White supremacist still using blacks have a lower IQ rhetoric?

What about the fact that similar gaps are found in SAT scores?

If you think back to the SAT, it tested language and math. Essay writing is also now tested.

That is not much different than IQ tests, except that with IQ testing you get to play with red and white blocks.

Important areas such as musical ability, mechanical ability, interpersonal skills, kinesthetic sense, aesthetic sense and other talents and abilities go untouched.

Having a diverse skill set is a hallmark of our species but we only test a small subset of human intelligences. Most intelligences do not appear on paper and pencil exams.

Regards from Rosie

So, are there any tests that you think are good, and that show that there is NOT a gap? Link please.

No, there are not, and those that do the testing know that the tests are flawed and too limited.

Industries and post-secondary institutions have developed their own means for assessing skills and abilities. These types vary from hands-on demonstrations to portfolios to auditions.

Regards from Rosie

I call bullshit on that. the use of other forms of assessing people is driven by political correctness. intelligence testing does a much better job of predicting who will succeed at a job than testing any other factor. just ask the military. no one gets in with an IQ less than 90 because they cannot be trained.

Sure. For the menial military jobs.

For the Officer Corps you need a college degree or equivalent....which is not obtained by a mere flawed test.

Proving my point about the intelligences not being measured.

Regards from Rosie

NO. That IQ limit is for ALL military recruitment.

You do not get a waiver for having an 85 IQ, if you have a college degree.

So, officers need to pass the IQ bar, AND get a college degree.

It does NOT prove your point.

White supremacist still using blacks have a lower IQ rhetoric?

No, not at all. Just stating the obvious...white people = much more intelligence that black people. Black people seem to have more athletic ability...except in baseyboll.;);)

Oh and in MMA.

I always found that pretty funny since most white supremacists aren't that bright and not all black people have an athletic ability.
rick-ross-video-52c5917145f09.jpg
do you know most white supremacists?

Important areas such as musical ability, mechanical ability, interpersonal skills, kinesthetic sense, aesthetic sense and other talents and abilities go untouched.

Having a diverse skill set is a hallmark of our species but we only test a small subset of human intelligences. Most intelligences do not appear on paper and pencil exams.

Regards from Rosie

But the whole business of multiple intelligences renders the very concept of intelligence meaningless. If you announced that Shaquille O'Neill is more intelligent than Albert Einstein, nobody would take you seriously

Regards from Rosie

But the whole business of multiple intelligences renders the very concept of intelligence meaningless. If you announced that Shaquille O'Neill is more intelligent than Albert Einstein, nobody would take you seriously

That is why they are careful to avoid specifics.

But they are deadly serious.

Any under representation of blacks, is defacto "evidence" of institutional racism, and they will be coming at you with all guns blazing.

They will continue to search for those "racists" who are not hiring blacks to be research scientists, and brain surgeons, because they know they have to be there somewhere, for what other possible reason can there be.

Oh, and any disparate outcome will be used to support A.A. and other forms of anti-white discrimination to "balance" out the racist still ongoing.

Regards from Rosie

Which of the two do you expect to have the intelligences to be an Army Paratrooper? How about the US Delegate to the UN?

Differing intelligences are not better than one another, per se, but they serve as indicators for achievement in varying kinds of expertise and careers.

Shaq is as much a genius as Einstein.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Which of the two do you expect to have the intelligences to be an Army Paratrooper? How about the US Delegate to the UN?

Differing intelligences are not better than one another, per se, but they serve as indicators for achievement in varying kinds of expertise and careers.

Regards from Rosie

here comes the bullshit flag

Shaq is just big, not a genius

Although I gotta hand it to him for going back and getting his degree

you are referring to Gardner's intelligences

agree that not everyone needs to be "book smart" to be a good person or successful.

but..

intelligence is inherited

here it comes :bsflag:

How do you explain that socio-economic wealth factor as applied to these brilliant black athletes using up 4/5 year athletic scholarships worth $150,000 to $175,000 at major universities across this once great nation coming out of college with all that education and STILL dumber than a box of goddamn moon rocks? Then making millions of dollars in the NBA/NFL and STILL SO GD STUPID all their able to do is discuss basketball or such on ESPN or some other national media outlet?

