Who Can Forgive Your Sins?

Did the thief on the cross recall a litany of his sins and ask for forgiveness, prior to going to Paradise with Christ?
He acknowledged that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and asked Jesus to remember him. He had a heart for the Lord. And was saved.
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered.

Did the lost sheep give an account of it's sins before the Shepherd agreed to picked it up and set it on His shoulders? The sheep cried out for the Shepherd, and was saved.

When we accept Christ into our hearts, our name is written in the Book of Life. Your place at our Father's table is reserved. Will you sin after that? Most assuredly. We sin and don't even recognize that fact at times. Which is why we are covered by the blood that was shed on the cross. One who believes in Christ has no sin in God's eyes. Their sins were dealt with on the cross and remembered NO MORE. That includes yesterdays sins and tomorrow's sins. When God looks at one of his children, He sees His Son, Jesus instead. THAT was the exchange that took place on that cross. He became us on the cross. We became Him in our lives. And no one can pluck you out of His hand.

Having said that, you can remove yourself from His hand by understanding who Christ is and simply choosing not to accept His gift of propitiation, and opting to follow your father Satan instead. That is our free will, and God will leave us to it.

If we belong to Christ, our hearts don't want to keep Him on that cross indefinitely paying for our sins. So Christians try not to grieve Christ by sinning with impunity. Nevertheless, if you have sinned all your life and ask for forgiveness 5 minutes before you die, you will be forgiven for everything you did while here. Christ loves you that much.
Here is hoping you have those 5 minutes prior to your demise. Your eternity is at stake....

I have heard the story of the two thieves on the cross, but have not studied it. They both mocked Jesus at first. What can we learn from what happened? What did Jesus' disciples do?

Your story is like that of Taz, but it isn't like that.

I honestly think that the guy who wrote this OP needs psychiatric help.

Psychiatry is a soft science. It's better than believing in the fake hard science of evolution and no God. They sounds more like the people who need psychiatric help. Look at their behavior and no morals. It comes through in their posts. That's honesty.

If god didn't want us to sin, he wouldn't have made sin in the first place.

You keep missing it over and over again. In the six days of creation, God made everything that was good. Everything was perfect. When humans went against God or disobeyed him, then that created sin.

Why else will you be punished for you sins and live in pain and suffering?
God created everything in the universe, including pain, suffering and sin.

humans were ''made'' to '''sin'''...it's just natural...you DON'T need to be forgiven

I agree with one does not need to be forgiven for sin. All one has to be is punished. That means pain and suffering.

Moreover, the opposite of forgive is to punish. It is considered a sin to steal. For example, if you are caught stealing, then you will go to jail. That is for your sin.

There are many different definitions for natural, but I think you mean that which is determined by nature. I suppose it is natural if God is good and sin is bad or evil.

If a wild animal kills one of your loved ones, then it is hunted. Once it is caught and determined it was the animal that did it, then it would be killed. That would its punishment for its sin of killing. That is natural.

To forgive for your sins is only done by God. That is natural. In this life, we do forgive others who do us wrong, but more likely, it's what you said. They get punished.
going to jail is man made --you are not being punished by god/etc

Psychiatry is a soft science. It's better than believing in the fake hard science of evolution and no God. They sounds more like the people who need psychiatric help. Look at their behavior and no morals. It comes through in their posts. That's honesty.
If anything, evolution is part of god's plan.

Not really on the topic of the threads, but in response to the title....

Only I can forgive my sins and only through accepting responsibility for my actions.

Sure, that's fine if you live in isolation. With other people around and society, that doesn't make any sense. If you accept responsibility for stealing someone else's car, then they may not forgive you and want to see you punished.for your sin.

No. I would be punished for breaking a law - not for a sin. In fact, not breaking a law could well be a sin.

Only I can forgive my sins and only through accepting responsibility for my actions.

forgive what can be forgotten - responsibility, is that synonymous with restitution ...

Responsibility may lead to restitution, but is not the same thing. It may only mean acceptance of the wrong and working not to do it again.

forgive what can be forgotten - responsibility, is that synonymous with restitution ...

Responsibility may lead to restitution, but is not the same thing. It may only mean acceptance of the wrong and working not to do it again.

It may only mean acceptance of the wrong and working not to do it again ...

