What the FUCK is wrong with some of these GOP people?

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.

Things like this should be expected with control of the entire party in the hands of the extreme right. There aren't any moderates left to put a stop to the zealotry.

Expressing a moderate view in the present GOP immediatly gets one tagged a RINO, and pushed aside, or completely out of the party.

Pretty much the reason I left.

Perhaps things are not perceived to be as gloomy as some would hope. The Governor has never been ahead in EV's in this election. The OP uses a false premise pulled out of nowhere.

The Akin mis-step is a symptom of a largely science-illiterate constituency; the same one that rejects global warming, thinks that clean coal is a real phenomenon, that the earth is a little over 2,000 years old, etc... Why is anyone surprised that a republican thinks this? Says it...sure but thinks it? I would imagine that if you gave the average GOP voter truth serum, they'd think that Mr. Pibb can prevent pregnancy.

First Todd Akin, then the Republican Congressman swimming naked in the Sea of Galilee, and next week the Republican National Convention is going to be hit by a hurricane.

It's a bad month for Republicans.

First Todd Akin, then the Republican Congressman swimming naked in the Sea of Galilee, and next week the Republican National Convention is going to be hit by a hurricane.

It's a bad month for Republicans.

wow you're such a robot, you copy and paste this into every thread?

I'm a fan of states rights. So whatever the people in that state vote on *shrug* I'm ok with that.

Ok so muslims marrying 12 year olds is ok, as long as the law allows it.....got it....you're fucking nuts

Where are Muslims marrying 12 year olds in America?

Oh yeah I forgot, you don't know how to stay on topic, or how to argue without logic fallacies or a straw man approach. Why don't you mention hitler and just finish the trifecta.

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.

It's the clown shoes party.

These are the same people basing their campaign on an out of context quote and have adopted the slogan "we built that" to use at convention being held in a building that was 62% financed with public money. No doubt the irony of them saying "we built that" as their comeback is lost on them as well.

YEAH IT'S DISGUSTING--and I agree with you. What's happened especially in tea party groups is the far out right social nut-cases have grabbed the floor--on abortion issues. They could give a rats ass about the economy--deficits and an out of control big spending expansive federal government--and want to insult the integrity of 52% of the vote in this country which are WOMEN.

And what's really funny--is they expect to win in 2012---:badgrin::badgrin:

Romney is very middle of the road on social issues--and does give exemption to abortion in the instance of rape and incest--and the platform wants to bring up abortion when he wants to talk about jobs--deficits, etc. Romney doesn't even like the topic (abortion) brought up. If I were Romney I would grab the freaking head of the GOP by fucking throat and choke him off before I would let him use the "word" abortion on the platform.

UN FREAKIN BELIEVABLE. These fucking idiots are playing right into the Obama's reelection committees hands.

Last edited:
You losers act as if using the wedge issues is not what got these assholes elected in the first place.

No Republican could have possibly gotten elected by touting cuts in spending and lowered deficits and smaller government. The GOP has not done ANY of that in 30 years. They have talked about it....but they have done none of it.

Yet.....you dummies STILL believe it when they stroke your nuts every two years.

Scaring weak minded people about baby killers, brown jihad and "press 2 for Spanish" is what gets them their jobs in the first place. They go with what they know works.

Well since you asked, yep many of the con lovers in this board are not only ignorant, they appear to like being that way. Makes no sense!!

Forum List

Back