Not to fall into the trap of propping up your stereotypes, but a high percentage of professional black athletes were raised in abject poverty. There's no reason to expect that giving them full-ride scholarships on the basis of their size and athleticism would immediately counteract the many enviromental challenges of their lives up to that point. The benefits would be seen in subsequent generations, as their children would face far fewer obstacles to learning as they came up under more favorable circumstances (I.E. in better schools in more affluent neighborhoods).

The research I cited involved long-term (multi-generational) evaluations with controls in place to ensure that socio-economic influences could be measured across the racial spectrum over time. The fact that you've brought up the short-term scenario of the professional athlete (and BTW, last I checked, a 'dumb jock' was a dumb jock irrespective of race) is a pretty clear indication that you don't understand the nature of the research or the far-reaching implications of its findings.

What IQ tests measure is language and spacial aptitudes.

That leaves out at least six other measures of intelligence, so standard IQ tests really don't measure IQ.

Those that wish to measure IQ do not want to spend the time or the money to actually measure IQ fully, so they depend on a seriously flawed measurement device.

It is, in real life terms, a meaningless score.

It is like giving driver licenses to those who can provide their signature.

Regards from Rosie

What about the fact that similar gaps are found in SAT scores?

If you think back to the SAT, it tested language and math. Essay writing is also now tested.

That is not much different than IQ tests, except that with IQ testing you get to play with red and white blocks.

Regards from Rosie

So, are there any tests that you think are good, and that show that there is NOT a gap? Link please.

Is the test of real life valid?

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

My understanding is that O'Neil is fairly bright, though probably not Einstein level.

Both would probably be smart enough to have successful military careers.

"Differing intelligences" are not equal. Both of them might be smart enough to be in the army, but O'Neil probably isn't smart enough to research high end Physics.

Basketball isn't about being smart. It has more to do with physical talent and size.

What?

IQ is NOT a function of a persons race.....holy crap but that's stupid....You do realize that we are all the same species, right?

So are all dogs of the same species...but have you ever compared the "dog IQ" of two of the SUB SPECIES... a chihuahua to a German Shepard, for instance?

The gap is well documented, and has been for decades.
well documented by who?

What?

IQ is NOT a function of a persons race.....holy crap but that's stupid....You do realize that we are all the same species, right?

So are all dogs of the same species...but have you ever compared the "dog IQ" of two of the SUB SPECIES... a chihuahua to a German Shepard, for instance?

well documented by who?

The American Psychological Association for one. Here is the link to wikipedia for you to start your reading.

Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Now, be warned the vast majority of literature on the subject will not directly address your question about whether the gap exists, but will take that as a given, and move quickly on to addressing WHY it is.

What?

well documented by who?

The American Psychological Association for one. Here is the link to wikipedia for you to start your reading.

Now, be warned the vast majority of literature on the subject will not directly address your question about whether the gap exists, but will take that as a given, and move quickly on to addressing WHY it is.
I see. So one has to read between the lines and take it as an act of faith.....Sorry, I don't buy it. Blacks come in all ranges of intelligence just like any other ethnic group. I'll read the link, but to say I'm skeptical is to put a good face on it.

All IQ means is how much of what you are told can you remember. .
What are you talking about? IQ tests are basically a series of logic puzzles. Memorization has nothing to do with the test. Also, it isn't a myth. Just because white supremacists use it to make black people look bad, doesn't mean it isn't true. Not all facts in life are pleasant. It isn't something people should be talking about all the time because youre just going to needlessly upset people, but you cant pretend like its a myth either.
What?

Im not saying its because their skin color is black, but black people around the world have a lower average score than everyone else. To suggest that there arent differences in humans is naive. There are plenty of differences. Nordic people are often tall, asians are often short, black people from Kenya happen to be good long distance runners, while black athletes from the western world happen to be good at sprinting. The less your culture uses their brains, the lower they will score on IQ tests. Its a proven fact based on literally hundreds of thousands of test samples. The numbers dont lie.

