What the election showed

I wonder if the Republicans would have kept the House if Trump wasn't censored by the MSM.

That was the KO haymaker that the Republicans didn't see coming.
Lol, please post up examples of the media censoring tRump.
Trumps ad was pulled from NBC, MSNBC, FNC, CNN et al.

Look it up.
Lol, that wasn't censorship. They aren't allowed to brodcast that racist shit.
:rolleyes:

That's called censorship.

1. Democrats did a great organizational job to take a severely Gerrymandered House
2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number os Senate seats
3. Republicans did what is necessary to win close contests
4. Republicans held their stronghold in the South but Dems showed that formerly solid Red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona are up for grabs
5. For 2020, Florida and Ohio still showed they are leaning red but Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin drifted back to blue

I think it looks good for the Democrats in Congress going forward; especially when the GOP has so many Senate seats to defend in 2020.

As for the Oval office. If you haven’t been turned off by the blob yet…I don’t see it happening. Maybe 20,000 lies will have a greater effect than the 10,000 or so he’s told since he was sworn in…but I doubt it.
BUT the moron called losing the house a great victory I still can't believe the dotards believe a word he says

What choice do they have?
You mean if anyone dares go against him he'll tweet something nasty about them ? Like lying Ted?

I thought the “dotards” were his supporters. Other government officials…sure; they’ve been whipped into submission. It’s the battered spouse syndrome.
I think Blues is a battered spouse

Right now, Republicans rule from a minority in the House, Senate and White House
Long term demographics with Hispanics, women and young voters are not in their favor. Neither are increasing voter turnouts.

Republicans see the handwriting on the wall and are vigorously stacking the courts for the day they can no longer execute minority rule

Unfortunately for everyone, this does appear to be the handwriting on the wall.
What amazes me is how so many fools are so eager to take paradise and turn it into SanFranShitsco and Shitcago.

The Left is apparently more at home with this.......(Typical SanfranShitsco street)
twitpic-52.jpg

The President's ability to win the Senate will mean that he will be able to really work on getting his appointments to the court confirmed.

This is a huge point of positivity, one of the things that a lot of folks love about Trump.

Also, he won't have to worry about the dam infrastructure, the Dems don't want it so they can be blamed.

Big win for Republicans especially if Thomas and Ginsberg check out
Republicans are setting up for the day they no longer can win in Congress and the White House. They are stacking courts with young conservatives at all levels that will invalidate Democratic legislation over trivial issues for decades

Haven't progressives been saying the whole "You will never win another election again) for about 2 decades now?

And the only legislation most of them will "invalidate" will be progressive attempts at national level morality plays, and of course, gutting the 1st and 2nd amendment.
Right now, Republicans rule from a minority in the House, Senate and White House
Long term demographics with Hispanics, women and young voters are not in their favor. Neither are increasing voter turnouts.

Republicans see the handwriting on the wall and are vigorously stacking the courts for the day they can no longer execute minority rule

You fall for the classic mistake of assuming no political shift in these groups, and as usual assuming they are all a monolithic block.

The President's ability to win the Senate will mean that he will be able to really work on getting his appointments to the court confirmed.

This is a huge point of positivity, one of the things that a lot of folks love about Trump.

Also, he won't have to worry about the dam infrastructure, the Dems don't want it so they can be blamed.

Republicans are setting up for the day they no longer can win in Congress and the White House. They are stacking courts with young conservatives at all levels that will invalidate Democratic legislation over trivial issues for decades

Haven't progressives been saying the whole "You will never win another election again) for about 2 decades now?

And the only legislation most of them will "invalidate" will be progressive attempts at national level morality plays, and of course, gutting the 1st and 2nd amendment.

Not sure about the importance of stacking the courts. I think the judicial body has a way of moderating itself over time.

The writing on the wall for the electoral landscape is clear however. I would be using Arizona but we don’t have a winner yet so I’ll look at Texas...

True. The 2018 midterms saw the following tallies:

View attachment 227298

The figures to focus on are the 4,003,513 for Beto and the year 2018; a Midterm election where participation is usually lower than the general election. I’ve actually seen higher totals for O’Rourke than what Wikipedia is reporting—the AP says he got 12,000 votes more.

Now consider this….

View attachment 227297

Beto received General Election type numbers in a Midterm election.

So that is a hopeful trend for whomever runs for Senate in 2020 against Cornyn.

Will The dems have that much $$ to throw at a single Senate race in 2020?

You fall for the classic mistake of assuming no political shift in these groups, and as usual assuming they are all a monolithic block.

Exactly. Before the 1960's, the immigrant communities from Europe were overwhelmingly liberal Democrat- and many ended up switching.

Ditto, with the Poor Whites of Appalachia and the South- traditionally liberal Democrats they too switched. Bill Freaking Clinton and even the hapless Mike Dukakis won West Virginia easily.

