When Romney gets the nomination.....

He's not polling that well, under these circumstances. He's been running for six years. And really, he's averaging 45.5% on the RCP average. Against a president with a horrid economy? And he's running just even? Really?

Incidently, if you think the reason McCain lost was because he picked Palin, then you probably are even less smart than I think you are.

Besides the unpopular war and the awful economy, McCain lost because the GOP has spent the last 30 years alienating people of color. McCain/Palin WON the White vote. If the voting percentages were the same as they were in 1976, they'd be in.

But what put Obama over the top were blacks, Hispanics and Asians. Can't see how Romney does any better with those groups. Especially when they find out Mormons think that dark skin is a curse from God.

Speaking of less smart...your lumping in certain ethnic groups shows just how much you don't know about Mormon Doctrine.

Who knew ?

Not you.

How about this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
brigham-young-racist.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race--that they should be the "servant of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed."[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brigham Young-President and second 'Prophet' of the Mormon Church, 1844-1877- Extract from Journal of Discourses.[/FONT]​

Tell us about your magic underwear and your own private planet when you die!

I'll be happy to do so when the time comes.

And I am quite certain that if Romney decides to proactively address those topics, he'll get scorched pretty quickly.

If he sticks to the economy, he's going to do just fine.

Say G.T., so sorry to ruin your wet dream, but ...

Romney isn't going to get the GOP nod.

IF we wanted Obama LITE, we could just vote for the President's re-election.

It took a while, but the campaign has led me to my decision.

I hope it lasts and lasts.

I'm gonna vote for and support Cain for President.

I'm saving this post! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:lol:[/FONT]

Oh, no. Obama will never mention MOrmonism. That'll be the MSM's job. Get used to people pointing out all your crazy beliefs and how crazy they are.

That will be fun to watch. With 6 LDS senators (including Obama's right hand man Harry Ried), and 9 LDS members of the house, I am sure they will just go crazy.

No, I am afraid that your failed President Obama and the jobs situation (including those hydrocarbon workers who will now be working at McDonalds because he didn't do anything to save 750,000 BPD of refining capacity...and there is more on the block) is going to make it pretty easy for Romney to walk to his new digs in D.C.

President Obama can then move to Chicago and join take his rightful place on the list of worst presidents of all time.

None of them are needing to get votes in Southern Baptist states, like Georgia, Alabama, Miss., Carolinas, etc. They are cultists with cultist voters.

In 1978, the government threatened to remove their tax-free status unless they removed their racist dogma, so their cult leader had a "revelation", and all of a sudden Blacks weren't the devil any longer.

So how legitimate is a 'religion' that puts coin over their true beliefs?

We are going to find that out about the Southern Baptists, too - will they put party over their faith, which has decreed that Mormons are cultists?

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

Obama was not pushed into keeping Guantanamo open, keeping the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, keeping the unconstitutional parts of the Patriot Act on the books, classifying his administration's interpretation of them (!), putting Wall Street cronies in his cabinet as economic advisers, keeping Bernanke at the Fed, taking single-payer off the table before negotiations on health-care reform even started, or putting together an inadequate and inefficient stimulus proposal. Those were all unpopular positions, especially with his supporters. He did all of it on his own.

No. He realized that doing the job is actually more about doing what is necessary over what you want.

Naivety is a common trait with Americans.

Romney will get the nomination because he is more palatable to the silent majority of rational republicans (yes they exist)

Unfortunately, Baggers will saddle him with a platform that will prevent him from having a prayer of being elected

yeah, and they will probably saddle him with a real nice vp pick, too.

Oh, no. Obama will never mention MOrmonism. That'll be the MSM's job. Get used to people pointing out all your crazy beliefs and how crazy they are.

That will be fun to watch. With 6 LDS senators (including Obama's right hand man Harry Ried), and 9 LDS members of the house, I am sure they will just go crazy.

No, I am afraid that your failed President Obama and the jobs situation (including those hydrocarbon workers who will now be working at McDonalds because he didn't do anything to save 750,000 BPD of refining capacity...and there is more on the block) is going to make it pretty easy for Romney to walk to his new digs in D.C.

President Obama can then move to Chicago and join take his rightful place on the list of worst presidents of all time.

I'm sure they can whine all day. The media bashes religion all the time, some politician whines about it, but the fact is, they still do it.

Obama isn't my president, but the reality is more people blame Bush for this mess than Obama. And you can scream "drill baby drill" all day, but oil isn't the problem. Free Trade is.

Obama vs. Romney. Obama wins easily.

Tell us about your magic underwear and your own private planet when you die!

I'll be happy to do so when the time comes.

And I am quite certain that if Romney decides to proactively address those topics, he'll get scorched pretty quickly.

If he sticks to the economy, he's going to do just fine.

Problem is, he won't be able to avoid it. The media will talk about Mormon beliefs after Romney gets the nomination, and people are going to be "Oh. Damn. Really?"

What I noticed is that you didn't address Synths point.

Do you really think there's going to be a planet of spirit children you are going to get to rule in the afterlife?

But would you like to take a shot at the rest of my point. Do you think Hillary would have had as hard a time with these jokers as Obama has?

Probably not.

Yes. They came right out and said that defeating him was their first priority. The best way to defeat him is to not give him any legislative successes.