:dig: .
good luck with that one, howabout a $10,000 loan. to my neighbor, they try real hard at being contentious ...

It may only mean acceptance of the wrong and working not to do it again ...

:dig: .
good luck with that one, howabout a $10,000 loan. to my neighbor, they try real hard at being contentious ...

How about treating someone badly and being told they never want to see you again.

There are identifiable patterns of behavior (a conspiratorial mindset, disassociated from reality, paranoia), associated with the hyper-religious.

There are identifiable patterns of behavior (a conspiratorial mindset, disassociated from reality, paranoia), associated with the hyper-religious.

My grandmother was healed of thinning hair by touching the TV screen during a Oral Robert's sermon, but, oddly enough, still wore her wig all of her life.

humans were ''made'' to '''sin'''...it's just natural...you DON'T need to be forgiven

I agree with one does not need to be forgiven for sin. All one has to be is punished. That means pain and suffering.

Moreover, the opposite of forgive is to punish. It is considered a sin to steal. For example, if you are caught stealing, then you will go to jail. That is for your sin.

There are many different definitions for natural, but I think you mean that which is determined by nature. I suppose it is natural if God is good and sin is bad or evil.

If a wild animal kills one of your loved ones, then it is hunted. Once it is caught and determined it was the animal that did it, then it would be killed. That would its punishment for its sin of killing. That is natural.

To forgive for your sins is only done by God. That is natural. In this life, we do forgive others who do us wrong, but more likely, it's what you said. They get punished.

It's God's warning the bad to change their ways. Satan tempts. God warns.

I wouldn't say that. Have you been to jail?
you don't get punished for adultery/gluttony/etc etc

I'll take that as a yes haha. One could get punished if one gets caught for adultery; they end up divorced or worse killed or injured in the heat of passion. Gluttony leads to health problems. It's all natural.

Now, you said humans were "made" to sin which isn't exactly correct. Adam and Eve were created to not disobey God. Not go against him. That was the only rule because they had free will. Going against God isn't natural. A talking snake isn't natural. Everything else was at the time.

The other important part to remember is God had already created hell because of Lucifer going against him. In his infinite wisdom, this was all part of natural.

Afterward, we live in the fallen world. You and I and everyone here didn't have much choice for that. That's why in this life I agreed with you that to sin is natural. We can't help it even if we are Christians.

I'll take that as a yes haha. One could get punished if one gets caught for adultery; they end up divorced or worse killed or injured in the heat of passion. Gluttony leads to health problems. It's all natural.

Now, you said humans were "made" to sin which isn't exactly correct. Adam and Eve were created to not disobey God. Not go against him. That was the only rule because they had free will. Going against God isn't natural. A talking snake isn't natural. Everything else was at the time.

The other important part to remember is God had already created hell because of Lucifer going against him. In his infinite wisdom, this was all part of natural.

Afterward, we live in the fallen world. You and I and everyone here didn't have much choice for that. That's why in this life I agreed with you that to sin is natural. We can't help it even if we are Christians.
lot's of people commit adultery and don't get punished--plain and simple

Maybe I'll agree with that. If one just thinks of everything as sin and not sin, which I associate with being hyper-religious, then they'll likely have psychiatric problems. In this fallen world, we can't help but sinning. I'm not a psychiatrist, so am not aware of a disorder being hyper-religious but would think there is. In the movie Psycho, the backstory of the mother is that she taught her son that all aspects of sex was sinful and that all women were whores. It's one of those movies where you end up discussing what happened and this story comes out.

Guillermo del Toro, another director, made commentary of the movie Psycho that he thought Marion committed adultery. In the early scene, she is pictured in a white brassiere. Later, after she has stolen the money, she is shown in a black brassiere. It shows Hitchcock wanted the audience to think she wasn't committing adultery, but she was in one of life's traps.

Jeez, I disagree with that. Are you married or have been married? In a relationship? In law enforcement, it doesn't take long for one to get involved in a crime of passion or heated marital or man-woman argument. .

Jeez, I disagree with that. Are you married or have been married? In a relationship? In law enforcement, it doesn't take long for one to get involved in a crime of passion or heated marital or man-woman argument. .
AND humans were MADE to eat/''interact'' with the opposite sex/etc
very ridiculous to ''punish'' humans for doing what they do naturally

Forum List

Back