Thinking that hispanics and black are forever the property of the Democrat Party is a mistake

1. Democrats did a great organizational job to take a severely Gerrymandered House
2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number of Senate seats
4. Republicans held their stronghold in the South but Dems showed that formerly solid Red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona are up for grabs
5. For 2020, Florida and Ohio still showed they are leaning red but Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin drifted back to blue

I agree with the exception of #1. The Dems are party to the Gerrymandering and use it for their own advantage - so red herring.

No Blue Wave
No Red Wave

We are back to a rather typical split government, in name if not spirit. The best possible outcome is that the saner folks among the House Dems will lead them to actual civil bipartisanship instead of a two year production of Show Trials.

The best possible outcome is that the saner folks among the House Dems will lead them to actual civil bipartisanship instead of a two year production of Show Trials.

Do you really think that this is likely, with Waters, Nadler , Schieff and other loose cannons in charge of committees? They want to investigate not just the President but everyone in the administration

Hispanics should be a fertile field for the gop. However, imo what we are seeing is diametrically opposing social views even among white people in rural flyover territory compared to urban post-industrial. And whether the gop has kissed goodbye for over a generation to Hispanics in Tex will be a question.

2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number of Senate seats

I agree with the exception of #1. The Dems are party to the Gerrymandering and use it for their own advantage - so red herring.

No Blue Wave
No Red Wave

We are back to a rather typical split government, in name if not spirit. The best possible outcome is that the saner folks among the House Dems will lead them to actual civil bipartisanship instead of a two year production of Show Trials.
There's no bipartisanship happening. You might see something like criminal justice reform, but anything like that will arise from McConnell's chamber. I doubt the dems ever do a deal with Trump after Daca, and Trump actually threw McConnell under the bus too when he backed out of a deal on repeal and replace.

you people lack perspective which is why you all seem to think every election is historic or unprecedented

The sitting president's party loses the house in midterms 92% of the time so really this election ain't so fucking special
But you're STILL butt hurt. :biggrin:
No not really

I didn't vote because unlike you I realize that it doesn't matter who is in office

I just like to laugh at all you emotional idiots getting all worked up over something that happens 92% of the time

2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number os Senate seats
It also showed that the man who called it a great victory when for the next 2 years his name is mud , is a GD lunatic

Imagine if the dems won BOTH the House and Senate what Trump's presidency would be like. Trump's big win in the Senate means that the voters will see the stark difference between the two parties for 2020. Trump has only one year to navigate the House attacks, then its all dem primaries and the 2020 election polls...I personally don't think the coming year will be much different than the last two, with the dems and MSM constantly going negative, and the voters tuning them out.
Voters didn't tune out Dems, they took Da House.

BFD the sitting president's party loses the house 92% of the time

What is interesting is the competitiveness in formerly solid red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona
Trump will be forced to defend those states and Democrats have improved their infrastructure and registrations in those states

YEah you know what's happening in TX?

All the transplanted Californians want TX to be more like CA because they forgot why they left CA in the first place

It also showed that the man who called it a great victory when for the next 2 years his name is mud , is a GD lunatic

Imagine if the dems won BOTH the House and Senate what Trump's presidency would be like. Trump's big win in the Senate means that the voters will see the stark difference between the two parties for 2020. Trump has only one year to navigate the House attacks, then its all dem primaries and the 2020 election polls...I personally don't think the coming year will be much different than the last two, with the dems and MSM constantly going negative, and the voters tuning them out.

Yeah but calling it a great victory ?? and you dumb fks buy his crap? He shits in a hat and you wear it

Yeah but calling it a great victory ?? and you dumb fks buy his crap? He shits in a hat and you wear it

Do you know to whom you are replying?

I didn't vote for Trump in fact I didn't vote at all because it's a waste of time.

Like I said you people lack perspective

Do you know to whom you are replying?

I didn't vote for Trump in fact I didn't vote at all because it's a waste of time.

Like I said you people lack perspective
Beg your pardon

What the election showed last night is that Trump's election was no fluke. That Trump's base is strong and cohesive. That the white working class is still in his corner and that Trump will be a formidable candidate in 2020.

Furthermore, it also showed that pollsters continue to under estimate Trump's support. Conservatives are right on that point. Take the polls for what they are worth. Not much.

That is true
Trump called his base and they came out for him
Saved Florida, Georgia, Arizona and Texas for his party

But those states showed major cracks in the solid Republican south

What the election showed last night is that Trump's election was no fluke. That Trump's base is strong and cohesive. That the white working class is still in his corner and that Trump will be a formidable candidate in 2020.

Furthermore, it also showed that pollsters continue to under estimate Trump's support. Conservatives are right on that point. Take the polls for what they are worth. Not much.

That is true
Trump called his base and they came out for him
Saved Florida, Georgia, Arizona and Texas for his party

But those states showed major cracks in the solid Republican south
Texas yes. Not so much in the other three, imo.

Forum List

Back