White man shoots innocent black teen....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Has anyone paid attention to this story lately?

The family of a Florida teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer last month is speaking out, saying that the shooting was unprovoked —and racially motivated.

Stories from

Josh Lucas Marries
Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein Want to Adopt a Child with Special Needs
Jessica Simpson Expresses Thanks for 'Dream' Baby Shower
Jersey Shore Will Return for Season 6
Hugh Grant Likes Daughter Tabitha 'Very Much'
Trayvon Martin, 17, was killed by George Zimmerman in a Sanford, Fla., gated community on the evening of Feb. 26 as he returned from a trip to a local 7-Eleven. Martin and his father were visiting family friends there. Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin in self defense, and has not been charged with a crime.
Video: Mom: Teen targeted due to of ‘color of his skin’ (on this page)
But Martin's family is pointing to 911 calls released by police on Friday that they say depict a terrified teenager who was being chased by Zimmerman. Martin was found face down, unarmed, with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea.

“(Zimmerman) was reacting to the color of his skin,’’ Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, told Matt Lauer on Monday. “He committed no crime. My son wasn’t doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, and I just don’t understand why this situation got out of control.’’

Mom: Trayvon Martin was killed because of 'the color of his skin' - TODAY People - TODAY.com

According to the person who shot the teen, he'd seen him walking through the neighborhood and thought he was acting "suspiciously". He then calls 911 to report the teen and the police asked him if he was following the kid. He replied "yes" and the police then told him to quit.

A bit later, another 911 call is made and the caller tells police that she hears someone yelling for help (the teen), and it's shortly after that when a gunshot is heard.

The teen was found face down, dead, with an ice tea and a bag of Skittles in his hand.

To date? The person who shot the teen, a man named Zimmerman is STILL walking free, and no charges have been filed.

Do you think that if a black adult had shot a white teen, that the result would have been the same?

But see, the thing I'm still wondering is why the police didn't check the shooter to see if he was impaired (drunk or stoned), as well as why wasn't there a bit more investigation into this?

Never mind the fact that this idiot Zimmerman is still running around free, with no charges filed against him.

But see, the thing I'm still wondering is why the police didn't check the shooter to see if he was impaired (drunk or stoned), as well as why wasn't there a bit more investigation into this?

Never mind the fact that this idiot Zimmerman is still running around free, with no charges filed against him.

Those are very good questions, I bet the guy walks on all charges.

What charges? None have been filed yet.

What charges? None have been filed yet.

There you go. :(

The case shook me up a bit. Not because I'm all that surprised, sad to say it. Moreso though because Trayvon looks a lot like a close relative of mine. Hit home. From what I heard he was a good kid and had a stable home. The Zimmerman guy had been in trouble with the Law before and had a drinking problem. My guess is he wasn't too bright of a person and that that night he wanted a chance to be a hero. This will probably turn into a miscarriage of justice almost for sure. I think there is a possibility that there is a racial element to it, but I think the bigger picture here is the "look-out-for-one-another" attitude some law enforcement officers have and the fact that no matter how meaningless the officer's job some people just shouldn't ever be allowed within 500 feet of a badge with their name on it.

The case shook me up a bit. Not because I'm all that surprised, sad to say it. Moreso though because Trayvon looks a lot like a close relative of mine. Hit home. From what I heard he was a good kid and had a stable home. The Zimmerman guy had been in trouble with the Law before and had a drinking problem. My guess is he wasn't too bright of a person and that that night he wanted a chance to be a hero. This will probably turn into a miscarriage of justice almost for sure. I think there is a possibility that there is a racial element to it, but I think the bigger picture here is the "look-out-for-one-another" attitude some law enforcement officers have and the fact that no matter how meaningless the officer's job some people just shouldn't ever be allowed within 500 feet of a badge with their name on it.

Reports on this guy shows that he didn't make the police force, so he got himself a concealed gun permit, and oh yeah...........he's made lots of 911 calls to the police which were mostly nothing, and he'd been calling the police at about the rate of 1 call every 3 days.

Matter of fact, he also kinda self appointed himself to the neighborhood watch.

Poor kid who crossed this nutters path.

What a handsome young man he was.

