What the FUCK is wrong with some of these GOP people?

predfan is a real brick brain and never has much of substance to say.

He is competing with willow for most uninformed poster

predfan is a real brick brain and never has much of substance to say.

He is competing with willow for most uninformed poster

DogLaughingAni.gif

Trust me, you have no competition for THAT title.

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.

This is what happens when you let Religious nutbags run your party.

The radical anti-abortion plank has been in the GOP platform since 1976...

All Akin did was point out the radical stupidity again... as if Limbaugh and all those who attacked Fluke hadn't already done so.

You brought cats to a fox hunt. You get to sit under a shade tree and sip a cocktail happy in the knowledge that you are above it all. Pity those fools who have chosen a path!

As a bonus, you get to say "I told ya so" regardless of which guy wins.

Whatever works for ya.

That's a lovely insult and all, but precisely how would I be able to say I told you so? Unlike you partisan ideologues, I'm making no predictions, and I don't claim to have all the answers.

So how will I be able to gloat, precisely?

Hey LoneLaugher, c'mon, tell me how I'll be able to gloat on November 7. I've been resigned to watching one goofy end hootin' and hollerin' and tossing confetti. This is great news, lay it on me.

For a person who professes such a disdain for PC.....you sure are sensitive. I did not insult you.

You have been taking pot shots at both sides for the entire time I have been here. You are clearly of a mind that supporters of both candidates are misguided souls. So......you will simply wait for some bad news or evidence of further gridlock post election...and you will offer more pot shots. Simple.

Both parties have negatives. Sometimes these are even the same negatives. Saying that they are "two peas in a pod" has merit when looking only at these areas.

But they differ in many ways. One of them MUST align more closely with your belief system/ desired path for the nation. Why not say which one?

Or...are they REALLY both so out there and so similar that you can't say?

In that case.....is there a third party that you support?

That's a lovely insult and all, but precisely how would I be able to say I told you so? Unlike you partisan ideologues, I'm making no predictions, and I don't claim to have all the answers.

So how will I be able to gloat, precisely?

Hey LoneLaugher, c'mon, tell me how I'll be able to gloat on November 7. I've been resigned to watching one goofy end hootin' and hollerin' and tossing confetti. This is great news, lay it on me.

For a person who professes such a disdain for PC.....you sure are sensitive. I did not insult you.

You have been taking pot shots at both sides for the entire time I have been here. You are clearly of a mind that supporters of both candidates are misguided souls. So......you will simply wait for some bad news or evidence of further gridlock post election...and you will offer more pot shots. Simple.

Both parties have negatives. Sometimes these are even the same negatives. Saying that they are "two peas in a pod" has merit when looking only at these areas.

But they differ in many ways. One of them MUST align more closely with your belief system/ desired path for the nation. Why not say which one?

Or...are they REALLY both so out there and so similar that you can't say?

In that case.....is there a third party that you support?

But I "feel" like you insulted me, and I'm very "offended", and my "feelings" are hurt, so I should be expecting you to lose your job or at least be forced to offer a public apology so that I "feel" better, and so that you can be a little intimidated from "hurting" my "feelings" in the future. If I were the hypersensitive PC Police, that is. But thanks for bringing that up.

Regarding the parties, I'm fucked. I have deep differences with both parties, I'm embarrassed by the actions of both, and there's no way I can spend my one little vote supporting either one. Full disclosure, I sometimes envy those who can just "pick a side" and run with it regardless of facts or intellectual honesty, so narcissistic in thinking that "my way is the only way", I can only imagine how that simplifies things, but such behavior strikes me as clearly intellectually dishonest, so I'm afraid I'm stuck where I am. I'm finding an alternate party for President, the other offices, I don't know yet.

I console myself with the knowledge that the zealous partisan ideologues, while they are far louder than the rest of us, still represent the minority. I cling to the notion that a majority of Americans still choose to think for themselves. So there's nothing special about me whatsoever. It's the partisan ideologues who are "special", and I don't really mean that in a good way.

