Zone1 Christians are commanded to hate evil

Christians are taught time and again in the Bible to hate evil and that hating evil is the fear of the Lord and beginning of wisdom.

However, as we see Christians continually being told to accept and be tolerant of what the Bible declares as evil, we see this less and less.

From my vantage point, there are two types of Christians who openly abhor evil. There is the Church Lady approach, bashing people for sinning in order to make themselves feel superior, but in no way caring for that person. I don't advocate that. Or we take the Jesus approach, which I do advocate.

Jesus was confronted with the woman caught in adultery. By Mosaic law, she was to be stoned. So, the religious leaders of his day came to him and forced him to take a stand on what should be done to her. He then told them, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone". They then all walked away, convicted of their own sins.

This is pretty much what most people know about the story. However, Jesus did not stop there. He was not interested in just sparing her life for that small moment, he wanted to set her free. He then cast out demons from the woman, and then told her, "Go, and sin no more." That was a warning so that worst things did not befall her.

Today's Christian appears to only want to spare the woman's life and just accept her as is, no matter how as is..............is, but then not follow up with the possible other two needed interventions. And God forbid a Christian should judge a sin to be a sin!!

I think many Christians are Ok with that same woman continuing as she did in adultery as being none of their business or maybe saying that adultery is not really a sin or maybe not that big of a sin since everyone sins. After all, they know the commandment not to be judgmental after all, but that is clearly a misinterpretation of scripture since that was not the approach of Jesus who clearly saw adultery as wrong.

I started another thread on a similar thought. We have a Pope that is essentially turning a blind eye to sin, which keeps a person in captivity that eventually leads to death, all in the name of inclusiveness. Obviously, such "Christians" do not hate sin, and/or have no concern for those held in captivity to such sins that will lead to their own demise as well as the subsequent demise of society.

Fuck that ridiculous myth book and fuck the non-existent skyman.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I don't believe any Bible authors "repudiated" Judaism, but perhaps you have a scriptural example.

take a hint ...

1701109276814.jpeg

the 4th century christian bible is written by the crucifiers, the 1st century events and those that gave their lives for liberation theology, self determination as taught by jesus - were a repudiation of judaism and the fallacies of moses as the false 10 commandments.

and the renewal of the heavenly religion of antiquity prescribed to a&e when set on their journey.

Why not hate evil instead of everything around you?

I detest any person of any religion pushing their version of their god on other people. I loath the evil in the world, but when you or anyone thinks that believing a non-existent diety is the answer you are most decidedly wrong.

From what I've seen and read from the so-called "Christians" on this forum, they use their belief in magic sky man push their brand of hate on to others.

The myth book does NOT call for anyone hate LGBTQ, or Black, or Jews, or Muslims or AAPI. The so called "Christians" on this forum push their brand of hate, wrapping themselves in their myth book.

I've seen a lot of hate posted by people calling themselved "Christian" while while writing how other people of different religions, different religions, other countries should killed, maimed and tortured.

The "Christians" on this practice their won brand of hate. Do NOT lecture on evil, I've seen it close up and personal, in Viet Nam, I've seen evil act after evil perpetrated against LGTQ, I've seen perperated against Women, I've seen evil perpetrated against minorities. I've seen evil perpetrated agasint anyone who dares NOT worshp at the feet of P01135809.

FYI all you so-called Christians, Yeshua (Joshua=Jesus) was a Jew. You are an Antisemite, you hate Jesus. Good night and good luck.

As the Bible actually said ,
And God created Man in OUR image .

The last thing the Elohim wanted was their creations behaving outside of test limits and requirements.
So they imposed Authority .

Humans have ever since found it impossible to live outside of it and its impregnated consequences .

Good -- Evil -
Right-wrong

And Cult Christianity has been just one clever way they found to impose Authority , with some long term carrot promises plus Punishment and Guilt to keep us in order.
Now they are seeking a fresh way as Religions based on Fear near the end of their time .

The End of Times is right now but not the one you Cultists believe .
How pray tell does cult Christianity your words not mine impose authority?

A quote comes to mind: It is important that people know what you stand for. It is equally important that they know what you won't stand for.

Language is a large part of the problem. Call people who rightfully condemn sin "oppressors". The language shoves those who are in the right into the "wrong." We need to learn to use language that rightfully strikes back.

Another problem is that love and mercy constantly want to temper justice. Get people to feel sorry for someone and presto, no bail, no jail.

Placing mercy over justice tips things upside down. Justice first. Mercy is how to treat criminals after they have paid for their crimes and done their time.
The 2nd paragraph is incomprehensible to some of us, the 2nd sentence. It's like you are saying that people who codemn sin should be called oppressors. Typo?

The Catholic church has a long history of embracing theocracy, something I'm not in favor of whatsoever. The Founding Fathers saw this abuse the most in England as the state preached from the pulpit and wanted none of it.
You forget some important history, namely English history. Remember Henry VIII? He beheaded Bishop John Fisher and Thomas More, the latter being an erstwhile friend/advisor. And WHY did he do that? Because they would not go against the Catholic Church which taught that divorce and re-marriage (what H VIII wanted) was a sin. They became martyrs rather than betray the True teachings of Christ and His Church.