Why would Hillary fare better when the other side is determined to run the country into the shitter, for political advantage?

Well, yeah, actually, I do. Bill Clinton made progress despite the GOP being just as obstructionist AND controlling both houses of Congress.

In some way, the GOP are being dicks, but that's their job, and that's what their constituents expect them to do. But a large part of the problem is Obama's ineptitude and aloofness.

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

Obama was not pushed into keeping Guantanamo open, keeping the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, keeping the unconstitutional parts of the Patriot Act on the books, classifying his administration's interpretation of them (!), putting Wall Street cronies in his cabinet as economic advisers, keeping Bernanke at the Fed, taking single-payer off the table before negotiations on health-care reform even started, or putting together an inadequate and inefficient stimulus proposal. Those were all unpopular positions, especially with his supporters. He did all of it on his own.

No. He realized that doing the job is actually more about doing what is necessary over what you want.

Naivety is a common trait with Americans.

Oh, please, let's get real.

Keeping GitMo open isn't "necessary". It's just a mess that Bush left Obama. We can't try these people, because they'd probably get acquitted because all the evidence against them was tainted by torture. We can't let them go because they'd go back to terrorism.

Either they are criminals or prisoners of war, and either way, they have certain rights. We are trying to stick them in a third category where we can pick and choose which rights they have.

Obama isn't doing the "right" thing, he's diong the expediant thing... and will probably kick the can down the road to his successor.

Hey how'd Fred Thompson do in '08 anyways?

Fred Thompson was never seriously running. Fred Thompson was there to keep the conservative vote divided just long enough for his buddy, John McCain, to get some traction.

Now, I don't know if Cain is serious or not.

For the moment, he's the latest "Not Romney" that people are clinging to because real Republicans can't stand the thought of this weird Mormon Robot being their nominee.

It's almost like ROmney is the Chess club nerd, and the GOP Base is the Head Cheerleader, who is desperately looking for ANYONE else to take her to the dance. So they've gone through Trump, Huckabee, Bachmann, Palin, Christie, Perry, and now Cain as the "Oh, God, Not Romney" candidate.

Maybe they should get a restraining order, and he'll take a hint.

Fred Thompson was never seriously running. Fred Thompson was there to keep the conservative vote divided just long enough for his buddy, John McCain, to get some traction.

For the moment, he's the latest "Not Romney" that people are clinging to because real Republicans can't stand the thought of this weird Mormon Robot being their nominee.

It's almost like ROmney is the Chess club nerd, and the GOP Base is the Head Cheerleader, who is desperately looking for ANYONE else to take her to the dance. So they've gone through Trump, Huckabee, Bachmann, Palin, Christie, Perry, and now Cain as the "Oh, God, Not Romney" candidate.

Liability put his predicting skizznils on the line in '08 and predicted Thompson to get the nod and argued it tooth and nail - - and will probably walk what I just said back a little because his ego is the size of Mount St. Helens

Liability put his predicting skizznils on the line in '08 and predicted Thompson to get the nod and argued it tooth and nail - - and will probably walk what I just said back a little because his ego is the size of Mount St. Helens

Oh, well, I wasn't here four years ago.

And frankly, Thompson fooled a lot of us. I was initially fooled by the guy. Well, he's an actor, we shouldn't have been surprised.

Guy, somehow, I doubt you know that many "actual republicans", so maybe you should shut your mouth. Frankly, every time you spout off about Republicans, you sound like a lot of sad, HuffPo stereotyping.

Romney might get the nomination, he might not. If he does, he'll lose, because he's an awful candidate for a number of reasons. I won't vote for him. Ever.

Romney never got much over 25% in 2008, and he's not polling over 25% now.

Romney is the McCain of 2012. McCain was hated, voted against Bush, Maverick, turn coat. But when it came time to vote in the primaries, McCain was the only credible candidate. Just like Romney today

Cheer up...you will grow to love him

Actually, my hatred of the Mormon cult is such that I won't. Ever.

The only question will be, will I vote third party or vote for the Keynan out of pure spite.

Actually, I prefer Romneys Mormonism to the hard line evangelicism of the other major GOP candidates. Romney keeps his religion to himself. The others use it as a basis for social engineering the country

Frankly, they scare me

Romney is the McCain of 2012. McCain was hated, voted against Bush, Maverick, turn coat. But when it came time to vote in the primaries, McCain was the only credible candidate. Just like Romney today

The only question will be, will I vote third party or vote for the Keynan out of pure spite.

Actually, I prefer Romneys Mormonism to the hard line evangelicism of the other major GOP candidates. Romney keeps his religion to himself. The others use it as a basis for social engineering the country

Frankly, they scare me

Actually, I'd prefer someone who is upfront about how religion molds his life, as opposed to a guy who considers it an insult if you point out what his religion is.

I'm not fond of Evangelicals or any religion, but Mormonism offends me a bit more. Probably because of the batshit craziness and overall fraud involved.

Frankly, they scare me

Santorum is definitely a Religion pimp. Religions are all cults in one way or another.

Frankly, they scare me

Santorum is definitely a Religion pimp. Religions are all cults in one way or another.

It amazes me that in the 21st century, republicans still use religious beliefs as a critical issue for candidates

Can you believe we have a party that still considers evolution to be a fad?

Forum List

Back