most outrageous lines - CNNPolitics

Conor Lamb campaigned:
1. For universal health care
2. Against Trump’s tax cut
3. For expanded background checks
4. For stronger unions
5. Against cuts to Social Security
6. For a woman’s right to choose
7. For medical marijuana

I'm pretty sure you're correct about 1 through 5 and number 7. I think he's anti-choice. though I could be wrong.

How many points in my OP list does Trump support?
Lamb is for Trump's tariffs he is a member of the NRA he promised to work with Trump he supports Trump's tax cuts and said he liked the Judge Trump appointed to the Supreme court and he is strongly against sanctuary cities and supports deportation of illegal alien criminals...And he supports the wall...

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump

Not really. He remained relatively neutral on Trump.
Because Trump won his district by 20 points. In the next election he won't have the GOP's criminal gerrymandering to deal with.

I think the Dems need to move beyond the Republican playbook of "anti-" - they need to forumulate a coherent message that goes beyond "Trump is horrible" (even though I agree) if they want to build on this.

I’m just listing the facts. I know they confuse you.
But you’re right there was another major reason. The strong anti Trump sentiment even in coal and steel country.

He was appointed to that race, and did not have to compete against the regular, left wing extremists....

He ran as a pro-life, pro-gun, against an assault weapon ban, for Trump's tariffs, never attacked or insulted Trump, attacked nancy pelosi......he supports coal and fracking.....

He ran as a Trump republican.

Forum List

Back