Now that we don't have the Church involved in secular govt matters anymore... Look where we are at. You are a conservative. You surely cannot in any way say that a NON-theocracy works any better than you think a theocracy does.

How many so-called "Christians" thought that seperating babies from their mother's arms and was great idea? News flash that was NOT a Christian Act. There numerous posts forum how right and fair and needed to done.

How many so-called "Christians" thought that Derek Chauvin's leaning on the neck of George Floyd was great idea and cheered when it happened? New flash that was NOT a Christian Act. There were numerous posts on this forum about Floyd what deserved the people making those comment call themself "Christian".

There so-called "Christians" on this forum that practice their very brand of hate. News Flash for all the Antisemitic assholes to talk about how they value Jesus.
Guess shit heads, Yeshua was a Jew. He did not die a a Christian, he died an enemy Rome. You use your religion as a weapon aganist anyone you claim or you view as an enemy.

You make glad, even proud that I am NOT nor do I ever want to be Christian, to much hate for taste.

How many so-called "Christians" thought that seperating babies from their mother's arms and was great idea? News flash that was NOT a Christian Act. There numerous posts forum how right and fair and needed to done.

How many so-called "Christians" thought that Derek Chauvin's leaning on the neck of George Floyd was great idea and cheered when it happened? New flash that was NOT a Christian Act. There were numerous posts on this forum about Floyd what deserved the people making those comment call themself "Christian".

There so-called "Christians" on this forum that practice their very brand of hate. News Flash for all the Antisemitic assholes to talk about how they value Jesus.
Guess shit heads, Yeshua was a Jew. He did not die a a Christian, he died an enemy Rome. You use your religion as a weapon aganist anyone you claim or you view as an enemy.

You make glad, even proud that I am NOT nor do I ever want to be Christian, to much hate for taste.
He didn't deserve to die but the practice involved in his detainment was departmentally trained, he died of a drug overdose. Did the lady whose pregnant stomach he held a gun to deserve it when they were robbing her?

Actually Rome found no fault, and the pharisees and sadducees stirred up the public against him!

When you hate evil and stand against it, you will be, as Jesus forewarned

"hated by all"

The scary thing is when you start thinking God is evil because of all the evil he allows.

As the Bible actually said ,
And God created Man in OUR image .

The last thing the Elohim wanted was their creations behaving outside of test limits and requirements.
So they imposed Authority .

Humans have ever since found it impossible to live outside of it and its impregnated consequences .

Good -- Evil -
Right-wrong

And Cult Christianity has been just one clever way they found to impose Authority , with some long term carrot promises plus Punishment and Guilt to keep us in order.
Now they are seeking a fresh way as Religions based on Fear near the end of their time .

The End of Times is right now but not the one you Cultists believe .
That's the problem with believers. They are conditioned to cram everything in a box. Good vs Evil. Everything is either black or white. Most of life happens in shades of gray

His sword was the truth. Be happy. Jesus won.
Jesus only "wins" when we humans obey Him and promote Him.

But some day He will win in other ways. The 2nd Coming has to be about to happen because Christians are rare these days IMO

That's the problem with believers. They are conditioned to cram everything in a box. Good vs Evil. Everything is either black or white. Most of life happens in shades of gray
If you like shades of gray, that's what life will give you. That doesn't sound good.

Most of us are not overly fond of that color except maybe for cars

Maybe but black or white is better than grey! Grey is uncertainty, therefore grey is evil, and means you will compromise your morals, and principles, if conditions are right.
For the record that is not a problem with believers, it's an attribute

The Catholic church has a long history of embracing theocracy, something I'm not in favor of whatsoever. The Founding Fathers saw this abuse the most in England as the state preached from the pulpit and wanted none of it. With the Catholic church, they used the politics of man to abuse and oppress people, with their Inquisitions and burning at the stake, their Jewish Ghettos and centuries and centuries of Jewish oppression that climaxed with the Holocaust, and Crusades. To this day those in the Middle East refer to Christians as Crusaders. Constantine set up a theocracy and Christianity to advance his worldly power. Here is a man who made Christianity the religion of his kingdom but did not convert himself as he continued to worship the pagan gods. Here is a man who murdered his own son and wife as he helped establish the Catholic order, although it is rumored he converted on his death bed. This is a man who knew nothing of the teaching of Christ and did not care about them much his entire life.

Christ did not mix the politics of man with the gospel and neither should we.

However, does that mean that Christians cannot participate in politics? No. Clearly, this was not what the Founding Fathers were talking about as they were people of faith who interacted with politics. Why should Christians not be able to vote their conscience and beliefs like those not of faith do on such issues as abortion? What does believing in God have to do with anything regarding having a voice within society?

As for Christianity being a cult, and religion, any church, can become a cult once the focus rests on a person or organization and not God. It can even happen overnight in anyone's church, such as the one Jim Jones, the Marxist, ran.
Today's Christians are much more moderate and tolerant.

Forum List

Back