POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
I had a suspicion that these people have zero interest in healing anything, and instead have essentially -- well, literally -- turned into separatists.

So I test drove the suspicion here. Turns out I was right.

So any bitching they do about anyone else dividing us is simply full of shit. It's what they want.
Yep. And, to be fair, half the people who answered "yes", are really just saying how nice it would be if the other side gave in and realized they were wrong.

No. It's accepting that "they" live here too, and have the same rights as you do.
Rights are something we come to agreement to. Maybe they just simply disagree with you on what type of rights others should have. They're not sick. That's just a paternalistic way to look at them. I have no problem shitting on MAGAts but I at least recognize at the end of the day we simply have a difference of opinion. You're the ones who thinks there's something wrong with them. I just don't want them to have any political or social power. I'm not trying to "fix" them or "heal" them like I'm some righteous crusader. I'm just another asshole with a different opinion. You and Mac want to think more highly of yourselves than you are. But I find that typical of dipshit libertarians.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Both sides have the mentality that uniting the country means the other side coming over to your way of thinking. And, as far as "compromise" goes, all it means is staking out extremist positions so that when you "compromise" you get what you really wanted in the first place. Trouble is, since both sides do it, there really isn't such a thing as a compromise, which is why neither side compromises.

Both sides have the mentality that uniting the country means the other side coming over to your way of thinking.
Thats the mentality of the Tweeners on this forum who pretend to be moderates but are mostly libs in disguise

Rights are something we come to agreement to. Maybe they just simply disagree with you on what type of rights others should have. They're not sick. That's just a paternalistic way to look at them. I have no problem shitting on MAGAts but I at least recognize at the end of the day we simply have a difference of opinion. You're the ones who thinks there's something wrong with them. I just don't want them to have any political or social power. I'm not trying to "fix" them or "heal" them like I'm some righteous crusader. I'm just another asshole with a different opinion. You and Mac want to think more highly of yourselves than you are. But I find that typical of dipshit libertarians.
:itsok:

The point of the thread is that our country is falling apart because of stubborn partisans who can't accept that half the country doesn't agree with them. Each thinks they can win a 51% majority and force their will on the rest of the nation. That's not gonna happen. What will happen, what IS happening, is that we'll go down in flames bickering over the culture war.

Better learn Chinese.

The point of the thread is that our country is falling apart because of stubborn partisans who can't accept that half the country doesn't agree with them. Each thinks they can win a 51% majority and force their will on the rest of the nation. That's not gonna happen. What will happen, what IS happening, is that we'll go down in flames bickering over the culture war.

Better learn Chinese.
I'm not here to sing kumbaya with extremists, regressives, and especially magaturds. Period. I give zero fucks about unity.

I'm not here to sing kumbaya with extremists, regressives, and especially magaturds. Period. I give zero fucks about unity.
LOL - unity isn't about singing kumbaya. It's just smart politics. It's recognizing that thrashing back and forth, between left wing jerkoff fantasies and right wing jerkoff fantasies, is burying us.

Last edited:
Unity is one thing, and not even all that necessary. I'd be thrilled with functional.

Every day, businesses in this country put people together from completely disparate backgrounds and perspectives, and those people can come up with some incredibly innovative solutions together.

There's no excuse why that can't happen in politics. Outside of pure, childish ego.

The point of the thread is that our country is going down in flames because of stubborn partisans who can't accept that half the country doesn't agree with them.
Yeah I understand your narrative but I dont see the country going down in flames. Racist, bigot whites showing their asses and not permitting the Mac1958 of the world to pretend they don't exist is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I'm also not buying the premise that you and Mac don't also have a side.
Each thinks they can win a 51% majority and force their will on the rest of the nation. That's not gonna happen.
It happens all the time.
What will happen, what IS happening, is that we'll go down in flames bickering over the culture war.
That's the problem. You dumb bozos imagine there's a way to end conflict. We aren't a hive mind. We're individuals. We're going to have conflicting motives and desires. That's just life.
Better learn Chinese.
I've been living in South Florida my entire life and I'm still working on Spanish. The real Chiney people dem are shit out of luck. I'm only Jamaican Chinese. :laugh:

My position is based on things that started when I was a kid that your ass did not see. Yours is based on an opinion that you got from reading primarily right wing garbage. It is the only way you can conclude that attempting to provide equal opportunity was taking things too far. I have seen the resistance to the Civil Rights Act from the beginning son. I grew up dealing with it. You were in South America or wherever, maybe not even born yet.
:lmao:

Forum List

Back