I cant imagine what his parents feel right now

The family of a Florida teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer last month is speaking out, saying that the shooting was unprovoked —and racially motivated.

Stories from

Josh Lucas Marries
Trayvon Martin, 17, was killed by George Zimmerman in a Sanford, Fla., gated community on the evening of Feb. 26 as he returned from a trip to a local 7-Eleven. Martin and his father were visiting family friends there. Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin in self defense, and has not been charged with a crime.
But Martin's family is pointing to 911 calls released by police on Friday that they say depict a terrified teenager who was being chased by Zimmerman. Martin was found face down, unarmed, with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea.

“(Zimmerman) was reacting to the color of his skin,’’ Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, told Matt Lauer on Monday. “He committed no crime. My son wasn’t doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, and I just don’t understand why this situation got out of control.’’

Mom: Trayvon Martin was killed because of 'the color of his skin' - TODAY People - TODAY.com

According to the person who shot the teen, he'd seen him walking through the neighborhood and thought he was acting "suspiciously". He then calls 911 to report the teen and the police asked him if he was following the kid. He replied "yes" and the police then told him to quit.

A bit later, another 911 call is made and the caller tells police that she hears someone yelling for help (the teen), and it's shortly after that when a gunshot is heard.

The teen was found face down, dead, with an ice tea and a bag of Skittles in his hand.

To date? The person who shot the teen, a man named Zimmerman is STILL walking free, and no charges have been filed.

Do you think that if a black adult had shot a white teen, that the result would have been the same?

I'm having trouble imagining any scenario in which a black neighborhood watch captain would have shot a white teenager carrying skittles. So it is hard to answer but ... no ... I don't think the result would have been the same.

When police came to the scene, Zimmerman dropped his weapon and told them he shot Martin in self defense. He has not been charged. Sanford police did not press charges against Zimmerman, telling the teen’s family that he had a “squeaky clean” record. He is a licensed gun owner studying criminal justice.

Read more: Trayvon Martin's Murder: Was George Zimmerman's Motive Self-Defense or Racism? | NewsFeed | TIME.com

WTF? Many murderers have had a "squeaky clean record". That doesn't change the crime.

This fuck should have been charged.

This should be a death penalty case.

When police came to the scene, Zimmerman dropped his weapon and told them he shot Martin in self defense. He has not been charged. Sanford police did not press charges against Zimmerman, telling the teen’s family that he had a “squeaky clean” record. He is a licensed gun owner studying criminal justice.

Read more: Trayvon Martin's Murder: Was George Zimmerman's Motive Self-Defense or Racism? | NewsFeed | TIME.com

WTF? Many murderers have had a "squeaky clean record". That doesn't change the crime.

It wasn't even true that he had a squeaky clean record.

Iirc, there's a 911 tape where one of them was calling for help but the shooter claims he was the one who was asking for help. I hope that that the forensic experts can tell whether it was the boy. But maybe all those CSI shows have led me to expect too much.

Multiple versions of events from multiple sources. Let law enforcement investigate.

Iirc, there's a 911 tape where one of them was calling for help but the shooter claims he was the one who was asking for help. I hope that that the forensic experts can tell whether it was the boy. But maybe all those CSI shows have led me to expect too much.

Oh no ... it's the kid screaming. then a single gunshot ...

GRAPHIC: Trayvon Martin 911 calls released | News - Home

I've read varying accounts, not an open & shut case for law enforcement.

I've read varying accounts, not an open & shut case for law enforcement.

Doesn't matter.

This guy committed a capital crime. No reason he should be walking around free.

Stories from

Josh Lucas Marries

I think if a black man claimed self defense and shot a white teen we would not even hear the color of either skin. But then that's just me. I mean how many times have blacks murdered whites and the facts were simply not reported nor any claims of hate crime made.

I suggest we leave it to the proper authorities to determine guilt or innocence.

That yelling went on a long time. Very hard to believe it could have been the man. He's a big guy. He sounds like a complete *expletive deleted*, the kind who might have cried if anyone had ever really threatened him, but why would a boy holding skittles come at a hulk with a gun?

I sure do hope the FBI or whoever is studying it can get definitive results when they analyze that tape.

Forum List

Back