Why Connor Lamb Won

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump

Not really. He remained relatively neutral on Trump.
Because Trump won his district by 20 points. In the next election he won't have the GOP's criminal gerrymandering to deal with.

I think the Dems need to move beyond the Republican playbook of "anti-" - they need to forumulate a coherent message that goes beyond "Trump is horrible" (even though I agree) if they want to build on this.
Maybe for 2020. Right now, the metaphorical asteroid is still speeding towards Earth and all I care about is stopping it.

I don't think most of that had anything to do with his win. That's just the reality you want.
I’m just listing the facts. I know they confuse you.
But you’re right there was another major reason. The strong anti Trump sentiment even in coal and steel country.

He was appointed to that race, and did not have to compete against the regular, left wing extremists....

He ran as a pro-life, pro-gun, against an assault weapon ban, for Trump's tariffs, never attacked or insulted Trump, attacked nancy pelosi......he supports coal and fracking.....

He ran as a Trump republican.
Glad you support him. Saccone was a real asshole.

Lamb shit-holed Nancy Peolosi and embraced Trump's policies while pretending to be liberal. That is the DNC's strategy this election cycle. Trump is a winner and they know it..

If the dems were filled with Lamb's the government would run better...the nuts in the democrat party's days are numbered...a more centrist democrat party could end up being another win for the Donald...and a win for America...it's time for the Pelosi's and Schumer's to go...

Lamb is a soft spoken Trumpster..............check out his speeches......

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump

Because Trump won his district by 20 points. In the next election he won't have the GOP's criminal gerrymandering to deal with.

I think the Dems need to move beyond the Republican playbook of "anti-" - they need to forumulate a coherent message that goes beyond "Trump is horrible" (even though I agree) if they want to build on this.

as soon as republicans start doing their job and stop covering for a criminal.

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump

Paul Ryan just wants to get his agenda passed and trumps antics are slowing things down but trust me they’ve already did plenty of damage with appointments, executive orders and deregulation

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump

Paul Ryan just wants to get his agenda passed and trumps antics are slowing things down but trust me they’ve already did plenty of damage with appointments, executive orders and deregulation

oh definitely.

Donald has destroyed the judiciary for a generation.

I like Lamb's platform...would be nice to see it reflected in Democrat's national platform.

Lamb tried to pass himself off as a conservative, why would any far left drone like him?

Also he denounced Pelosi, maybe that is the real reason he won..

A hint of things to come for the far left, that it is time to move the Dems back to the center and not be so far to the left.

Conor Lamb won because:

1. He'll oppose Trump
Or he will go along if trump compromises which he will if you believe what he wrote in his book.

Trumps the most liberal republican since reagan

And yet you far left drones are here support someone who ran as a conservative and denounced the far left religion, such one of the ranking leaders Pelosi.

Another nail in the coffin of the far left religion.

Considering how close the election was, he won because he was better looking than Saccone. I guarantee you he got a few thousand "Ooooh he's cute" votes.
Trump won by 22. Something’s wrong and you cons refuse to acknowledge it
I can't acknowledge what I do not see. Enlighten me, what exactly is wrong with America now? Looks pretty awesome to me!

I don't think most of that had anything to do with his win. That's just the reality you want.
I’m just listing the facts. I know they confuse you.

No, you are listening to the voices in your head and they are confusing you
I see you couldn’t even list one point where I was wrong. You’re obviously not very bright but that seems to be a prerequite to be a mod here.

Oh, I can. I just don't typically waste my time on partisan extremists like yourself.

The 18th district is a socially conservative, economic populist district and Conor Lamb tapped into that better than Rick Saccone did. He ran as a strong supporter of unions, which are popular among the blue collar demographic in that part of the state. He also ran to the right and made a point of emphasizing he would be representative of the district and not San Fran Nan, whom he said he will not support as Speaker. He didn't harp on fanatical dogma like climate change, in the middle of coal country. He opposes gun control. He is a young, handsome marine, and had a great fund raising machine behind him. He also comes from a strong political family.

Saccone is old, low energy, and anti-union which doesn't play well around those parts. His fund raising efforts were anemic. The national party was criticizing him weeks ago for not taking the race as seriously as he should. Tim Murphy was the perfect balance of social conservatism and strong union rights which is why no Democrats could ever touch him. Combine all of this with Trump's polarization, I'm surprised Lamb didn't win by more.

Even Trump couldn't stomach Saccone.
Saccone thought Lamb was young and thought he could change the world .. also said Democrats hate God. Saccone is a fool, reciting con stupidity.

Forum List

Back