When Romney gets the nomination.....

so you're going to vote for obama? what a freak

Uh, yeah, I will.

So will a lot of Evangelicals.

So will a lot of hispanics who don't think their skin tone is a curse from the almighty and think their kids deserve a shot at college.

So will a lot of women who don't think they need to be bonded to a man to get into heaven.

So will a lot of working folks who won't like he made his fortune moving their jobs over to China.

He's not polling that well, under these circumstances. He's been running for six years. And really, he's averaging 45.5% on the RCP average. Against a president with a horrid economy? And he's running just even? Really?

Incidently, if you think the reason McCain lost was because he picked Palin, then you probably are even less smart than I think you are.

Besides the unpopular war and the awful economy, McCain lost because the GOP has spent the last 30 years alienating people of color. McCain/Palin WON the White vote. If the voting percentages were the same as they were in 1976, they'd be in.

But what put Obama over the top were blacks, Hispanics and Asians. Can't see how Romney does any better with those groups. Especially when they find out Mormons think that dark skin is a curse from God.

Speaking of less smart...your lumping in certain ethnic groups shows just how much you don't know about Mormon Doctrine.

Who knew ?

Not you.

so you're going to vote for obama? what a freak

Uh, yeah, I will.

So will a lot of Evangelicals.

So will a lot of hispanics who don't think their skin tone is a curse from the almighty and think their kids deserve a shot at college.

So will a lot of women who don't think they need to be bonded to a man to get into heaven.

So will a lot of working folks who won't like he made his fortune moving their jobs over to China.

If bitter had a name it would be JoeB.

Unfortunately, stupid already took that one.

He's polling at 25% amidst 8 or 9 candidates. You do the math. Or do you need some help with probabilities ?

There were 8 or 9 candidates in 2008. He still didn't do much better.

Clinton gets the nod because of Ross Perot and everyone knows what happens if Perot isn't in the race.

Clinton then gets re-elected for the same reason Bush got re-elected (this is to easy). And that despite the fact that he has a blue dress with his posterity all over it to deal with.

Clinton got as many votes as he did in 92 because of the messe the country is in and Obama is going to be campaigning in an even bigger poop-stew.

Clinton would have still won. Bush was hated by conservatives, liberals and moderates alike. He had pretty much lost everyone by 1992.

I think there will be a third party this time, but it will be conservatives realizing they've been punked, splitting the GOP vote. Obama wins.

But you have it all figured out.

Romeny didn't set up the process. He simply goes where Clinton, Gore, Bush, Dole, McCain and others have all gone before. What was the question ?

And he's got more governing experience than Obama did (you can see how well that two years as a Senator is working out for him).

Oh, I think Obama's been a horrible president.

But the thing is, they are trying to change the process. They are moving up primaries, sandbagging alternatives, and doing everything else they can before people figure out that Romney is a Mormon.

the very fact that Romney has just watched the GOP base look for ANY other alternative should be an indication that he isn't even popular with the base.

and last you had McCain...
Before him Bush...

I think it's pretty telling that we'll never elect a "staunch" Conservative. :razz:

I consider myself a pragmatist more than a conservative. I look for the most pragmatic solution and I go with that. So I'm on the left on some issues, on the right on others.

My problem with Romney isn't his idealogy. I mean, he's had a bunch of them over the last few years, I'm sure I can find one I agree with. :razz:

My problem with him is that he belongs to a cult that I utterly despise.

My problem with him is that he has sleazy business practices that screws working folks like me.

My problem with him is that he has no problem race-baiting when he wants to gain a political advantage.

So, yeah, even though I've voted Republican in every election since 1980, I will vote Democrat rather than even take the chance this puke will be Presdient.

You're an idiot.

wow you seem like you put the party before you

He's not polling that well, under these circumstances. He's been running for six years. And really, he's averaging 45.5% on the RCP average. Against a president with a horrid economy? And he's running just even? Really?

Incidently, if you think the reason McCain lost was because he picked Palin, then you probably are even less smart than I think you are.

Besides the unpopular war and the awful economy, McCain lost because the GOP has spent the last 30 years alienating people of color. McCain/Palin WON the White vote. If the voting percentages were the same as they were in 1976, they'd be in.

But what put Obama over the top were blacks, Hispanics and Asians. Can't see how Romney does any better with those groups. Especially when they find out Mormons think that dark skin is a curse from God.

Speaking of less smart...your lumping in certain ethnic groups shows just how much you don't know about Mormon Doctrine.

Who knew ?

Not you.

Besides the fact you don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

I'm not lumping in anything. I'm pointing out the obvious.

McCain won whites, 55-45.

But he lost Blacks 95-5
Hispanics 61-39
and Asians 56-44

How does "dark skin is a curse from God" Romney improve on any of those numbers?

By pointing out that black folks didn't get full membership into your cult until 1978?

By pointing out that he got the edge on Perry by race-baiting about Hispanics kids in Texas colleges?

Oh, wait. Now Herman Cain is the main threat. It'll be fun to see how he navigates that one.

Besides the fact you don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

I'm not lumping in anything. I'm pointing out the obvious.

