When does life begin?

It's ok--A lot of people don't. Just because science has yet to prove the "irrational" to be rational, doesn't mean it isn't.
(in spite of what science would like you to think)

No, anything that lacks rational proof is irrational--absolute truth exists on both sides but it is only on the rational side that Man can know something is true. You are playing with a fallacy here--the absence of proof is not a proof.

No, anything that lacks rational proof is irrational--absolute truth exists on both sides but it is only on the rational side that Man can know something is true. You are playing with a fallacy here--the absence of proof is not a proof.

right--so quit trying to prove me that since there is no proof of God, he doesn't exist.

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical."

- Thomas Jefferson: Bill for Religious Freedom, 1779. Papers 2:545

While I am adament in my opposition to abortion and the public funding thereof. I feel this way, it is a moral decision that one must make, it is between themselves and whatever god they happen to believe in. However, do not force me to pay for your beliefs in the form of taxes that support things like Planned Parenthood. If the anti-abortion issue were so important an isssue then fund it yourself. There has to be a balance somewhere, a place where logic takes over passion and I think we can all agree that a baby born alive is born and should be given all the rights as a human being, and if you think this is so, Its not a whole lot to ask, that any viable life be given that same respect.

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical."

While I am adament in my opposition to abortion and the public funding thereof. I feel this way, it is a moral decision that one must make, it is between themselves and whatever god they happen to believe in. However, do not force me to pay for your beliefs in the form of taxes that support things like Planned Parenthood. If the anti-abortion issue were so important an isssue then fund it yourself. There has to be a balance somewhere, a place where logic takes over passion and I think we can all agree that a baby born alive is born and should be given all the rights as a human being, and if you think this is so, Its not a whole lot to ask, that any viable life be given that same respect.

Obama didn't seem to agree with you.

ya but we have "premonitions".

I rather think our ability to reason allows us to imagine. It's a bit like Science Fiction. SF writers have powerful imaginations but they don't dream their fictional concepts out of nothing. They synethsise what they (we as humans) already know. They dream up fantastic concepts and now and then a scientist and and engineer and a whole bunch of other very practical people will come along and make that fantastic concept a reality.

I remember reading a story by Isaac Asimov which was set in a world where there was very little contact between humans but they communicated with each other via computer screens.....:D

Nah, that's never going to happen! :lol:

I rather think our ability to reason allows us to imagine. It's a bit like Science Fiction. SF writers have powerful imaginations but they don't dream their fictional concepts out of nothing. They synethsise what they (we as humans) already know. They dream up fantastic concepts and now and then a scientist and and engineer and a whole bunch of other very practical people will come along and make that fantastic concept a reality.

I remember reading a story by Isaac Asimov which was set in a world where there was very little contact between humans but they communicated with each other via computer screens.....:D

Nah, that's never going to happen! :lol:

some of our premonitions just plain exist and existed before science could "deem" them rational.
( nobody had to engineer it ) It's amazing what we know sometimes --without science even having to prove it for us .

Okay Cali, lemmie ask ya a question.....

Since you believe in the egg being a human, and you believe in a sperm being a human, and since it's illegal to kill humans, does this mean that dudes who beat off should be sent to prison for mass murder?

Nope dillo, not thumping, but I do feel that there are quite a few answers that puzzle us that can be found there.

Well... doesn't the Christian bible say something untoward about a man "spilling his seed upon the ground". Prison might be a bit of a harsh punishment but... you do know that it'll cause you to grow hair on your palms.

You've been warned!:eusa_hand:

So if life begins at birth - uh.. what is that inside a pregnant mom that's moving arms and legs all over the place? And for that matter, what's on this 4D Ultrasound Picture I have of my last daughter?

Trying to tell me that's not Life? If that's what you're saying, I'd highly encourage you to put down the crack -pipe..

There is that group of biologists who deem the fetus to be a parasite... totally dependent for growth on the oxygen, nutrients, and blood supply of its host.

:eek: Hey, don't shoot the messenger! You asked!

Planned Parenthood is just where you get abortion. It provides other services such as birth control and unless you want to support even more people. Trust me more young girls use Planned Parenthood for other purposes then abortions.
Teenagers have sex and will always have sex! Where do you think they are going to go if they don't want their parents to know they are having sex but want to be safe!

How much does Planned Parenthood get from the Feds?

According to their 2005 IRS 990, they recieved $150,000 out of their $57,135,488 total revenue.

FYI that equates to 0.0026% of their entire budget.

source

right--so quit trying to prove me that since there is no proof of God, he doesn't exist.

You're the one making the argument not me. I offered no proof one way or the other. There isn't any which is why we cannot say it is true.

some of our premonitions just plain exist and existed before science could "deem" them rational.
( nobody had to engineer it ) It's amazing what we know sometimes --without science even having to prove it for us .

Premonition or intuition? Einstein's intuition led him to the theory of relativity. At what point did his work become knowledge?

Why? What is the relevance? If we define the beginning as when cells first divide then the end would be when cells stop dividing yet hair and fingernails can divide and grow long after one has been planted in the ground.

Old wives' tale. Soft tissue recedes as it decomposes making it look as though nails and hair have grown.

Forum List

Back