White man shoots innocent black teen....

Yes I did listen. He was on the phone with police for quite a long time, giving very long description of what the kid was doing (standing around, looking at houses, looking at him), and giving them detailed description of how to get to their location.

Supposedly there had been some burglaries in the area. Wanna engage in some good ol' fashioned profiling? Look at the photos of the two involved, and tell me who you would consider the biggest threat ...

abc_ht_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_2_jt_120318_wg.jpg

... a kid walking along, carrying ice tea and candy, or a man sitting in his car and scoping out the neighborhood. Maybe Trayvon thought Zimmerman was up to no good, maybe that is why Trayvon was "looking at him".

Your response doesn't make any sense and has nothing to do with what I posted.

His father adamantly states his son wasn't following this kid ... yet this piece of shit tells the operator that he IS ... and continues after being instructed NOT to do so.

Don't bother..reality doesn't matter to them.

Fiction is key.

The reality is none of the parents witnessed it, so what they have to say is of little consequence.

The one person so far who actually saw it happen says the two were wrestling with each other.

Not that reality really matters to you though.

Why the fuck was he wrestling with him?

Why did he follow him in the first place. He called the police. That SHOULD have been the end of it.

He stalked the guy..then he shot him.

That alone gives him a window into the world of lethal injection.

I wonder if the DA doesn't want to press charges in an effort to avoid exposing how badly the police fucked up the initial investigation.

From the sound of it, the kid's family was well advised to pursue the civil route. It sounds just muddled enough to make it difficult to prosecute for the state.

I wonder if the DA doesn't want to press charges in an effort to avoid exposing how badly the police fucked up the initial investigation.

From the sound of it, the kid's family was well advised to pursue the civil route. It sounds just muddled enough to make it difficult to prosecute for the state.

That's why the Feds need to step in.

Doesn't make much sense that he'd be on the phone with the police for so long then commit murder.

Think it would depend where he got shot at, if it was on his own property then there is nothing to it. If he chased him down and shot him in the back, that would be suspicious.

Of course the media doesn't bother reporting where it actually took place,
and they make Zimmerman out to be a racist, even though he is hispanic.

A Hispanic can't be racist?

Regarding where the shooting took place, several of the 911 callers describe that this happened behind their homes, and then this from the link posted above:

Martin had been staying at his father's girlfriend's house during the night of the NBA all-star game Feb. 26.

On his way back into the gated suburban Orlando community after stepping out, Martin, wearing a hood, was spotted by Zimmerman.

Zimmerman described Martin as suspicious because he was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and walking slowly in the rain, police later told residents at a town hall.

A dispatcher told him to wait for a police cruiser, and not leave his vehicle.
But about a minute later, Zimmerman left his car wearing a red sweatshirt and pursued Martin on foot between two rows of townhouses, about 70 yards from where the teen was going.

According to liberals, no, a minority cannot be a racist.

Zimmerman is in no way obligated to listen to a 911 dispatcher. Citizens are allowed to contront and stop crimes if they are happening. Flordia's law, in fact, says that anyone is allowed to hold their ground with deadly force if they feel threatened. There is no obligation to try to run away in order to claim self-defense. It would be very hard to convict him of murder with such a law.

Zimmerman is in no way obligated to listen to a 911 dispatcher. Citizens are allowed to contront and stop crimes if they are happening. Flordia's law, in fact, says that anyone is allowed to hold their ground with deadly force if they feel threatened. There is no obligation to try to run away in order to claim self-defense. It would be very hard to convict him of murder with such a law.

What crime was Trayvon committing?

news reports not telling whole story

true story

Has anyone paid attention to this story lately?

yeah the man Zimmerman(?) had a bloody nose and the so called kid, the family is NOT forthcoming on his record of behavior and issues relating to discipline.

and I think Zimmerman is Hispanic.

hello?

neighborhood is a gated community, it is a multicultural mixed too. 50% white / 20% Hispanic / 20% black and mixed Asians and others

Last edited:
If the kid tried to go for Zimmerman's gun, he had every right to shoot him.
Uh, no. One only has the right to use lethal force in response to lethal force. Grabbing at a person's firearm does not equal lethal force.

Absolutely false. People have the right to use deadly force in any situation where they are threatened. If someone is attacking with their fists, you have the right to shoot them.

And you've got to be kidding, you don't think someone trying to grab a gun away from someone doesn't merit lethal force in response? Try walking up to a police officer and grabbing his gun from him, see what that gets ya. :cuckoo:

I'd like to see what the state does with it first.

I just think it's a lot easier for the kid's family to clear the civil standard of proof than it would be for the DA to meet the criminal one. There's just too many moving parts with which a defense attorney could use to confuse a jury.

yeah the man Zimmerman(?) had a bloody nose and the so called kid, the family is NOT forthcoming on his record of behavior and issues relating to discipline.

hello?

neighborhood is a gated community, it is a multicultural mixed too. 50% white / 20% Hispanic / 20% black and mixed Asians and others

Is this groundhog day all over again?

What crime was Trayvon committing?

Quite possibly prowling around on people's private property. You don't think people ever scope out houses to break into them? :cuckoo:

Uh, no. One only has the right to use lethal force in response to lethal force. Grabbing at a person's firearm does not equal lethal force.

in that state, I think people have the right to use lethal force if their life is in danger. somebody reaching for your gun puts your life in danger.

yep

hello?

Is this groundhog day all over again?

Absolutely false. People have the right to use deadly force in any situation where they are threatened. If someone is attacking with their fists, you have the right to shoot them.
Here in the United States a person is not legally justified shooting a person without being put in fear of death or severe bodily injury, not just "any situation where they are threatened."

And you've got to be kidding, you don't think someone trying to grab a gun away from someone doesn't merit lethal force in response? Try walking up to a police officer and grabbing his gun from him, see what that gets ya. :cuckoo:
George Zimmerman ≠ police officer.

:cuckoo: indeed.

So ... if someone with a gun was chasing then caught you, you'd not try to take or deflect their weapon if you had the chance? And you believe if you did, they'd have the legal right to shoot you?

Most news accounts state Zimmerman followed the teenager; some say the shooter was "neighborhood watch", others SELF APPOINTED watch. I hope the SA moves fast on this case.

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

"He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever ...," the letter says. "The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

The letter does not provide details about what happened Feb. 26 on a walkway in the gated community where George Zimmerman lives and where Trayvon was visiting. But it does challenge one basic assumption of the family's lawyers: that Zimmerman's intent when he got out of his sport utility vehicle was to confront Trayvon after calling police to report a suspicious person.

"At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event became public, and I hope that will be soon," the letter said, "everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media."
George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Forum List

Back