McCain won whites, 55-45.

But he lost Blacks 95-5
Hispanics 61-39
and Asians 56-44

How does "dark skin is a curse from God" Romney improve on any of those numbers?

By pointing out that black folks didn't get full membership into your cult until 1978?

By pointing out that he got the edge on Perry by race-baiting about Hispanics kids in Texas colleges?

Oh, wait. Now Herman Cain is the main threat. It'll be fun to see how he navigates that one.

"Your", as in it belongs to you, was the correct usage. Get a clue.

There are plenty of places he can find the margin he needs.

But you keep spouting your three decade old drivel package on the Mormon Church (which is growing like crazy in places like Mexico....but then...by your standards that would make the mexicans stupid).

Seems Chris Christy must be pretty stupid too.

A staunch conservative is no more likely to win than a far left wing candidate. Because the fact remains that American is a centerist nation. We don't do 'far' on either side.... and, despite being a conservative, I think that's great.

Me too, but I still think it's bullshit the way Obama was portrayed as some deep leftist outsider when it appeared to me, and still does, that he was a centerist also all along.

(of course when we say "centerist" they still have a predominant lean, it's just not extreme).

He may be a centerist, but he's no centrist.

No, your original sentence.

"your lumping in certain ethnic groups '

You're "You are" is the correct usage....

Where? What group does he do better than McCain in?

I know four he'll do worse- Evangelicals, Hispanics, Women, Working Folks.

Where does he do better. Where's his key demographic?

But you keep spouting your three decade old drivel package on the Mormon Church (which is growing like crazy in places like Mexico....but then...by your standards that would make the mexicans stupid).

They are a third world people. and, yes, religious stupidity does well in the third world.

No, he's an oppurtunist. He knows that they are going to run him out on a rail in 2013 in NJ. He's made too many enemies. So he's hoping to move up. Maybe have something on his obit that says, "VP candidate in the FAILED GOP ticket of 2012.)

Say G.T., so sorry to ruin your wet dream, but ...

Romney isn't going to get the GOP nod.

IF we wanted Obama LITE, we could just vote for the President's re-election.

It took a while, but the campaign has led me to my decision.

I hope it lasts and lasts.

I'm gonna vote for and support Cain for President.

No, your original sentence.

"your lumping in certain ethnic groups '

You're "You are" is the correct usage....

Where? What group does he do better than McCain in?

I know four he'll do worse- Evangelicals, Hispanics, Women, Working Folks.

Where does he do better. Where's his key demographic?

They are a third world people. and, yes, religious stupidity does well in the third world.

No, he's an oppurtunist. He knows that they are going to run him out on a rail in 2013 in NJ. He's made too many enemies. So he's hoping to move up. Maybe have something on his obit that says, "VP candidate in the FAILED GOP ticket of 2012.)

As in you own it. My usage was corret. You really are an idiot.

I can't wait to hear President Obama dis the mexican people in this way. You asked where he will get margin. People like you will some of Romney's advertising. Keep up the good work.

President Obama has tanked this country. All the while he whines like a little baby about how it was Bush's fault. His disapproval ratings are almost to much to overcome and there is a very good chance he will be a one termer. On top of that, the GOP takes the senate.

Christy will probably be in some grooming job looking to figure out how he is going to work with all the shining stars of the GOP (Rubio, Ryan, Jindall, the list is to long) to get a shot at the White House himself.

I'd like to know who is selling you those motivational tapes that keep you going.

As in you own it. My usage was corret. You really are an idiot.

Corret? The prosecution rests.

I can't wait to hear President Obama dis the mexican people in this way. You asked where he will get margin. People like you will some of Romney's advertising. Keep up the good work.

Oh, no. Obama will never mention MOrmonism. That'll be the MSM's job. Get used to people pointing out all your crazy beliefs and how crazy they are.

President Obama has tanked this country. All the while he whines like a little baby about how it was Bush's fault. His disapproval ratings are almost to much to overcome and there is a very good chance he will be a one termer. On top of that, the GOP takes the senate.

Besides the fact you don't seem to understand "to" and "too", the fact is, polls show more people blame Bush than Obama for the current mess.

The GOP could take the Senate with Obama winning the Presidency. Absolutely. Doesn't take away from the fact Romney would be an awful candidate.

Christy will probably be in some grooming job looking to figure out how he is going to work with all the shining stars of the GOP (Rubio, Ryan, Jindall, the list is to long) to get a shot at the White House himself.

Not really. Romney will lose. badly.

I'd like to know who is selling you those motivational tapes that keep you going.

I'm sure there is some meaning that you think is clever here.

Me too, but I still think it's bullshit the way Obama was portrayed as some deep leftist outsider when it appeared to me, and still does, that he was a centerist also all along.

(of course when we say "centerist" they still have a predominant lean, it's just not extreme).

And a corrolary to my previous post, my problem with Obama is not that he's a leftist or a centrist, but that he's INCOMPETENT!

He couldn't even get a centrist agenda passed when he had an 80 seat majority in the HOuse and a filibuster proof senate. He put the priorities in the wrong places, he's fumbled one operation after another, he squandered his political capital.

