When Romney gets the nomination.....

What I noticed is that you didn't address Synths point.

Do you really think there's going to be a planet of spirit children you are going to get to rule in the afterlife?

We are talking Romney, not me.

You can ask him when you visit the White House in 2013.

Actually, I'd prefer someone who is upfront about how religion molds his life, as opposed to a guy who considers it an insult if you point out what his religion is.

I'm not fond of Evangelicals or any religion, but Mormonism offends me a bit more. Probably because of the batshit craziness and overall fraud involved.

No, you only need to know what is necessary to keep your little world in tact inside your narrow little mind.

You are a real testament (can I use that word here ?) to the ongoing existence of ignorance.

If a Republican is elected president, it might not be that he is supported by republicans who are so fractured they couldn't get together behind one candidate if Ronald Reagan walked the earth again. It might be that the nation is vomiting up the bile that obama has become.

From Intrade. The odds of Romney winning the nomination are now 66%.

chart1318491050077324.png

Intrade - Mitt Romney to be Republican Presidential Nominee in 2012 is 66.6% probable

At the moment, the market certainly thinks he's going to get the nomination.

Romney is the McCain of 2012. McCain was hated, voted against Bush, Maverick, turn coat. But when it came time to vote in the primaries, McCain was the only credible candidate. Just like Romney today

Cheer up...you will grow to love him

Actually, my hatred of the Mormon cult is such that I won't. Ever.

The only question will be, will I vote third party or vote for the Keynan out of pure spite.

Actually, I prefer Romneys Mormonism to the hard line evangelicism of the other major GOP candidates. Romney keeps his religion to himself. The others use it as a basis for social engineering the country

Frankly, they scare me

If I thought Romney was going to pimp his religion in the Presidency, I wouldn't support him. But I have seen no evidence that he will thus far, not as a candidate nor as past governor.

Actually, my hatred of the Mormon cult is such that I won't. Ever.

The only question will be, will I vote third party or vote for the Keynan out of pure spite.

Actually, I prefer Romneys Mormonism to the hard line evangelicism of the other major GOP candidates. Romney keeps his religion to himself. The others use it as a basis for social engineering the country

Frankly, they scare me

If I thought Romney was going to pimp his religion in the Presidency, I wouldn't support him. But I have seen no evidence that he will thus far, not as a candidate nor as past governor.

Romney is the only one who does not pimp his religion yet receives the most shit for it

Say G.T., so sorry to ruin your wet dream, but ...

Romney isn't going to get the GOP nod.

IF we wanted Obama LITE, we could just vote for the President's re-election.

It took a while, but the campaign has led me to my decision.

I hope it lasts and lasts.

I'm gonna vote for and support Cain for President.

Hey how'd Fred Thompson do in '08 anyways?

Good one. :eusa_hand:

He ran a shitty campaign, lacked energy and made almost no impact, sadly. Too bad. He was the best potential President of all the candidates in both parties. But, his campaign kind of sucked.

And?

Are you actually suggesting that you see no difference between Fred Thompson's campaign efforts and the Cain campaign efforts? :lol:

Hey how'd Fred Thompson do in '08 anyways?

Fred Thompson was never seriously running. Fred Thompson was there to keep the conservative vote divided just long enough for his buddy, John McCain, to get some traction.

Now, I don't know if Cain is serious or not.

For the moment, he's the latest "Not Romney" that people are clinging to because real Republicans can't stand the thought of this weird Mormon Robot being their nominee.

It's almost like ROmney is the Chess club nerd, and the GOP Base is the Head Cheerleader, who is desperately looking for ANYONE else to take her to the dance. So they've gone through Trump, Huckabee, Bachmann, Palin, Christie, Perry, and now Cain as the "Oh, God, Not Romney" candidate.

Maybe they should get a restraining order, and he'll take a hint.

Liability put his predicting skizznils on the line in '08 and predicted Thompson to get the nod and argued it tooth and nail - - and will probably walk what I just said back a little because his ego is the size of Mount St. Helens

As you know, that's a lie. I was a Thompson supporter. And when he started out, I did think his campaign would take off in a new direction (including the prospect of making great use of the internet). His campaign however fell apart and he displayed very low levels of energy as a campaigner.

And?

My ego is in check. You can't honestly say the same thing, goat.

We are a bunch of idiots is we nominated wind sock Romney.

It's McCain all over again.

Another liberal in conservative's clothing who's main draw is that he ran four years ago.

How do we get so bamboozled by the "it's his turn" platform?

If Romney was running the for the first time in 2011, he would be polling with John Huntsman.