What?

well documented by who?

I see. So one has to read between the lines and take it as an act of faith.....Sorry, I don't buy it. Blacks come in all ranges of intelligence just like any other ethnic group. I'll read the link, but to say I'm skeptical is to put a good face on it.
What?

well documented by who?

No. Report after report expressly states that that gap exists, and then goes on to discuss reasons why it exists.

THat you state that "blacks come in all ranges of intelligence" is very odd.

A gap in IQ between two large groups, of course would NOT mean that there are NO high IQ blacks.

I've tried to find some raw data for you to read, but the links are not maintained. Event the abstracts are difficult reading for a layperson, and STILL they don't directly address the gap, but how and why it is.

What are you talking about? IQ tests are basically a series of logic puzzles. Memorization has nothing to do with the test. Also, it isn't a myth. Just because white supremacists use it to make black people look bad, doesn't mean it isn't true. Not all facts in life are pleasant. It isn't something people should be talking about all the time because youre just going to needlessly upset people, but you cant pretend like its a myth either.
What?

Im not saying its because their skin color is black, but black people around the world have a lower average score than everyone else. To suggest that there arent differences in humans is naive. There are plenty of differences. Nordic people are often tall, asians are often short, black people from Kenya happen to be good long distance runners, while black athletes from the western world happen to be good at sprinting. The less your culture uses their brains, the lower they will score on IQ tests. Its a proven fact based on literally hundreds of thousands of test samples. The numbers dont lie.
Differences in intelligence is not based upon anything other than environment and does NOT make any particular 'race' inferior. To suggest that race is a factor in anything other than physical appearance is ludicrous. Within the cacasion race, there are groups that are low IQ, groups that are average, and groups that are above average. These groups suffer or excel on the basis of their exposure to learning and nurturing. (Environment)

I'll say this much because its apparent that many have never even given it consideration.....if blacks as a group are lower is testing for IQ or other metrics, it is because as a whole, they have been disadvantaged by not being given the same exposure.

I'll be the first to say that opportunity to advance is available to everyone if they are willing to reach out for it, but any study that reaches the conclusion that an entire ethinc group is inferior and does not take into consideration environment, is not valid.

Now, I'm not going to keep going over the same ground here. Place two groups in the exact same situation, and the only differences you will find are differences in natural ability, not based upon race.

I'm sorry, but the entire notion is laughable and quite frankly, I find that the entire debate rather toxic....as this entire forum is becoming.

What?

What?

Differences in intelligence is not based upon anything other than environment and does NOT make any particular 'race' inferior. To suggest that race is a factor in anything other than physical appearance is ludicrous. Within the cacasion race, there are groups that are low IQ, groups that are average, and groups that are above average. These groups suffer or excel on the basis of their exposure to learning and nurturing. (Environment)

I'll say this much because its apparent that many have never even given it consideration.....if blacks as a group are lower is testing for IQ or other metrics, it is because as a whole, they have been disadvantaged by not being given the same exposure.

I'll be the first to say that opportunity to advance is available to everyone if they are willing to reach out for it, but any study that reaches the conclusion that an entire ethinc group is inferior and does not take into consideration environment, is not valid.

Now, I'm not going to keep going over the same ground here. Place two groups in the exact same situation, and the only differences you will find are differences in natural ability, not based upon race.

I'm sorry, but the entire notion is laughable and quite frankly, I find that the entire debate rather toxic....as this entire forum is becoming.

It is important to you that that be true, is it not?

if it's environment the problem can be fixed by income redistribution and social nanny state programs

if IQ is the issues then it's unfixable which is a disaster

all this can be eliminated by not categorizing by race, by do-gooders and civil rights groups that want the money and attention sent their way

never mind white supremacists, the NAACP demands white teachers close the achievement gap

Forum List

Back