Which Republican Candidate Are You Supporting....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Missourian, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    ...for President 2012, and why?

So far, I'm supporting Nun O. D. Above [​IMG] for President.

Make your case.

Who's your top pick so far and why should I support him/her.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    No one wants to go on the record?

I don't blame ya. I wish we had a candidate we could be excited about.

3. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Still waiting. The lack of excitement in this field is killing me.

Palin is not the answer, but with the others that are in the field right now, she's the only one that will generate enthusiasm. (In my estimation, it might be enough to win the primary with this field, but not enough to win the general). The media has done a pretty decent job driving her negatives so high, a general win would be highly unlikely.

Romney. Santorum. A snore fest double header. Cain, I'm just not seeing it. I heard the former Gov of NM announce. I like a lot of what he had to say. He'd be a great senator for some state. But, he's no pres. Pawlenty -- cabinet secretary. Newt's finished now. Not that he was ever a contender.

Perry???? I don't know enough about the guy to say anything intelligent. I'd look at him for lack of anything else to look at.

One thing is for sure though, we better elect a Republican this time or the Republic is finished.

4. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    paul/cain everyone else is fail.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,176
    im not supporting anyone yet

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I am not supporting any candidate from either mainstream party. If Chuck Baldwin runs again on the Constitution Party ticket I will probably vote for him. Otherwise I will most likely be writing my own name on the ballot in November of 2012.

7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    The question seems to be more of how do you get your choice nominated rather than who he/she is.

The GOP would never nominate Paul, for example.

8. Lars

Lars Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I support Ron Paul, primarily for his position on the Federal Reserve, IRS, and Entitlements(The reason I don't mention foreign policy is because without the Federal Reserve or IRS the Federal Government couldn't afford an interventionist foreign policy).

I could see myself voting for Sarah Palin in the General Election, or pretending I support her, to be a contrarian asshole and to spite "progressives". But I will probably just abstain or vote Libertarian as long as Barr is not the nominee again.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    There is not any Candidate I am excited about, However I am not ashamed to say at this point I would vote for just about any Republican Over Obama. I believe Obama's Policies are extremely damaging to this country. Period. At this point a grape fruit would excite me. Anyone who is not a tax and spend, Big Government Liberal would be a serious improvement.

Of course I said that same thing when Bush was leaving office and Obama ran. I said even though I don't like some of what Obama is saying, it would be hard for him not to improve on Bushes performance. Well low and Behold I was wrong then lol.

10. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    This is why Obama will win the re-election, and why he got elected in the first place. Conservatives are too extreme in their views, and too idealistic. By voicing their idealistic views they scare alot of independant moderates to the other side. Conservatives have a great foriegn policy, their fiscal policy is scetchy because of GWB policies, but it is their social policies that sink the party.

Every time I go to vote for a Republican I start thinking of the Terry Schivo fiasco, and then I think of their abortion and gay rights views and just recoil. For people who want government to butt out of our lives they sure like to have a say on how you die, what you do with your body, and who is deserving of personal freedom and who is not. This places them squarely into the hypocrite column. The fact that Republicans had carte blanche during GWB presidency and didn't address their constituants desires on these topics shows that they will say whatever it takes to get elected, and then do whatever they want to do.

What have they done to prove that they will not give us another GWB? Listening to the people who are seeking the nomination, shows me they haven't changed at all and still don't get it.

Both the Republicans and Democrats will take my money. Republicans will use it for advancing the upper class, and the Democrats will use it for the lower class. Me, I get shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1