What's with some on the right and purity?

Really? How about Zel Miller and Lieberman? I mean 4 years after running as the parties Vice President on the National Ticket the party kicked Lieberman to the curb.

I know ... like I said ... I'm sure this exists on some level with the left but it isn't nearly as prevalent as is on the right.

The only reason you don't see it as equally prevalent on the left is that you agree with them. You overlook the flaws of your side and blow those of your opposition out of proportion.

Not really though ... I think it's fair to say this phenomenon is more prevalent on the right. "Conservatism" is practically a religion to some of these people.

I have observed that there are those on the right who are often measuring one another based on some idea of what a "real" conservative is ... the term RINO is given to Republicans who don't toe the party line enough.

I think it gives power to conservatives as it simplifies the message. Notice how even Christine O'Donnell was excused her idiocy because she stuck to the conservative talking points. Life is obviously not this simple, but there are only ten commandments, and for conservatives three issues: government, taxes, and progressives (used to be liberals). Makes targets easy and blame simple. Liberals will never learn this as individual freedom means harder choices. http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/148425-my-new-year-resolutions.html#post3144063

I have observed that there are those on the right who are often measuring one another based on some idea of what a "real" conservative is ... the term RINO is given to Republicans who don't toe the party line enough.

I think it gives power to conservatives as it simplifies the message. Notice how even Christine O'Donnell was excused her idiocy because she stuck to the conservative talking points. Life is obviously not this simple, but there are only ten commandments, and for conservatives three issues: government, taxes, and progressives (used to be liberals). Makes targets easy and blame simple. Liberals will never learn this as individual freedom means harder choices. http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/148425-my-new-year-resolutions.html#post3144063

This tactic sure has paid off handsomely for Sarah Palin as well. The weak minded have made her a millionaire in a very short period of time.

2458477470082084340S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm sure this exists on some level with the left but it isn't nearly as prevelant as is on the right.

What gives?

maybe its just expressed in different ways.

for instance this last election; anyone with any political acumen at all saw the writing on the wall and knew that all those 'blue dogs' rahm worked hard to front and get elected in 06 were gonna get put in the front lines as cannon fodder to take the hill called Obama care...and they did as many thought go down as the cannon fodder they were.
The old guard in those liberal districts had no care or risk at all from as they are from very safe districts who hold all of the committee chairs, and were safe and they knew it.

Maybe reps. just want to end up with whom they started and enact leg. without having to shove everyone in front of the cannon in a political bloodletting.

Interesting way to look at it. The last two years was certainly about spending political capital, not gaining it. No doubt the Dem leadership willingly sacrificed those seats but I don't see the Dem losses as an ideological purge. However, I do recall some frustration with a few Senate Democrats coming from the left.

no, I agree it wan't a purge on the face of it, BUT the result is we are left with who we are left with, nancy as speaker again? After the biggest spanking since 1946?

Rahm's decision to seek dem 'cons' i.e. blue dogs to take the majority may have been just a cynical ploy to get the seats/numbers, fine thas how the game is played BUT he also , if the Beltway rumor mill is correct told obama to try and he attempted to keep nancy and harry from blowing the majority up by doing what they did.

In the end they had no use for those outside their particular pol. tribalism if they didn't vote the way they wanted them to vote. Its a wash.

I know ... like I said ... I'm sure this exists on some level with the left but it isn't nearly as prevalent as is on the right.

The only reason you don't see it as equally prevalent on the left is that you agree with them. You overlook the flaws of your side and blow those of your opposition out of proportion.

Not really though ... I think it's fair to say this phenomenon is more prevalent on the right. "Conservatism" is practically a religion to some of these people.

and liberalism or 'progressivism' isn't? come now.

and liberalism or 'progressivism' isn't? come now.

I think it would be interesting to take 100 self described liberals and 100 self described conservatives and ask them to define their respective ideologies and see which group has a more uniform set of answers.

Thank you for proving my point.

Love of Marxism and being any type of a Conservative are mutually exclusive, so when someone tells us they are a real Conservative and loves everything Obama's done AND defend Marxism, that means he's a poseur.

Now, Article 15 can still suck said poseur's dick, run to his defense in the thread where said poseur notes his love of Marxism and then start a whole new thread professing his love for the poseur, but he's still a poseur.

maybe its just expressed in different ways.

for instance this last election; anyone with any political acumen at all saw the writing on the wall and knew that all those 'blue dogs' rahm worked hard to front and get elected in 06 were gonna get put in the front lines as cannon fodder to take the hill called Obama care...and they did as many thought go down as the cannon fodder they were.
The old guard in those liberal districts had no care or risk at all from as they are from very safe districts who hold all of the committee chairs, and were safe and they knew it.