So Romney is a sleazy cultist and Obama is an incompetent Boob.

Some choice.

Third Party, anyone?

Everyone keeps saying that, but when your fillibuster "proof" number includes Joe Lieberman, it's not fillibuster proof.

I've heard this man (Lieberman) sucking Sean Hannity's toes for the last 5-6 years now. He's a rat in rat's clothing.
Exactly. Add Ben Nelson, Mary Landreau, Jim Webb, Max Baucus, and Blanche Lincoln to the list, with Lieberman.

I'm sure I'm forgetting 2 or 3 more Republicans in Democratic clothing.

Oh, no. Obama will never mention MOrmonism. That'll be the MSM's job. Get used to people pointing out all your crazy beliefs and how crazy they are.

That will be fun to watch. With 6 LDS senators (including Obama's right hand man Harry Ried), and 9 LDS members of the house, I am sure they will just go crazy.

No, I am afraid that your failed President Obama and the jobs situation (including those hydrocarbon workers who will now be working at McDonalds because he didn't do anything to save 750,000 BPD of refining capacity...and there is more on the block) is going to make it pretty easy for Romney to walk to his new digs in D.C.

President Obama can then move to Chicago and join take his rightful place on the list of worst presidents of all time.

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

Obama was not pushed into keeping Guantanamo open,

Yes he was.

keeping the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan,

He is withdrawing ahead of schedule in Iraq, and he campaigned on increasing the fight in Afghanistan.

keeping the unconstitutional parts of the Patriot Act on the books,

He's not a legislator.

classifying his administration's interpretation of them (!),

OK.

putting Wall Street cronies in his cabinet as economic advisers,

OK.

keeping Bernanke at the Fed,

Bernanke has been just fine. You don't see any inflation, do you?

taking single-payer off the table before negotiations on health-care reform even started,

OK.

or putting together an inadequate and inefficient stimulus proposal.

He should have left out the 40% that was tax cuts. The rest was a success.

Those were all unpopular positions, especially with his supporters.

A few were. Just like every president.

Given the shoddy way the Democratic party has treated Joe Leiberman over the years, that he still caucuses with you guys and votes your way most of the time should be enough.

And it's not like the Republicans don't have a few guys who jump the aisle when their egos tell them to.

To the point. His priority was on getting the health care plan passed. Not fixing the economy. And after he dickered with Lieberman and Bayh and all the others, what he ended up with was RomneyCare on a national level, which doesn't even fix the real problems.

Now imagine Bill Clinton in the same scenario. Not a fan of Clinton, thought he was almost as sleazy as Romney is. But do you imagine him getting rolled by backbenchers in the Senate?

I'm not in the Democrat party.

When you make comments like "Suck Hannity's toes" (there's a mental image I didn't need) you can kind of see why I'd conclude you are.

But would you like to take a shot at the rest of my point. Do you think Hillary would have had as hard a time with these jokers as Obama has?

Probably not.

Yes. They came right out and said that defeating him was their first priority. The best way to defeat him is to not give him any legislative successes.

Why would Hillary fare better when the other side is determined to run the country into the shitter, for political advantage?

The 25% arch conservatives can't stand him and will try to force their tea Bagger de jour on the rest of the party. Once again, when actual republicans start voting in the primaries Romney will run away. Tea Bagger will take Iowa. Romney takes New Hampshire and come Super Tuesday it will all be over

Guy, somehow, I doubt you know that many "actual republicans", so maybe you should shut your mouth. Frankly, every time you spout off about Republicans, you sound like a lot of sad, HuffPo stereotyping.

Romney might get the nomination, he might not. If he does, he'll lose, because he's an awful candidate for a number of reasons. I won't vote for him. Ever.

Romney never got much over 25% in 2008, and he's not polling over 25% now.

Romney is the McCain of 2012. McCain was hated, voted against Bush, Maverick, turn coat. But when it came time to vote in the primaries, McCain was the only credible candidate. Just like Romney today

Cheer up...you will grow to love him

Well, they will grow to defend him as if he was the second coming of Reagan (who was more Liberal than Romney 2.0)

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

What the hell as he done that makes you think he's even remotely in the "center"?
She's a political idiot, like you, who should be posting on a gardening site.

You mean other than the uncanny ability to realize that a cult started by scumwad con men who wanted to screw 14 year old girls is worthy of nothing by my complete contempt.

You realize that's who your founders were, right. Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. guys who used bullshit religion to get less smart people to hand over their virgin daughters. Really, no different than David Koresh when you get right down to it.

Oh, wait. I just realized the difference between Jos. Smith and David Koresh.

Original and Extra-Crispy!

Yes, yes, all the talking points.

Keep it up.

You will soon win an award for being the biggest jackass on the board.

Were you there when the church started ? Didn't think so.

And since I belong to the church, I am going to assume you are calling me "less-smart". Less smarter than who ? You ? Put up or shut up.
Tell us about your magic underwear and your own private planet when you die!
multi.gif
multi.gif
multi.gif

Forum List

Back