When does life begin?

Yes i mean that exactly, let the women choose what to do with the males that rape them,....... that would me wonderful, i am glad we understand each... jerk

There aren't enough women in the government to make that happen. You would need males to push through that kind of legislation. But since men can't have opinions on female issues......
And I agree with letting the woman choose what to do with the men that rape them.....but my opinion doesn't count.

Again you male, my sexyness is NOT the issue we are talking about, just go play with you penis some where,,, and stay out of adult conversations,shhhhhh the grown-ups are talking

You just joined up here and you think you already know who all the adults are?

Nope....I've changed my mind......you're a sexist c-nt for saying that just because you don't have a uterus, you can't participate in the conversation.

BTW bitch......WTF, do you think that just because you have a uterus, you have ultimate say over the kid? Might wanna check with the sperm donor.

Which is my point; viable life vs the very last cell division are two very different things. Myself, I think when life is no longer viable it is at an end irrespective of cell division. How about you? When do you think it ends, at viability or the very last cell division?

I don't know. They stopped feeding my grandmother when she had her last stroke. It was tough to wrestle with, but it wasn't my decision.

Actually, Cali, no it's not so tough of a question. The correct answer is contained in the Torah (first 5 books of the Old Testament). In there, it states that a person's soul is actually a piece of God that was carved off for us, and was placed in the embryo. When does that happen? According to the Hebrews, 40 days.

Before 40 days? Hey.....do whatever. After 40 days? Well.....might wanna start talking to God about it and ask what He tells ya to do.

And, just out of curiosity, since you think that a single cell (the egg) is alive, does this mean that because they can clone things, does this mean that a skin cell from around your belly button is you, or just a part of you?

You're using the same logic to try to say that just because the egg is there, its a human. Nope.....sorry, because without the sperm to provide the other material required, it's just a cell.

I am saying that the egg is human and it is alive. It isn't a cabbage, and it isn't dead. The same logic holds for a skin cell.

The forty days thing is convenient, I am glad they had the presence of mind to include that in the Torah. I mean, how else we would know?

No uterus, no opnion

The right of a woman to choose centers around our individual right to be sovereigns over our own bodies. The question centers around whether society, through government, has a right to control the human body. My right to be my own sovereign is no different than your right to be your own sovereign--and that is the point. Do not try to take this journey alone--you'll loose.

I am saying that the egg is human and it is alive. It isn't a cabbage, and it isn't dead. The same logic holds for a skin cell.

The forty days thing is convenient, I am glad they had the presence of mind to include that in the Torah. I mean, how else we would know?

Would this not make most birth control methods illegal? If an egg is alive, is a sperm alive?

Of course a human sperm is alive. They wiggle like crazy and dead things don't do this.

Would this not make most birth control methods illegal? If an egg is alive, is a sperm alive?

A sperm or an egg by itself will never be anything but a sperm or an egg. A fertilized ova (whether it was fertilized by 1 or many sperm) has the complete human dna necessary to become a fully developed human.... not a chicken, not a duck, but a human.

Actually, Cali, no it's not so tough of a question. The correct answer is contained in the Torah

How can the correct answer be contained in the torah when the torah is based on irrationalism and outside the realm of rational truth?

No, there's actually a difference between a piece of a human and a complete human. Without the sperm, it's just a cell (although a cell with great potential).

And, if you would spend some time studying it, you'd learn quite a few things that really make sense. Remember, the Torah is the literal Word of God, and with Him wanting to make sure we were prepared and to keep us going the right way, don't you think that He would have included some of that stuff in there?

Check out this website sometime......it's really good......

Universal Torah Network

So if life begins at birth - uh.. what is that inside a pregnant mom that's moving arms and legs all over the place? And for that matter, what's on this 4D Ultrasound Picture I have of my last daughter?

Trying to tell me that's not Life? If that's what you're saying, I'd highly encourage you to put down the crack -pipe..

So if life begins at birth - uh.. what is that inside a pregnant mom that's moving arms and legs all over the place? And for that matter, what's on this 4D Ultrasound Picture I have of my last daughter?

Trying to tell me that's not Life? If that's what you're saying, I'd highly encourage you to put down the crack -pipe..

hey--it's her brain :lol:

A sperm or an egg by itself will never be anything but a sperm or an egg. A fertilized ova (whether it was fertilized by 1 or many sperm) has the complete human dna necessary to become a fully developed human.... not a chicken, not a duck, but a human.

So. Plop it out on the table and does it walk and talk--do a little jig? The potential to be a human and being human with rights enforced by government are two different things.

For Obama, birth isn't necessarily life.

Yup, it's not alive, it's potential life.

And unless it concerns you, why do you care? Serious question.

Look inside a plant seed, there is a little thing that looks like a plant but it isn't a plant until it sprouts.

How can the correct answer be contained in the torah when the torah is based on irrationalism and outside the realm of rational truth?

Ever read or studied any of it PeterS? If not, STFU and go in the corner, because you've obviously got a closed mind as reflected in this post.

So. Plop it out on the table and does it walk and talk--do a little jig? The potential to be a human and being human with rights enforced by government are two different things.

Oh my, I don't think you want to argue this point... and lose. :D

No, there's actually a difference between a piece of a human and a complete human. Without the sperm, it's just a cell (although a cell with great potential).

And, if you would spend some time studying it, you'd learn quite a few things that really make sense. Remember, the Torah is the literal Word of God, and with Him wanting to make sure we were prepared and to keep us going the right way, don't you think that He would have included some of that stuff in there?

Check out this website sometime......it's really good......

Universal Torah Network
I appreciate your position, but I do respectfully disagree.

Does the torah say anything about the potential for a unique life from cloning from a piece of a human?

Forum List

Back