When Romney gets the nomination.....

Everyone keeps saying that, but when your fillibuster "proof" number includes Joe Lieberman, it's not fillibuster proof.

I've heard this man (Lieberman) sucking Sean Hannity's toes for the last 5-6 years now. He's a rat in rat's clothing.

Given the shoddy way the Democratic party has treated Joe Leiberman over the years, that he still caucuses with you guys and votes your way most of the time should be enough.

And it's not like the Republicans don't have a few guys who jump the aisle when their egos tell them to.

To the point. His priority was on getting the health care plan passed. Not fixing the economy. And after he dickered with Lieberman and Bayh and all the others, what he ended up with was RomneyCare on a national level, which doesn't even fix the real problems.

Now imagine Bill Clinton in the same scenario. Not a fan of Clinton, thought he was almost as sleazy as Romney is. But do you imagine him getting rolled by backbenchers in the Senate?

I'm not in the Democrat party.

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

Obama was not pushed into keeping Guantanamo open, keeping the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, keeping the unconstitutional parts of the Patriot Act on the books, classifying his administration's interpretation of them (!), putting Wall Street cronies in his cabinet as economic advisers, keeping Bernanke at the Fed, taking single-payer off the table before negotiations on health-care reform even started, or putting together an inadequate and inefficient stimulus proposal. Those were all unpopular positions, especially with his supporters. He did all of it on his own.

^ this.

A staunch conservative is no more likely to win than a far left wing candidate. Because the fact remains that American is a centerist nation. We don't do 'far' on either side.... and, despite being a conservative, I think that's great.

Me too, but I still think it's bullshit the way Obama was portrayed as some deep leftist outsider when it appeared to me, and still does, that he was a centerist also all along.

(of course when we say "centerist" they still have a predominant lean, it's just not extreme).

This is a POLITICS forum s0n. Nobody cares how the typical hyper-partisan lefty k00ks think Obama has been portrayed. Independents think Obama is a hard left asshole at this stage of the game and thats the only thing that matters for next year. We're looking at a political rout come this time next year. Only the k00ks are going to be sitting there still scratching their heads.

Your vagina is showing, dog.

Me too, but I still think it's bullshit the way Obama was portrayed as some deep leftist outsider when it appeared to me, and still does, that he was a centerist also all along.

(of course when we say "centerist" they still have a predominant lean, it's just not extreme).

As an individual, Obama is not a 'centerist' he is left wing. What he found out upon taking office is that he could not govern from the left. He was pushed to the center.

I disagree. Obama can govern from the left all he wants. He was elected to do just that, and in fact had a mandate for all intents and purposes.

He never planned on doing so though, because he has interests to serve on the right as well, that helped get him in office.

At the end of the day though, there really is no right or left. That's a paradigm that keeps the masses very well manipulated. The people in power don't give a fuck about sides of aisles.

Yea, that's what the Democrats thought. That they had a mandate to govern from the left. When they tried it, they were a tad surprised to find that Americans did not agree. Hence the shift to the center.

I, personally, think Obama fully intended to take the country waaaay further to the left, but he realized fairly quickly that that plan was a non starter.

Romney will get the nomination because he is more palatable to the silent majority of rational republicans (yes they exist)

Unfortunately, Baggers will saddle him with a platform that will prevent him from having a prayer of being elected

Everyone keeps saying that, but when your fillibuster "proof" number includes Joe Lieberman, it's not fillibuster proof.

I've heard this man (Lieberman) sucking Sean Hannity's toes for the last 5-6 years now. He's a rat in rat's clothing.

Given the shoddy way the Democratic party has treated Joe Leiberman over the years, that he still caucuses with you guys and votes your way most of the time should be enough.

And it's not like the Republicans don't have a few guys who jump the aisle when their egos tell them to.

To the point. His priority was on getting the health care plan passed. Not fixing the economy. And after he dickered with Lieberman and Bayh and all the others, what he ended up with was RomneyCare on a national level, which doesn't even fix the real problems.

Now imagine Bill Clinton in the same scenario. Not a fan of Clinton, thought he was almost as sleazy as Romney is. But do you imagine him getting rolled by backbenchers in the Senate?

When you make comments like "Suck Hannity's toes" (there's a mental image I didn't need) you can kind of see why I'd conclude you are.