Maybe reps. just want to end up with whom they started and enact leg. without having to shove everyone in front of the cannon in a political bloodletting.

Interesting way to look at it. The last two years was certainly about spending political capital, not gaining it. No doubt the Dem leadership willingly sacrificed those seats but I don't see the Dem losses as an ideological purge. However, I do recall some frustration with a few Senate Democrats coming from the left.

no, I agree it wan't a purge on the face of it, BUT the result is we are left with who we are left with, nancy as speaker again? After the biggest spanking since 1946?

Rahm's decision to seek dem 'cons' i.e. blue dogs to take the majority may have been just a cynical ploy to get the seats/numbers, fine thas how the game is played BUT he also , if the Beltway rumor mill is correct told obama to try and he attempted to keep nancy and harry from blowing the majority up by doing what they did.

In the end they had no use for those outside their particular pol. tribalism if they didn't vote the way they wanted them to vote. Its a wash.

I get the feelin' they were losing the majority almost no matter what.

Love of Marxism and being any type of a Conservative are mutually exclusive, so when someone tells us they are a real Conservative and loves everything Obama's done AND defend Marxism, that means he's a poseur.

Now, Article 15 can still suck said poseur's dick, run to his defense in the thread where said poseur notes his love of Marxism and then start a whole new thread professing his love for the poseur, but he's still a poseur.

Your binky fell out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpWonUzlrc[/ame]

Wow....Cali-G must have gotten a mind reading machine for Christmas....:cuckoo:

No. I just enjoy pointing out the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid. It's not my problem if both sides are incapable of seeing reality.

Apparently, you, the terminally stupid, are the only one who enjoys you pointing out anything.

Congratulations! I had not realized you had been voted spokesperson for the board. Fool.

Your binky fell out.

BTW, I support Gay Marriage and am hoping you and Jake send me an invite

Say what you will but we have had threads here about how liberals don't even like calling themselves liberals but if somehow conservatism could be brewed into an energy drink it would fly off the shelves.

Say what you will but we have had threads here about how liberals don't even like calling themselves liberals but if somehow conservatism could be brewed into an energy drink it would fly off the shelves.

Don't worry your little pointy head about it, you and Jake have Detroit, Newark, NYC with a $4B shortfall and can't even clear snow off the streets, 10% national unemployment, record debt deficits and poverty. You run on your record, we'll run on ours.

uhm, I cannot agree, they may have lost some seats but not the beating they took at what, 64? They had plenty of roadsigns, Vrginny, NJ then Mass...they never waived, they wanted what they wanted and damn the price. Thye had lost the propaganda war in jan when brown was elected, they went on anyway and nancy twisted every single arm and broke as many more, to get what they wanted.

To believe she did not know or have advisers who watch this stuff for her , telling her she was iin for a real bloodbath is making her out to be an idiot, shes lost of things but shes not politically stupid.

I don't really care about what people call themselves - other than the fact that progressives lie and pretend they're liberals.

But... you did prove my point. You claim 'conservatism' is practically a religion on the right and completely ignore the exact same issue on the left. Therefore, this thread is more about your own inability to see the flaws on your 'side' and, as usual, over-emphasis the issues on the right.

No. I just enjoy pointing out the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid. It's not my problem if both sides are incapable of seeing reality.

Apparently, you, the terminally stupid, are the only one who enjoys you pointing out anything.

Congratulations! I had not realized you had been voted spokesperson for the board. Fool.

Thanks! Just pointing out the obvious to the terminally stupid....

uhm, I cannot agree, they may have lost some seats but not the beating they took at what, 64? They had plenty of roadsigns, Vrginny, NJ then Mass...they never waived, they wanted what they wanted and damn the price. Thye had lost the propaganda war in jan when brown was elected, they went on anyway and nancy twisted every single arm and broke as many more, to get what they wanted.

To believe she did not know or have advisers who watch this stuff for her , telling her she was iin for a real bloodbath is making her out to be an idiot, shes lost of things but shes not politically stupid.

Of course they wouldn't have taken as bad a beating but they were losing the House no matter what they did, I think. The GOP bet on a bad economy and opposing anything Obama did. It was a good bet. Pushing thru HCR at that time didn't help their situation (despite having campaigned on massive reform) as it gave the right, who are already excellent campaigners, more ammunition. It was a dumb move, IMO, and I doubt the bill will have a net positive on things.

I'm sure this exists on some level with the left but it isn't nearly as prevelant as is on the right.

What gives?

Really? How about Zel Miller and Lieberman? I mean 4 years after running as the parties Vice President on the National Ticket the party kicked Lieberman to the curb.

Horse shit

Forum List

Back