POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
Unfortunately, there's nothing at all simple about that solution.
Wrong…actually the solution is very simple.

When America was American were the parties this divided?​

When most Americans shared a last name with those who died in world wars, when most Americans were Protestant Christians, when most spoke the same language, when most loved, cherished, protected and preserved Americas flag, our history, tradition, culture and value system, when American nationalism was celebrated and encouraged, when most understood the value of hard work, determination and accountability, when most were ashamed to be funded by fellow citizens, when almost all were heterosexual and not gender confused.
Remember when only the smallest of things seperated the ideologies of the parties?
Isn't it obvious which party has caused the divide....isn't it the fault of the 'progress' with us or else party.....The sit there quietly while we fundamentally transform your nation party?

LOL - unity isn't about singing kumbaya. It's just smart politics. It's recognizing that thrashing back and forth, between left wing jerkoff fantasies and right wing jerkoff fantasies, is burying us.
Don't lecture anyone on smart politics libertarian. Your fuckwit reps can't even field a pick up 3 on 3 basketball game. :laugh:

Yeah I understand your narrative but I dont see the country going down in flames. Racist, bigot whites showing their asses and not permitting the Mac1958 of the world to pretend they don't exist is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I'm also not buying the premise that you and Mac don't also have a side.
Two lies.

I've made clear many times that white racism clearly remains. Many times, in many ways.

And I have chosen a side: Against hardcore partisan ideologues. I put you on the Left and the nutters on the Right on the same side, with the rest of the country on mine.

You bitch and moan that I don't engage, and this is exactly why. Grow up a little bit, take your time, and I'll let you know when you've evolved enough to merit my attention.

"Every day, businesses in this country put people together from completely disparate backgrounds and perspectives, and those people can come up with some incredibly innovative solutions together."

Business exists to make a profit.
Government exists to spend money and wield power.

Unity is one thing, and not even all that necessary. I'd be thrilled with functional.

Every day, businesses in this country put people together from completely disparate backgrounds and perspectives, and those people can come up with some incredibly innovative solutions together.

There's no excuse why that can't happen in politics. Outside of pure, childish ego.
Every day in this country businesses also fail.

:itsok:

The point of the thread is that our country is falling apart because of stubborn partisans who can't accept that half the country doesn't agree with them. Each thinks they can win a 51% majority and force their will on the rest of the nation. That's not gonna happen. What will happen, what IS happening, is that we'll go down in flames bickering over the culture war.

Better learn Chinese.
If they could save half the energy they burn making excuses why they can't work together, and spend it on growing up and working together, we could make some goddamn progress.

If they could save half the energy they burn making excuses why they can't work together, and spend it on growing up and working together, we could make some goddamn progress.
I'd be content to stop making "regress". The kind of "unity" I have in mind doesn't really require working together. It only requires a commitment not to fuck each other blind every time one side gets 51% of the votes in an election. It's less about coming to an agreement on what to do, and more about simply agreeing not to force shit on the country unless there's real agreement on the matter.

Two lies.

I've made clear many times that white racism clearly remains. Many times, in many ways.
Sure. You've also said it's the rise of Trump in 2016 that made you recognize them for what they are. What about the entire 8 years that were calling Obama an illegal kenyan president? I get that things changed for you when these racist and bigots started threatening you but your sudden bout of self interest doesn't really buy you anything with me.
And I have chosen a side: Against hardcore partisan ideologues. I put you on the Left and the nutters on the Right on the same side, with the rest of the country on mine.
Right. So "healing" is just your euphemism for people agreeing with you. We all understood that Mac. It wasn't a subtle point.
You bitch and moan that I don't engage, and this is exactly why. Grow up a little bit, take your time, and I'll let you know when you've evolved enough to merit my attention.
I make fun of you for being too much of a bitch to engage with me. You can pass the MAGAts off as unreasonable but my points are sound.

Work together towards competing goals? That makes total fucking sense. Black Civil Rights activists and white supremacists just need to work together to achieve their goals. These are the brilliant points you're afraid to debate on. Wonder why. :laugh:

The scary, pesky question that dblack nor Mac1958 nor any of the other….”but but but….UNITY!!” people can answer……
Can ANY society comprised of too many people with too many differences between them become united?

I'd be content to stop making "regress". The kind of "unity" I have in mind doesn't really require working together. It only requires a commitment not to fuck each other blind every time one side gets 51% of the votes in an election. It's less about coming to an agreement on what to do, and more about simply agreeing not to force shit on the country unless there's real agreement on the matter.
What the wings absolutely refuse to understand is that collaborating is not a zero sum game, where one "wins" 100% and the other "loses" 100%. And more importantly, if you're good at it, you can create something NEW, where everyone has skin in the game and wants it to succeed. Like our Constitution.

They're so damn afraid of being taken advantage of that they're sinking the fucking boat.

Sure. You've also said it's the rise of Trump in 2016 that made you recognize them for what they are. What about the entire 8 years that were calling Obama an illegal kenyan president? I get that things changed for you when these racist and bigots started threatening you but your sudden bout of self interest doesn't really buy you anything with me.

Right. So "healing" is just your euphemism for people agreeing with you. We all understood that Mac. It wasn't a subtle point.

I make fun of you for being too much of a bitch to engage with me. You can pass the MAGAts off as unreasonable but my points are sound.
Can’t speak for MAC but for me, they don’t have to agree with me. They have to accept facts. By “they” I mean those on the right and those on the far left.

Can’t speak for MAC but for me, they don’t have to agree with me. They have to accept facts. By “they” I mean those on the right and those on the far left.
Are moderates exempt or is the premise of this humble brag that they do, inherently?

If they want to.
Like kind, likeminded humans WANT to unite by default, it’s natural behavior.
Conversely
By default, humans too different from one another WANT to separate, it’s natural behavior.
The great experiment ’melting-pot’ fools probably think they can force lions to cohabitate with gazelles too…don’t they?
Why are lefties always trying to force unnatural shit on others?
Look, the great experiment has failed big time…the ship has sailed, it’s over, there is no UNITED States Of America. Embrace the divide.

What the wings absolutely refuse to understand is that collaborating is not a zero sum game, where one "wins" 100% and the other "loses" 100%. And more importantly, if you're good at it, you can create something NEW, where everyone has skin in the game and wants it to succeed. Like our Constitution.

They're so damn afraid of being taken advantage of that they're sinking the fucking boat.
Yep. That constitution that famously supported everyone's success, no matter their skin color.... :laugh:

These must be those facts that other poster was talking about.

If they want to.
And despite Trump's rhetoric, latinos are not deaf to his promises. Segments of the population do seem to be "non-compromising." Young people, always. Why Trump cottoned to the white nationalists is probably Bannon. It was not a populist move. Having an open border is not populist either.

But we are NOT divided as we were during civil rights. I have neighbors (white) who still think ending segregation was .... insane. I remember listening to the draft lottery on my transistor radio, realizing full well the only reason it was happening was Nixon's re-election effort.

Loser's a loser.

Win or lose, trump's gone in 4. And so's Biden. I don't think people like JD Vance or Johnson are any more racist than I am. I'm a little curious to see if today's democrats of the Squad are capable of compromise.

Forum List

Back