But would you like to take a shot at the rest of my point. Do you think Hillary would have had as hard a time with these jokers as Obama has?

Probably not.

When you make comments like "Suck Hannity's toes" (there's a mental image I didn't need) you can kind of see why I'd conclude you are.

But would you like to take a shot at the rest of my point. Do you think Hillary would have had as hard a time with these jokers as Obama has?

Probably not.

Well, I really despise guys like Hannity and Rush, Beck, Matthews, Olbermann.......for the simple fact that they get paid to spread the gap between Americans.

I don't know that Hillary's situation would be the same to begin with. She might be seasoned enough to have not catered to Republican sentiments.................changed the bill around, ditched the public option, etc etc...........

What I'm trying to say is.....she has more balls probably

I can't. I'm pretty damn conservative and I think Hannity only ruins our ideology. Same with Beck, Reagan, Savage, Rush, etc.

Probably not.

Well, I really despise guys like Hannity and Rush, Beck, Matthews, Olbermann.......for the simple fact that they get paid to spread the gap between Americans.

Fuckin A.

Probably not.

Fuckin A.

Fuckin A.....m a producer, named Paulie but I don't barely produce a foot tap at the dinner table anymore :(

Romneys biggest problem will be the Sarah Palin clone they stick him with for Vice President

Fuckin A.

Fuckin A.....m a producer, named Paulie but I don't barely produce a foot tap at the dinner table anymore :(

The creativity just aint flowing like it used to dude. I lost my mojo.

Fuckin A.

The creativity just aint flowing like it used to dude. I lost my mojo.

and by mojo, you mean
marijuana-restaurant-a7c.jpg

I know how you feel man.

Romneys biggest problem will be the Sarah Palin clone they stick him with for Vice President

No, Romney's biggest problem is going to be he's Mitt Romney, someone 75% of Republicans don't actually want.

Yet they keep trotting out a new stiff every three weeks to try to beat Romney.

How many more weeks till Cain implodes?

No, Romney's biggest problem is going to be he's Mitt Romney, someone 75% of Republicans don't actually want.

Actually, hard to say. He might get the nomination.

Or the GOP Rank and file might conclude despite his early poor peformance, Perry is the most credible "Not Romney" there is.

BUt the thing is, Romney isn't going to expand beyond his 25% support. No matter how many debates the liberal media calls for him, how much Chris Matthews cheers for him. REpublicans just don't like the guy.

Actually, hard to say. He might get the nomination.

Or the GOP Rank and file might conclude despite his early poor peformance, Perry is the most credible "Not Romney" there is.

BUt the thing is, Romney isn't going to expand beyond his 25% support. No matter how many debates the liberal media calls for him, how much Chris Matthews cheers for him. REpublicans just don't like the guy.

The 25% arch conservatives can't stand him and will try to force their tea Bagger de jour on the rest of the party. Once again, when actual republicans start voting in the primaries Romney will run away. Tea Bagger will take Iowa. Romney takes New Hampshire and come Super Tuesday it will all be over

The 25% arch conservatives can't stand him and will try to force their tea Bagger de jour on the rest of the party. Once again, when actual republicans start voting in the primaries Romney will run away. Tea Bagger will take Iowa. Romney takes New Hampshire and come Super Tuesday it will all be over

Guy, somehow, I doubt you know that many "actual republicans", so maybe you should shut your mouth. Frankly, every time you spout off about Republicans, you sound like a lot of sad, HuffPo stereotyping.

Romney might get the nomination, he might not. If he does, he'll lose, because he's an awful candidate for a number of reasons. I won't vote for him. Ever.

Romney never got much over 25% in 2008, and he's not polling over 25% now.

Guy, somehow, I doubt you know that many "actual republicans", so maybe you should shut your mouth. Frankly, every time you spout off about Republicans, you sound like a lot of sad, HuffPo stereotyping.

Romney might get the nomination, he might not. If he does, he'll lose, because he's an awful candidate for a number of reasons. I won't vote for him. Ever.

Romney never got much over 25% in 2008, and he's not polling over 25% now.

Romney is the McCain of 2012. McCain was hated, voted against Bush, Maverick, turn coat. But when it came time to vote in the primaries, McCain was the only credible candidate. Just like Romney today

Cheer up...you will grow to love him

Forum List

Back