Romney : Pro-choice, now pro-life...for universal healthcare, now against universal healthcare...for a mandate, now against a mandate...for gun control, now a member of the NRA.

Obama is going to take this guy apart.

Another liberal in conservative's clothing who's main draw is that he ran four years ago.

If Romney was running the for the first time in 2011, he would be polling with John Huntsman.

Romney : Pro-choice, now pro-life...for universal healthcare, now against universal healthcare...for a mandate, now against a mandate...for gun control, now a member of the NRA.

What happened to your man Perry? Thought he was so rich and powerful? Never saw someone fade as fast as ole Rick

[youtube]F9Ygw9CQ9po&feature=related[/youtube]

Meet the Press, 2007 (Video Above)
Q: Are you still for the Brady Bill?

A: The Brady Bill has changed over time, and, of course, technology has changed over time. I would have supported the original assault weapon ban. I signed an assault weapon ban in Massachusetts governor because it provided for a relaxation of licensing requirements for gun owners in Massachusetts, which was a big plus. And so both the pro-gun and the anti-gun lobby came together with a bill, and I signed that. And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that’s something I would consider signing. There’s nothing of that nature that’s being proposed today in Washington. But I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality.

Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series Dec 16, 2007

Relating to this original position quoted during Romney's Massachusetts U.S. Senator election bid:
Romney does support assault weapons bill and Brady Bill

The candidate [Mitt Romney] reiterated his support for an assault weapons ban contained in Congress’ crime bill, and the Brady law which imposes a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases.

‘I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect,’ Romney said.

Source: Joe Battenfeld in Boston Herald Aug 1, 1994

[/QUOTE]

Come on, the major cultists are the evangelicals.

They are pissed that a guy from a denomination they don't like will be the party's candidate.

If they vote for him, he will win. If they vote for Obama or not vote, he will lose.

Either way, the evangelicals are destroying themselves politically: good riddance.

Last edited:
Fred Thompson was never seriously running. Fred Thompson was there to keep the conservative vote divided just long enough for his buddy, John McCain, to get some traction.

Now, I don't know if Cain is serious or not.

For the moment, he's the latest "Not Romney" that people are clinging to because real Republicans can't stand the thought of this weird Mormon Robot being their nominee.

It's almost like ROmney is the Chess club nerd, and the GOP Base is the Head Cheerleader, who is desperately looking for ANYONE else to take her to the dance. So they've gone through Trump, Huckabee, Bachmann, Palin, Christie, Perry, and now Cain as the "Oh, God, Not Romney" candidate.

Maybe they should get a restraining order, and he'll take a hint.

Liability put his predicting skizznils on the line in '08 and predicted Thompson to get the nod and argued it tooth and nail - - and will probably walk what I just said back a little because his ego is the size of Mount St. Helens

As you know, that's a lie. I was a Thompson supporter. And when he started out, I did think his campaign would take off in a new direction (including the prospect of making great use of the internet). His campaign however fell apart and he displayed very low levels of energy as a campaigner.

And?

goat = greatest of all time

get with the times

What happened to your man Perry? Thought he was so rich and powerful? Never saw someone fade as fast as ole Rick

Perry is not a strong debater.

He is still a far better choice than Wind Sock Romney.

So are Cain, Gingrich or Paul.

We've seen in the last 3 years that being a world class orator doesn't make a great leader.

Either Perry will find another vehicle for getting his message out, or he won't.

I hope he can, but it won't be easy.

If he can't climb back up, I'll support Cain or Gingrich.

Last edited:
Whoever gets the nomination we will support. It is silly to demonize the Candidates in the Process.

We've seen in the last 3 years that being a world class orator doesn't make a great leader.

Either Perry will find another vehicle for getting his message out, or he won't.

Its not just that he is not a strong debater, he seems unprepared...no excuse for that

People are jumping off the Perry bandwagon in droves. Familiarity leads to contempt. Gingrich is a nonfactor. Cain is the flavor of the month and will also fade quickly as the spotlight sits on him

Romney will win the nomination easilly

Last edited:

People are jumping off the Perry bandwagon in droves. Familiarity leads to contempt. Gingrich is a nonfactor. Cain is the flavor of the month and will also fade quickly as the spotlight sits on him

Who are you voting for again? :lol:

You want Perry back that badly? Is that it? :D

Who are you voting for again? :lol:

You want Perry back that badly? Is that it? :D

This is a political message board and I am free to provide my opinions on political candidates. If you differ with my opinion, you are free to offer up your own political theories and predictions

This is fun isn't it?

And?

goat = greatest of all time

get with the times

Funny. That's what The Prophet Mohammed said about the little critter when he fucked it up the ass.

edited. ~elvis.

Forum List

Back