Last edited:
Huh? WTF does that mean?

Pretty obvious I thought. We focus on all the superficial issues that never go away and put the important shit on the back burner till it's foegotten

That's hilarious coming from you! You post superfluous bullshit around the clock. Why all the sudden concern for what really matters?

gee look at the shit you post around the clock.....how about this one that you have alluded too a dozen times.....if your against the President its because he is Black......what other possible reason could there be be?.....right Lakunta?......

Seriously, America is truly fucked if Romney/Ryan win in November. Truly fucked...
we are already fucked with the so called "leadership" we have now....get rid of both parties....you may actually see someone working for the people again....otherwise 4 years from now you will not only have the same gripes you have now,but some new ones to boot....but hey i have been told voting for a non-Rep. or Dem. Party guy is a wasted vote....voting for the same old shit aint going to change anything....

Granted they are trying to push Akin out for his tremendously stupid comments about rape but then they turn around and adopt abortion as a front end plank at the convention.

SERIOUSLY?????? Are we this god damn stupid? We should have this election in the bag based on the economic performance of this administration. So what do we do? Change the subject from FAILED POLICIES to social issues that before a couple days ago were not even spoke of. Issues that thanks to Akin we WILL LOSE on.

This has got to be one of the dumbest moves of the GOP leaders in years if not decades. This election was ours to lose and we just shot ourselves in the foot.

Things like this should be expected with control of the entire party in the hands of the extreme right. There aren't any moderates left to put a stop to the zealotry.

Expressing a moderate view in the present GOP immediatly gets one tagged a RINO, and pushed aside, or completely out of the party.

and i have seen a moderate in the Democratic party called a "blue dog" and pushed aside....and dont tell me this dont happen.....there are enough Far Left Democrats posting here that have said just that......

First Todd Akin, then the Republican Congressman swimming naked in the Sea of Galilee, and next week the Republican National Convention is going to be hit by a hurricane.

It's a bad month for Republicans.

wow you're such a robot, you copy and paste this into every thread?

No, just the one's you are on.

Chris....on a scale of 1-5 how do you rate your Helen Thomas Sex Doll?.....Franco said it was resisting your advances......is this true?....

Pretty obvious I thought. We focus on all the superficial issues that never go away and put the important shit on the back burner till it's foegotten

That's hilarious coming from you! You post superfluous bullshit around the clock. Why all the sudden concern for what really matters?

gee look at the shit you post around the clock.....how about this one that you have alluded too a dozen times.....if your against the President its because he is Black......what other possible reason could there be be?.....right Lakunta?......

Lakunta huh? Nice job there with the reference to Kunta Kinte while talking about black people!

Are you really that surprised? The GOP-controlled House began passing anti-abortion/de-fund Planned Parenthood bills as soon as they took over in 2010.

Lakunta huh? Nice job there with the reference to Kunta Kinte while talking about black people!

Kunta kinte?....are you serious?......its La Cunta....only with a K....geezus Christ go back to the Pasture and chew your cud....:lol:....what a fucking Dipshit.....

If you have not noticed the liberal left is once again changing the subject. The Republicans need to divorce themselves from his statement which was indeed a very poor choice of words. This will blow over, no one is forgetting the disaster of the last 3 1/2 years. I think everyone has pretty much made up their minds already about if they will support 3 1/2 years of disaster or not. And those who have not their pay check and gasoline bills will decide for them. Some unfortunate words from a Senate candidate that no one had heard of isn't going to change the over 8 percent unemployment by one any amount.

The whole of the GOP just endorsed Akin's position in their platform for the coming campaign. You think this is going to blow over with that in the platform? Wanna buy some seafront property in Colorado?

The whole of conservatives have always defended life, that has not changed. Akins just used a poorly chosen word that is all. This is nothing more then smear created from the left. A left that has nothing good to run on and a whle lot to run away from.

Defending the most innocent of our society is the popular stance.

Forum List

Back