Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Bank ATM's

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The 1%!

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
The problem with the economy is conservative economic theories of the past...they were put into practice and the chickens have come home to roost

Which of Friedmans theories do you have in mind? and why????

Please tell us or admit to being a low IQ liberal
The same theories Friedmen recommended to Pinochet which led to the destruction of the Chilean middle class, the rise of a financial nobility, and a long period of economic enslavement. Anyone who wishes to understand the details need only read Naomi Klein's, The Shock Doctrine.

so then why be so afraid to give us the most significant policy to which you refer??? What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character?

Last edited:
Which of Friedmans theories do you have in mind? and why????

Please tell us or admit to being a low IQ liberal
The same theories Friedmen recommended to Pinochet which led to the destruction of the Chilean middle class, the rise of a financial nobility, and a long period of economic enslavement. Anyone who wishes to understand the details need only read Naomi Klein's, The Shock Doctrine.

so then why be so afraid to give us the most significant policy to which you refer??? What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character?
Ed has his posts pre canned. He just cuts and pastes. That way he does not need to try to think. Because, if he tries, he fails. Poor ed.
Ed has fear issues. You see that in most of his posts. Poor ed. Projecting fear in his posts.

Ed has his posts pre canned. He just cuts and pastes. That way he does not need to try to think. Because, if he tries, he fails. Poor ed.
Ed has fear issues. You see that in most of his posts. Poor ed. Projecting fear in his posts.

Most of that is true, yet you make him look like Stephen Hawking.

If you find Jefferson or Friedman were fearful more than logical why be so afraid to point out your best example?? What does your fear tell you about the liberal IQ and character??

Ed has his posts pre canned. He just cuts and pastes.

This is mostly true and it is because political ideas have not changed in 2000 years. Let's not forget, conservative intellectuals are very educated folks who know and conserve good ideas, beginning with Aristotle, while liberals are pure ignorant fools always reinventing the wheel as Hitler, Stalin, and Mao did.

Why did you think our liberals spied for Hitler, or was it Stalin???

A person could write a book on this subject....but I'll try and give my humble opinion.

The Federal government is the source of our Debt, Deficit, regulations, taxes, subsidies, bailouts, and monetary policy. The only control the average American person has is by voting and demonstrating. So the power to make this economic mess lays at the feet of the Federal government...so in the only way to fix it is by fixing the Federal government.

What is broke?
Since Government has the power it has Greed. Lobbyist and twisted politicians have destroyed our country's federal government. Lobbyist armed with big bank accounts can sway (buy) politicians into passing any law, tax break, or subside to benefit their clients. And they have!

How to fix it?
Limit the power of the federal government. Thus, limiting outside influence. Limit the growth of government in relation to GDP. Force a balance budget. Change our tax system to the FairTax.

I can go on...but I'll keep it short.

Cut all fed gov to zero except courts and military (cut that too). Keep current tax brackets for 2 years. Pay off debt entirely. Do a small excise tax to pay for new small government. Bye bye federal corruption and police state

Cut all fed gov to zero except courts and military (cut that too). Keep current tax brackets for 2 years. Pay off debt entirely. Do a small excise tax to pay for new small government. Bye bye federal corruption and police state
Hmm. Sounds like a libertarian paradise. Can you tell me when that has EVER worked. If not, why not?

Hmm. Sounds like a libertarian paradise. Can you tell me when that has EVER worked. If not, why not?

Human nature...and greed. The former is the perview of everyone, the last, in general terms, is the mantra of Conservatives...

Well exactly what I'm saying was never tried. But the nation did fine (even paid off all debt and fought wars) without an income tax

Well exactly what I'm saying was never tried. But the nation did fine (even paid off all debt and fought wars) without an income tax
Ah, but it has been tried. Just never worked. Because, you see, you are talking about a libertarian economy. And a libertarian economy has about the same chance of success as a communist economy. Both lead to economic cesspools for the people. Which is why you can not name one that has worked.
Relative to the US without income taxes, yes that was true. It did exist. But the gov was then financed primarily by tariffs. May be helpful today, but not likely to be exclusive of income taxes.

Ah, but it has been tried. Just never worked. Because, you see, you are talking about a libertarian economy. And a libertarian economy has about the same chance of success as a communist economy. Both lead to economic cesspools for the people. Which is why you can not name one that has worked.
Relative to the US without income taxes, yes that was true. It did exist. But the gov was then financed primarily by tariffs. May be helpful today, but not likely to be exclusive of income taxes.

How does a completely free market not work? Free markets are defined by win-win trades and nothing else.

How does a completely free market not work? Free markets are defined by win-win trades and nothing else.
For a number of reasons, me boy. You could start by reading Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations. He, among others of his following, believed that monopoly power made capitalism unworkable. He recomended regulation of monopolistic industries.
But, if as you believe, free markets are bound to work, try showing us one. And where is that libertarian example??

For a number of reasons, me boy. You could start by reading Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations. He, among others of his following, believed that monopoly power made capitalism unworkable. He recomended regulation of monopolistic industries.
But, if as you believe, free markets are bound to work, try showing us one. And where is that libertarian example??

It is too bad I can point to real world examples that prove an unregulated market does not lead to monopolies.

It is too bad I can point to real world examples that prove an unregulated market does not lead to monopolies.
But you are misreading what I said. On purpose, I suspect. What I said was, and is, monopolistic power and monopolistic industries. A true monopoly would be a single company in any industry. Which does not exist for a variety of reasons, most importantly, geography. But lets see your best effort.

Last edited:
"Well exactly what I'm saying was never tried. But the nation did fine (even paid off all debt and fought wars) without an income tax."

lol you don't get out of the cave much. Maybe communist countries fight wars without taxes but then slaves have nothing to pay.

Stealing from workers to feed the 1% pigs at the trough is not a free market and their has never been a free market anywhere in the world.

Regulation to hold back the landlord that makes his riches off other peoples sweat is the only system where all prosper and advance a society.

After reading the posts. What do you thank a "successful economy" looks like? What are the benchmarks and how do you measure it?

I would love to hear examples of "successful economies". Why did they work and why did they fail?

Last edited:

The MAFIA completely agrees with you on this.

They ALO believe that all markets, all economic activities and all individuals should be completely free to do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want

After all, all regulations are violation of somebody's freedoms.

Forum List

Back